Young You | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Young You

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I agree. Also Shin Yea-Ji is choreographer of Jun-Hwan's "Moonlight sonata". I think, this is best his short program.

Many skaters had never skated together before this show. Also there were many very young skaters. I don't think that foreign choreographers would have done much better.

whether foreign choreographers will done a better job or not, concerning young, inexperienced skaters, we will never know.
but I do think that using korean choreographers, there will be no language barriers, and maybe easier to communicate with, which could be helpful.
The biggest draw of ATS show is its highest quality and Yuna(herself is the epitope of quality), whether using foreign choreographers or korean choreographers are not important, as long as the show is good.
Why Yuna gained so many internationally fans (not only Korean fans), essentially is because her skating is really great.

I cannot recall CJH's "moonlight sonata", maybe I haven't watch it yet. can you provide a link. Thanks

sergmaslo

Spectator
whether foreign choreographers will done a better job or not, concerning young, inexperienced skaters, we will never know.
but I do think that using korean choreographers, there will be no language barriers, and maybe easier to communicate with, which could be helpful.
The biggest draw of ATS show is its highest quality and Yuna(herself is the epitope of quality), whether using foreign choreographers or korean choreographers are not important, as long as the show is good.
Why Yuna gained so many internationally fans (not only Korean fans), essentially is because her skating is really great.

I cannot recall CJH's "moonlight sonata", maybe I haven't watch it yet. can you provide a link. Thanks

In my opinion, the group numbers are needed for the introduction of the participants only. Of course, the organization of the event in 2016 was more modest than during Yuna's performances. But all performances were very good - and It is most important for show.
Also I think that the main goal of the organizers of this show was to create a homely atmosphere. And thats why the theme of "Dream" was chosen.

Jun-hwan's SP in 2013/2014 season: https://youtu.be/---hHCSBnSs?list=PLeQ6NZoAfmMhpPFhWpT1_ZKP647ftYr8i

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist

She(Choreographer Yeaji Shin) was also Young`s FS choreographer last season! (which gave Young National title ;) )

Young said that she only going to change her SP for next season, and she`ll get that from her again.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Is Young still practising many many hours a day? I've been a bit worried about her since I heard that.

maea14

On the Ice
heard what? well she did say in her insta that she will practice for her new SP and in the interview she was talking about practicing her jumps and spins..

so are we finally going to see her new SP in the upcoming Asian Open Trophy in august?

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
heard what? well she did say in her insta that she will practice for her new SP and in the interview she was talking about practicing her jumps and spins..

so are we finally going to see her new SP in the upcoming Asian Open Trophy in august?

She was training six hours a day, according to this article.

maea14

On the Ice
i'm just wondering if she's going to participate in upcoming asian open figure skating trophy.. can't wait to see her new sp

seabm7

Final Flight
i'm just wondering if she's going to participate in upcoming asian open figure skating trophy.. can't wait to see her new sp

There is a important national competition at the same time. I'm not sure which competition she will choose. We'll see.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
There is a important national competition at the same time. I'm not sure which competition she will choose. We'll see.

I don`t know which comp you mean.
There`s JGP qualification event a week before Asian trophy, and it sure is very important. But Young cannot and do not have to compete at that event. That is only for skaters whos eligible for ISU junior.

Maybe you are talking about Kyobo Ggumnamu(under13) event which will held at August 5th? But it`s not that important event as I know.. I think it`s more rational to participate Asian trophy rather than that for Young herself...;)

maea14

On the Ice
There`s JGP qualification event a week before Asian trophy, and it sure is very important. But Young cannot and do not have to compete at that event. That is only for skaters whos eligible for ISU junior.

Maybe you are talking about Kyobo Ggumnamu(under13) event which will held at August 5th? But it`s not that important event as I know.. I think it`s more rational to participate Asian trophy rather than that for Young herself...;)

i think so too.. young should just go to asian open for her to be exposed more and for her to compete and meet with other figure skater from different country.. and maybe learn some from the competition too ;)

seabm7

Final Flight

You're right! I got confused and thought that Young would be qualified for JGP this year.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
2016-2017 New Program
SP : Paso Doble
FS : Black Swan (Soundtrack)

Ooh, can't wait to see her skate. Not the most original choice in music, of course, but she's such a great performer it'll be interesting to see how she presents them all the same.

maea14

On the Ice
I read that article too and just when I thought she wouldn't change her fs..hopefully she can execute it well :luv17:

gourry

Final Flight
Thanks for the info!
I am under the impression that Young likes pretty hair pieces and makeup, so maybe she'll go full force for Black Swan from head to toe! :biggrin:
I really liked her Bollywood program, but Young is young and it's good idea to explore various music genres and test her. Yay for Paso Doble and Black Swan! Very excited. :D