Young You | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Young You

maea14

On the Ice
I love YY. I love how she always challenges herself.

Even her step sequence improved compared to Nationals! I absolutely loved that part where she did the head shaking in front of the judges. That was just so cute and confident! :love: She doesn't give the judges room to lower her presentation mark. :agree:

I was lurking for a little while here. and I decided to create an account to interact with you guys. in Cup of Tyrol, Young You has enough points to bag a bronze medal in the senior level. which is totally awesome.. but she was too young :biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm so glad to see her in the ATS show this summer! It'll be a great experience for her and the other youngsters to skate with some world-class skaters.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I was lurking for a little while here. and I decided to create an account to interact with you guys. in Cup of Tyrol, Young You has enough points to bag a bronze medal in the senior level. which is totally awesome.. but she was too young :biggrin:
Welcome! :) I'm looking foward to seeing which competitions she will do this year. Since she won't start JPG circuit before the Olympics season, I suppose she'll do quite a number of minor competitions. I'm almost sure she'll go to Asian Open Figure Skating again.

maea14

On the Ice
www.instagram.com/p/BEwzFOShMBl/

she was awarded as promising female athlete.. to count the awards/recognition she's been receiving right now that's the third one for 2016.. she's not even eligible for JPG circuit yet.. I feel like korea is putting so much pressure to her with all these awards.. 😱

I hope she'll continue to hone her talent 😘

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She's crazy good for someone who's so young (pun intended, huh). Her ease, effortless speed and jumps, overall proficiency are mind-boggling. Definitely the one to keep an eye on.

Last edited:

maea14

On the Ice
ashley wagner says she saw a video of you young skating and she was grateful that she (you young) was too young to compete in the next olympics 😂

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm usually so over puttin on the Ritz, but she is such a great performer, amazing movement down to her fingertips. She's the best dancer of the three youngsters, imo. I really enjoyed that.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I'm usually so over puttin on the Ritz, but she is such a great performer, amazing movement down to her fingertips. She's the best dancer of the three youngsters, imo. I really enjoyed that.

I agree, YY seems has the best and the most complete innate artistic talent among the 3 cuties. Although she is the shortest at the moment.
squirtle (this is official:biggrin: check out her instagram, she seems aware that she was referred as squirtle by fans and was very happy about her squirtle gift from fans) has loooooong legs and obvious very outing going with a showy personality, but I hope to see more control and classic dance training in her movement.
I actually quite like Sohyun's ex (do not like squirtle's not much real choreo), but her performance is very subdued and feels like goes in and out her performance.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I agree, YY seems has the best and the most complete innate artistic talent among the 3 cuties. Although she is the shortest at the moment.
squirtle (this is official:biggrin: check out her instagram, she seems aware that she was referred as squirtle by fans and was very happy about her squirtle gift from fans) has loooooong legs and obvious very outing going with a showy personality, but I hope to see more control and classic dance training in her movement.
I actually quite like Sohyun's ex (do not like squirtle's not much real choreo), but her performance is very subdued and feels like goes in and out her performance.

Yep. eunsoo may naturally have more personality in her skating than, say, dabin, but definitely work on extension and learning to "dance" (ballet training, as you said), and also, better choreo! It's rather empty, with some poses thrown in here and there. She's young and capable of learning and doing more.
Sohyun needs to be more confident, she really has some good qualities, but is lacking more attack. I feel like the future is going to be the young trio. Young has great body movement and insane transitions; eunsoo has big, clean jumps(find her a different coach- you know I'm not a fan of chi :p), and yelim has insane content(3lz-3lo-2lo, 3lz-3t in the 2nd half, tanos/rippons galore). These youngsters are hungry and armed with solid jumps.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
who did eunsoo's choreo, I hope she will not be stereo typed as a showy type this early, try something lyrical for a change perhaps. She is a great talent. i also wish she could change a coach perhaps. "She's young and capable of learning and doing more." I quote you. Yes! every show every performance is a precious chance to learn, should not to wasted, maybe should try more ambitious choreo.
the choreographer of this ATS show (the korean girl) is mediocre...
I guess I am just too used to the previous ATS show qualities.....

