2016 Medal Winners Open | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Medal Winners Open

mawamasha

Rinkside
Double jumps only for Carolina?

I thought she wants to compete in Boston?

Ridiculous she doesn't even try a triple toeloop sorry

She keeps on saying things like "we'll see" or "I don't know yet"... After what we've seen today I think she won't go to Boston and perhaps she'll make her retirement official - this is just my opinion but her jumps spoke for themselves. She's had an amazing career and I'd like to remember her as she was in Sochi and Saitama!

futurepupdoc

Rinkside
She keeps on saying things like "we'll see" or "I don't know yet"... After what we've seen today I think she won't go to Boston and perhaps she'll make her retirement official - this is just my opinion but her jumps spoke for themselves. She's had an amazing career and I'd like to remember her as she was in Sochi and Saitama!

I don't think her focus is Boston but she is considering next season. I think talk of Boston came from hopeful fans and not Carolina herself. I may be wrong but that is the way I have read it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

She has been training but it takes time to get into competitive form after being
away from competition for a year. We have seen Mao and Patrick struggle after
taking 1 year off. IMO talk of Caro competing in Boston was always suspect to me.

She did come in 2nd and earned a sizeable paycheck for her efforts, not to shabby.

I don't think her focus is Boston but she is considering next season. I think talk of Boston came from hopeful fans and not Carolina herself. I may be wrong but that is the way I have read it.

This!

I admit I have had the same thoughts as @mawamasha well before this competition. I am a huge fan of the "Goddess on Ice" and
would love to see her get back into the game but I am also realist.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What a joke that Weir and Buttle beat Ilia with that jump content! And he is so much older than they are too!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
New Year on Ice gala is starting in a few minutes...Here http://www.zhangyu.tv/805218

Thanks for the link! I've just gone to the link, but alas my timing is bad, there seems to be some intermission on and everything is in Japanese so I have no idea when the action will start again and I have to go out again soon!

3:42pm: They're back now...although right now the awkward level stands at 10 with a 14 year old Japanese skate trying to be sexy...

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link! I've just gone to the link, but alas my timing is bad, there seems to be some intermission on and everything is in Japanese so I have no idea when the action will start again and I have to go out again soon!

3:42pm: They're back now...although right now the awkward level stands at 10 with a 14 year old Japanese skate trying to be sexy...

Yeeah. Koshiro Shimada is too young to be going for the 'sexy'...though I feel this way for a lot of young boys and girls. They don't want to be treated like juniors so they think the best way to break the mold is doing 'sexy' routines. --Please don't. On the other hand, I liked Wakaba's program.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
What a joke that Weir and Buttle beat Ilia with that jump content! And he is so much older than they are too!

Ilia won with the jump content but he was beaten in PCS, which I can understand (without having seen the video clips).

npavel

On the Ice

In the warm up all of them were tripples. Besides she never said she will be in Boston or even compete this year. She said she is not a machine who can be put on and do all the elements. She was not allowed to train on Ice in Italy and spent the most of the year in Rome

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
By the way, Jeremy won, yay!!! I wished he competes in Nationals and Worlds.

YES! congrats to Jeremy - but I don’t know about him competing in ’real’ competitions. I would love to see him more, but not with low technical content. I’m glad he’s invited to events like this and other exhibitions.

Joanne is just incredible. All positive GOE on jumps and everything :bow:

Welcome back Carolina! Would be interesting to hear about her plans, but I guess she just takes it as it goes without pressure and enjoys her freedom. Anyway a great comeback :)

My queen :luv17: Love her costume + crown headpiece

Haven't seen her performance, waiting for videos; could this be the headpiece in making?

https://www.facebook.com/carolinako...1452872192./10156346268270024/?type=3&theater

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
No, she said it herself - I read it in a South Tyrolean newspaper that possible goals for the future are Worlds in Boston 2016 and the next Olympics. The question is: can she get in shape?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Did we ever get videos for this? Would really like to see Joannie's performance.

npavel

On the Ice
No, she said it herself - I read it in a South Tyrolean newspaper that possible goals for the future are Worlds in Boston 2016 and the next Olympics. The question is: can she get in shape?

the Dolomiten or AltoAdige are not god informed newspapers as I often read de. Carolina always told she is not a mashine and can't be put on like that. Now she told it ones more, she will prepare herselv and compete again in september.

here her performance at MWO
http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figu...ina-kostner-ita-medal-winners-open-2016-osaka

Last edited: