Koshiro Shimada | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Koshiro Shimada

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Japanese wiki also gives the number 174: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/島田高志郎.
And 42 kg of weight :eeking:

I don't mind height. But, looking at Koshiro's weight, I desperately need to know the menu :laugh:

42 kg?! There's no way that's true, he'd be well underweight for his height. And he doesn't look it from the pics.

https://twitter.com/alizagitova/status/1021916212991860737
Hmmm
Going by the pics he took with Camden and Deniss earlier this off season, I'm sticking with 174. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi0OOekFXVC/ And even if he isn't he probably will be soon enough :laugh:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I cannot believe the weight, I'm thinking that must be a mistake, or his old weight? I'm wondering if that rapid growth is also the reason for the muscle injury he suffered.

icetug

Medalist
From the interview taken at training camp of Team Japan:

#KoshiroShimada on growth spurt: “I am now 174 cm (about 5.8 ft). My new height might enhance my looks on ice but if my posture is bad, it will make it stand out, so I have to be careful. My injuries have almost completely healed and do not interfere my training anymore.”

#KoshiroShimada on whether his coach, Stephane Lambiel teaches jumping techniques: “He is the type of coach that gets competitive against his students. He is always jumping alongside Deniss Vasiljevs and I join them."

fourthdimension

On the Ice

Nafetaks

On the Ice
Country
Germany
The live stream of the Junior Grand Prix in Linz lost about 1,000 spectators, after his programm and result was over.

fourthdimension

On the Ice
I loves the new program! It has exactly what I want from a first outing of the season - lots of complexity, challenge and room to grow. It’s super intense, but he matches the emotion.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Great performance tonight, and Koshiro seemed so relaxed. His and Camden's programs were the best performed and best overall programs of the night for me. In this quad-obessed period, I'm happy to see that a skater can podium without one.
Also, Koshiro's matured a lot and had great expression. Congrats to a well-deserved silver, and good luck in the upcoming competitions!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Koshiro was just stunning!!! So happy for him winning silver! :yahoo: I loved both his programs in Linz, and to go completely clean in his first competition in nearly a year is really admirable.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Just watched his free program- it was amazing, Stephane, great job creating it and Koshiro- great job performing it! Congrats with silver! Well-deserved!

icetug

Medalist
Great program so wonderfully performed. And highest GOE in the competition: +9. Well done! :clapper:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok guys, I’m now on the Koshiro fan train: choo choo:hap10: I love performers and I love spins and I love elegance, and Koshiro brought these to the ice.

And it is great to see those elements rewarded:clap:

fourthdimension

On the Ice
In this competition I went from supporting Koshiro because I support all of Stéphane’s students, to being a whole hearted intense fan in his own right. SUCH a well deserved silver with two beautiful hard-fought programs!

It was sweet to see Camden helping him with the flag.