s_parks

Record Breaker
who did eunsoo's choreo, I hope she will not be stereo typed as a showy type this early, try something lyrical for a change perhaps. She is a great talent. i also wish she could change a coach perhaps. "She's young and capable of learning and doing more." I quote you. Yes! every show every performance is a precious chance to learn, should not to wasted, maybe should try more ambitious choreo.
I guess I am just too used to the previous ATS show qualities.....
Yeah, eun soo with her youth and jumping talent needs a new/better team. Going a bit off tangent, but jun hwan is the epitome of well packaged amongst the korean skaters- great costumes, programs. He uses kenji miyamoto and cindy stuart as his main choreographers, and both have done choreo for a number of other korean skaters as well. Young and yelim would benefit from better choreographers too, of course. Buttle, lambiel, and Dickson are also good...
Too bad about the lower quality choreo for ATS this year, but david must be insanely busy from may-onwards doing numerous competition programs (tessa and scott, the chinese pairs(sigh), a number of singles skaters, and who knows how many others...).

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i googled the song cheer up and the band twice due to ATS use it, I love it, it is kinda addictive. I love the little silly choreo move (the hip and wrist twirling ) they do in the song and in ATS ice show:biggrin:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yeah, eun soo with her youth and jumping talent needs a new/better team. Going a bit off tangent, but jun hwan is the epitome of well packaged amongst the korean skaters- great costumes, programs. He uses kenji miyamoto and cindy stuart as his main choreographers, and both have done choreo for a number of other korean skaters as well. Young and yelim would benefit from better choreographers too, of course. Buttle, lambiel, and Dickson are also good...
Too bad about the lower quality choreo for ATS this year, but david must be insanely busy from may-onwards doing numerous competition programs (tessa and scott, the chinese pairs(sigh), a number of singles skaters, and who knows how many others...).

I thought of Junhwan as the opposite example, while I was writing my last post, you read my mind:biggrin:

maea14

On the Ice
this time is a running 3 entry tano flip though. before it was a TANO LUTZ with correct edge!.

I like the last lay-back spin from YY, crazy entry plus there seems a speed up and so centered.

well maybe she's avoiding a fall since it's for a show :drama::cool:

gourry

Final Flight

I haven't watched this show's group numbers so I can't really comment on that, but this choreographer is the one who choreographed Young's Bollywood program. So.... it's not like she doesn't have something in her. Maybe this choreographer was one of the ones who Yuna wanted to give some chances and experiences as well as the young skaters. :) Let's see if she can blossom into a great choreographer! With the growing number of young talented skaters who can't all afford foreign choreographers, it's about time for Korea to have some decent domestic choreographers.

sergmaslo

Spectator
I haven't watched this show's group numbers so I can't really comment on that, but this choreographer is the one who choreographed Young's Bollywood program. So.... it's not like she doesn't have something in her. Maybe this choreographer was one of the ones who Yuna wanted to give some chances and experiences as well as the young skaters. :) Let's see if she can blossom into a great choreographer! With the growing number of young talented skaters who can't all afford foreign choreographers, it's about time for Korea to have some decent domestic choreographers.

I agree. Also Shin Yea-Ji is choreographer of Jun-Hwan's "Moonlight sonata". I think, this is best his short program.

Many skaters had never skated together before this show. Also there were many very young skaters. I don't think that foreign choreographers would have done much better.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

I used the world mediocre, which I pondered upon for a while, fearing whatever critical words may hurt fans feeling. I didnot mean to abate this choreographer's work at all. As you all know, I support the decision that Yuna give the opportunities to Korean choreographers and youngsters to hone their skills on bigger stage. I really admire that idea.
But in my opinion this ATS ice show choreo-wise really is not on par with previous ice shows.
Specifically in terms of choreos, I can see they got quite a lot of ideas from world-renowned choreographers. but the composition, theme, coherence etc. are not there yet (just some of my opinion).
I just wish Korean choreographers could continuing improving. Eventually, if Korean choreographers can has their own identity, that really would be great.
famous choreographers are famous and expensive for a reason. and even the most prestigious choreographers are learning and get inspirations from everywhere all the time.