2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm so excited for this! But I wonder why So Youn is changing back to RJ. Or maybe is it a revised version?

I'll be honest: Her SP needs more of a change than her FS. It just seems a bit too weak at the moment. For the FS, I personally like her Red Violin program more than RJ. The choreography is actually pretty nice if you pay attention to it. But admittedley, it sometimes did seem like the music was overpowering her a bit. So if she is more comfortable with RJ, than it's understandable.

clippers8200

On the Ice
I am glad to see SY switch back to RJ. I've really wanted to see that program clean and I think she emotes better to it. Her Red Violin choreo made her look slow on ice and her SS weaker than they are IMO. I think that may be a good program for the future, but I hope switching back to RJ will help her skate a clean FS.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Day 2 Some Practice Report by Twitter

-Young You: Landed all jumps include 3Lz-3T, SP run-through cleaned.
-June hyoung Lee: seems like good condition. new hair style.
-A hyun Lim: nice 2A-3T, nice choreo.
-Hwi Choi: seems happy, really nice to see.
-Sena Kim: Miss Saigon. Really good skills..
-Han gil Kim: move to coach Shin.
-Ye lim Kim: She looks to fix Lutz edge. Try some difficult jumps and clean all. 3Lz-3T, 3Lz-3T-2Lo, 3Lz-3T-3Lo, Rippon 3Lo lovely. clean and lovely tanos. Looks like in really good moods. SP Donde voy is really nice!! So impressive.
-Ji hoon Do: Lovely posture, 3Lz-3T clean. Cleaned free skating run-through except last 1Lz.
-Yun kyung Kam: Really great 2A (counter-2A-eagle) Nice layback spins!
-Sung hoon Park: Do run-through several times because of FS's step sequence timing. Planned 3S-3Lo also in SP.
-Se hee Jeon: Bring back 3-3 again. Better height and flow than ever.
-Geon hyoung An: Repeat SP run-through till lands 3T-3T.
-So youn Park: Back to RJ in FS, do good except second lutz hands down, missing salchow. Two 2A-3T.
-Seung been Yu: Cleaned SP run-through.
-Se jong Byun: Almost cleaned SP run-through. Better performance.
-Da bin Choi: Cleaned FS run-through easily!

Rebeka Kim and Kirill Minov are not arrived yet, they are planning to arrive Seoul tomorrow morning.

andyjo24

Medalist
Day 2 Some Practice Report by Twitter

-Young You: Landed all jumps include 3Lz-3T, SP run-through cleaned.
-June hyoung Lee: seems like good condition. new hair style.
-A hyun Lim: nice 2A-3T, nice choreo.
-Hwi Choi: seems happy, really nice to see.
-Sena Kim: Miss Saigon. Really good skills..
-Han gil Kim: move to coach Shin.
-Ye lim Kim: She looks to fix Lutz edge. Try some difficult jumps and clean all. 3Lz-3T, 3Lz-3T-2Lo, 3Lz-3T-3Lo, Rippon 3Lo lovely. clean and lovely tanos. Looks like in really good moods. SP Donde voy is really nice!! So impressive.
-Ji hoon Do: Lovely posture, 3Lz-3T clean. Cleaned free skating run-through except last 1Lz.
-Yun kyung Kam: Really great 2A (counter-2A-eagle) Nice layback spins!
-Sung hoon Park: Do run-through several times because of FS's step sequence timing. Planned 3S-3Lo also in SP.
-Se hee Jeon: Bring back 3-3 again. Better height and flow than ever.
-Geon hyoung An: Repeat SP run-through till lands 3T-3T.
-So youn Park: Back to RJ in FS, do good except second lutz hands down, missing salchow. Two 2A-3T.
-Seung been Yu: Cleaned SP run-through.
-Se jong Byun: Almost cleaned SP run-through. Better performance.
-Da bin Choi: Cleaned FS run-through easily!

Rebeka Kim and Kirill Minov are not arrived yet, they are planning to arrive Seoul tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for your reports Hailey!!

I was just wondering if you knew whether the choreography for Soyoun's RJ is the same or if she actually made changes to the program compared to last season

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I'm so excited for this! But I wonder why So Youn is changing back to RJ. Or maybe is it a revised version?

I'll be honest: Her SP needs more of a change than her FS. It just seems a bit too weak at the moment. For the FS, I personally like her Red Violin program more than RJ. The choreography is actually pretty nice if you pay attention to it. But admittedley, it sometimes did seem like the music was overpowering her a bit. So if she is more comfortable with RJ, than it's understandable.

The Red Violin FS is magnificent and one of my favorite FS-es this season. That being said, I think it's too advanced and sophisticated for Soyoun to pull off with her current ability. Whenever she skated it, I kept imagining Yuna Kim skating to it.

andyjo24

Medalist
The Red Violin FS is magnificent and one of my favorite FS-es this season. That being said, I think it's too advanced and sophisticated for Soyoun to pull off with her current ability. Whenever she skated it, I kept imagining Yuna Kim skating to it.

I agree. A sophisticated program is not right for So Youn, especially when she is struggling to get through the technical element. Its just too much for her to handle.

Maybe once she gains confidence in the technical elements, she can revisit Red Violin later.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Thank you so much for your reports Hailey!!

I was just wondering if you knew whether the choreography for Soyoun's RJ is the same or if she actually made changes to the program compared to last season

I just get some reports from twitter, so don`t thank me a lot :biggrin:
Donno about how her RJ changed.. Maybe we should wait...:scratch2: Or is there any fancam?? Anyone know??

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Some people said: Jun hwan Cha is suffered now because of tinnitus...
I think this maybe the reason his moods looks not good. :(
Hope he gets well...!!

andyjo24

Medalist
Some people said: Jun hwan Cha is suffered now because of tinnitus...
I think this maybe the reason his moods looks not good. :(
Hope he gets well...!!

Oh no! Thats bad.... I've had tinnitis before and ugh...

But he's a strong boy so he will get it together.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I'm so impressed by all these youngsters!!!!!! Yuna must be VERY proud. RE: Ye Lim RIPPON LOOP????? :jaw:

edit1: Is Ye Lim backloading her jumps in her SP?

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Competition is going on now!:popcorn: No delay videos yet.
Junior ladies SP time.

I think Yu jin Jung from group 3 is current leader, 43.xx (by twitter)

I`m... going to arrive at the rink at the middle of group 6 I think.:laugh: And then I`ll livescore the competition. :)

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
I'm so impressed by all these youngsters!!!!!! Yuna must be VERY proud. RE: Ye Lim RIPPON LOOP????? :jaw:

edit1: Is Ye Lim backloading her jumps in her SP?

Yes, she did that way in her SP run-through, so I think she will do also in competition.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Livescoring from Junior Ladies Group 6
Group 6
30 Sa rang Park 30.01
31 Kyu ri Kim 37.84
32 Min young Lee 42.15 3T-2T 3F(under-rotated) 2A Lovely summer night program. --- Current 2nd place
33 Do eun Kim 36.95 2A 3S-2T 2F This little girl fell on ice when she bowing after finish her program.:laugh: What a cute.
34 Eun sol Jang 34.80
35 Eun seo Lee 30.52

Ice resurfacing~

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The Red Violin is such a wonderfully fantastic program and I hope with fingers crossed So Youn revisits it in the future, maybe Olympics? I was actually quite surprised that she didn't repeat her R&J to begin with when the season started though