Young You | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Young You

Hailey Shin

Medalist
KSU planned to support her a lot. They announced that they will ensure her the place to train, medical teams, and financial support. Also they are planning to send her international novice competitions if she wants.

And she also contacted with Allthatsports, which is Yuna`s agency and decided to sign the 3 yrs contract with the agency, as today`s news release said. Good for her!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...-star-recalls-her-singapore-roots?xtor=CS3-17
also a mini clip of her saying hi and talking about missing her friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRw17qPrBF4

The Strait Times recently posted about Young!

Here's some of the bits that I found interesting
The ice-skating community in Singapore has been abuzz with excitement over Young's achievements, with many telling this reporter that they are proud of their former rink-mate.

Ms Melinda Ang, 24, an administrative assistant, said Young was like everyone's little sister on the rink but, despite her young age, she was always trying to learn new and difficult moves.

Student Rekha Chattopadhyay, 19, added: "She was very disciplined, and mature for her age."

Mr J.P. Tanchico, 30, who used to coach Young at Kallang Ice World, described her as a cheerful, enthusiastic and fearless little girl who "loves what she is doing and doesn't give up".

Another former coach, Mr Raymond Cheah, 62, said she was a budding genius who mastered the axel jump - the most difficult single jump in figure skating - in just two weeks.

Asked what keeps her going when the going gets tough, she replied: "It's my dream to become like Kim Yuna and I know I have to work hard to achieve the dream."

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Ms Lee said her daughter destresses by playing the piano and reading up on the latest make-up and manicure trends.
:laugh:
thanks for the article!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. From what I've read and seen of young, it seems like she has a particularly strong mentality. I just have a good feeling about her as a competitor. Wishing her the best!

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Young will participate Cup of Tyrol, 9th-13th March, in Innsbruck, Austria as Ad.Novice girls. Go Young :cool:

andyjo24

Medalist
OMG YY started to do tano in her jumps too... She did 3 times in one FS...

I love YY. I love how she always challenges herself.

Even her step sequence improved compared to Nationals! I absolutely loved that part where she did the head shaking in front of the judges. That was just so cute and confident! :love: She doesn't give the judges room to lower her presentation mark. :agree:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Even her step sequence improved compared to Nationals! I absolutely loved that part where she did the head shaking in front of the judges. That was just so cute and confident! :love: She doesn't give the judges room to lower her presentation mark. :agree:

my feeling about this, I mean YY do 3 times tano is that, heh Judges, so you give high GOEs and PCSs because tano arms. I can do that as well, PLUS correct true lutz edge. :biggrin: PLUS my arms are extended:p

let us wait and see how judges will award YY comparing ;);) skaters in the future.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not a fan of the tano-ing but I do like her arm position. So much better than the bent-elbowed ones that are commonly seen.

Plumededragon

Medalist

She's getting better and better, I enjoy seeing that. A pity for the mistakes in the FP, but that's ok, it didn't trouble her performance. I also like how she does the Tano, but I hope she won't overuse t like Evgenia. As much as I love Tano jumps, too many of them can become quite distracting. But Young is still very, well, young, lol. She might as well try Tano and see how it works for her. :)

MiRé

Match Penalty
I just read an article and it said that Young You had 6 stitches on her left knee just one week before Cup of Tyrol :unsure: I hope she didn't injure herself even more.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'd have been VERY surprised if she wasn't in the cast. I'm happy, she can really benefit from it.
I wonder what EX she'll do. Or if she'll present her new SP. She said on IG that she wasn't used to it yet, but that will come. 😌

I just don't want her to get burned out. Really while this is experience, it is a very different experience than skating on the JGP. It could be interested to see how she transitions back to smaller audiences and different setting. Really it could feel a bit clinical and a step back for her, which is something that not a lot of skaters have to face at this level.