Young You | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Young You

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Young You for delivering so much excellence in the clutch in front of her hometown audience. A fabulous and emotionally compelling freeskate from Young You, my eyes felt like someone was slicing onions towards the end. Each jump was accompanied by a rising tide of emotion and a roar from the audience that seemed to reach its peak with the beautifully climatic Ina Bauer. She displayed supreme quality and lovely air position in the challenging gauntlet of jumps like the tremendous triple axel and triple lutz / triple toe done next to the boards in close contact with the rising wave of emotion in the audience, and she demonstrated massive rink coverage and excellent speed. There was also the lovely triple loop transitioning into the flexible I spin and beautiful Biellmann. Everything was done with a wonderful combination of grace and power.

Warwick360

Medalist
So glad for Young's medalling at 4CC. I really hope at Worlds, she doesn't lose any levels like she did here for footwork and spins, causing her to almost lose to Bradie. Every point counts and I really hope her and Ye-Lim somehow manage another spot. :clap:

maea14

On the Ice
she medalled in all for her senior appearance except for cup if china but all the best..I she'll be better in Worlds

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed her performances, epecially the free skate....
I think what Mr. Johnny Weir said about her on the NBC broadcast today was an insult and more than that, a much undeserved insult. It went way beyond commentary.
"If you dont necessarily have that artistic bone in your body, then you have got to learn to fake it." This to a girl who just got a 69.74 in PCSs from an international team of judges.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I really enjoyed her performances, epecially the free skate....
I think what Mr. Johnny Weir said about her on the NBC broadcast today was an insult and more than that, a much undeserved insult. It went way beyond commentary.
"If you dont necessarily have that artistic bone in your body, then you have got to learn to fake it." This to a girl who just got a 69.74 in PCSs from an international team of judges.

That's just false accusation from Johnny. You has artistry even if it is not polished yet. Like Sasha Trusova. I think it's unfair commentary on his part just because the skater is not your cup of tea. It's why I don't watch streams with them as commentators. blek

Scott512

Record Breaker
I kind of wish she was skating both Junior worlds and Senior worlds this season. She would have a good chance to medal at both.

Young's triple axel is amazing. I don't know how it compares to Alionas triple axel. I can only say both 3As are amazing.

gotoschool

Medalist
Happy belated Birthday to Young You. I hope I get to see her beautiful and powerful performances this season.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Very nice interview! I just wonder what she's doing in Korea now, they don't talk about itā€¦ Is there any chance that she can compete at the NHK?

readernick

Medalist
hmmm are korean ladies not participating in this season's GP?
I don't see how they can. If she has stayed in the USA, I am sure she would have been assigned Skate America. However, any foreign travel now would likely result in about a month of quaratine. It isn't really worth it given no world ranking points will be earned.