Young You | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Young You

kimi492

Final Flight
I’m so excited she got 1st - she had some good competition here. I’m sad Young you doesn’t seem to have very many fans - I was excited to come discuss this here or on YouTube/twitter but no one pays much attention.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I’m so excited she got 1st - she had some good competition here. I’m sad Young you doesn’t seem to have very many fans - I was excited to come discuss this here or on YouTube/twitter but no one pays much attention.

Are there complete results and protocols?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
LOL I didn't even know about this competition. [emoji28] But congrats to Young for winning! It's great that she looks more confident in each outing. Looks like the chances of SK getting 3 spots is getting more probable.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In view of her upcoming participation in the Junior Worlds, I've updated the OP (I've added all the results, programs and as many videos as I could find). Enjoy.

BTW, good luck tomorrow in the SP :)

Briananing

On the Ice
I think she might need to go back to TCC. She is good at everything but she just need a finishing which is what TCC is good at. Why did she move in the first place though ?

clippers8200

On the Ice
YY skated well!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMnoz_F2US/

Not a fan of her music though, just as I wasn't a fan of the My Fair Lady OST. Very slow music without memorable moments that's easy just to skate over. It fails to showcase her power and musicality IMO...

But obviously need to see the full program before I judge!

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
YY skated well!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMnoz_F2US/

Not a fan of her music though, just as I wasn't a fan of the My Fair Lady OST. Very slow music without memorable moments that's easy just to skate over. It fails to showcase her power and musicality IMO...

But obviously need to see the full program before I judge!

It's the soundtrack from the musical Evita. Not my first choice :confused2:

gotoschool

Medalist
I was so impressed with Young You's performance in the long program at the US International Skating Classic. She combines grace of movement with very good musicality especially with the shoulder shakes in the upbeat salsa section and smooth edges through some intricate transitions. She also has fine skating skills with nice speed, and refined artistry demonstrated most evidently in her beautifully expressive arms and her ability to sense the right amount of time to hold each pose and extension instead of rushing them. For example, there is a lot of aesthetic appeal in how she holds her lovely layback spin in anticipation of the picturesque Biellmann that follows and there is her statuesque arm extension that frames the end of the program. Some of her more impressive elements include the triple lutz/ toe and triple axel in an 8 triple program, a fantastic Ina Bauer, and the beautiful arcing arabesque near the end of the program. I just started listening to Korean pop music recently and I have grown to enjoy the use of musical montage and Young's juxtaposition of a variety of musical cuts reminds me of how Korean music often combines singing and rap elements or ballads that build to more upbeat sections or dance mixed with classical and retro styles. To me, the contrasting juxtaposition adds to the dynamic range of her performance. I may be wrong but on Wikipedia I saw that Young You only has one Grand Prix assignment at Skate Canada. I hope she is able to skate more internationally this season. She deserves it after giving such a marvelous performance.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I was so impressed with Young You's performance in the long program at the US International Skating Classic. She combines grace of movement with very good musicality especially with the shoulder shakes in the upbeat salsa section and smooth edges through some intricate transitions. She also has fine skating skills with nice speed, and refined artistry demonstrated most evidently in her beautifully expressive arms and her ability to sense the right amount of time to hold each pose and extension instead of rushing them. For example, there is a lot of aesthetic appeal in how she holds her lovely layback spin in anticipation of the picturesque Biellmann that follows and there is her statuesque arm extension that frames the end of the program. Some of her more impressive elements include the triple lutz/ toe and triple axel in an 8 triple program, a fantastic Ina Bauer, and the beautiful arcing arabesque near the end of the program. I just started listening to Korean pop music recently and I have grown to enjoy the use of musical montage and Young's juxtaposition of a variety of musical cuts reminds me of how Korean music often combines singing and rap elements or ballads that build to more upbeat sections or dance mixed with classical and retro styles. To me, the contrasting juxtaposition adds to the dynamic range of her performance. I may be wrong but on Wikipedia I saw that Young You only has one Grand Prix assignment at Skate Canada. I hope she is able to skate more internationally this season. She deserves it after giving such a marvelous performance.

I had the chance to see her skate live at Lombardia a couple of weeks ago, never heard of her before, I was completely amazed by her.
It’s such a rare thing today to see a young skater able to own the character she’s interpreting till the end of the performance! Not to mention her technique and grace!
She has a bright future ahead!

randomfan

Record Breaker
YOUNG JUST SKATED A PHENOMENAL SP AT SKATE CANADA AND THIS THREAD IS STILL QUIET?!?! :yay: I’m so happy to see that she proved herself so well here. Hoping for a great free as well!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
YOUNG JUST SKATED A PHENOMENAL SP AT SKATE CANADA AND THIS THREAD IS STILL QUIET?!?! :yay: I’m so happy to see that she proved herself so well here. Hoping for a great free as well!

You're right. I must admit that she never impressed me in JGP but today she was marvellous. :agree: