Young You | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Young You

maea14

On the Ice
is Shin Yea Jia big fan of Evgeni Plushenko? I just noticed that Young's sp song choice is somewhat similar Plushenko's sp song.. I was looking for a pasa doble sp and found a Plushenko version on it on youtube and I somewhat stumble into another video of Plushenko's version of hava nagila.. ;)

Last edited:

IQYunA

Rinkside
Young You
Asian Trophy Advanced Novice Girls SP 46.03 =28.63 + 17.40

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Young You
Asian Trophy Advanced Novice Girls SP 46.03 =28.63 + 17.40
According to twitter, she was clean :luv17:, all her jumps were in second half and she did 3TanoLz-2RipponT, 3TanoS and 2A. I'm not a fan of "over tano-ing", but I'll need to see the video first (HOPEFULLY we'll have one). Maybe this style of jumps do look good with her program.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Our little girl won the event! :luv17: She scored 91.10 for her FS (TES: 48.30 PCS: 42.30) for a total of 137.13, much better than last year (didn't she score like 114 or something in total, in 2015?).

While she was clean, she still had quite a number of errors, with 3 UR (2A< on her 2A+3T combo, on her 3F and her 3Lo) and no clear edge on her 3F. At least, she still didn't fall and still won the competition with an almost 12-point gap. And there are a lot of room for progress and polishing her program. But as this is only August, it's still a long shot before Nationals, so she has time to work on the mistakes made.
I wonder what her next competition will be, tho.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeah, she as well as yun kyung need to clean up the URs, but a promising start to the season. Can't wait for a video to surface!

maea14

On the Ice
Our little girl won the event! :luv17: She scored 91.10 for her FS (TES: 48.30 PCS: 42.30) for a total of 137.13, much better than last year (didn't she score like 114 or something in total, in 2015?).

While she was clean, she still had quite a number of errors, with 3 UR (2A< on her 2A+3T combo, on her 3F and her 3Lo) and no clear edge on her 3F. At least, she still didn't fall and still won the competition with an almost 12-point gap. And there are a lot of room for progress and polishing her program. But as this is only August, it's still a long shot before Nationals, so she has time to work on the mistakes made.
I wonder what her next competition will be, tho.

do you think she will modify her sp or just leave it like that?

gourry

Final Flight
I watched her SP video and only first 2 minutes of LP video(the link from Asian Trophy thread somehow stops at 2 min mark I don't know why). While I like what I watched so far, she did all triple jumps with tano-arm. I hope it's not the case in the rest of the LP. Not a fan. :( Really not. Was not a fan when Medvedeva did it, am not a fan when Young does it, won't be a fan even if it's my all time favorite Yuna doing it. I wish Young would focus more on quality of jumps such as hight, distance and good landing flow. Her jumps are not exactly outstanding in those regards. Same with transitions and choreography. It's nice to see she's doing bunch of them, but at times they look rushed and it would be nicer if she refines and holds some of them just a bit better.

I just realized that I'm nitpicking a novice girl. :laugh: She's just so great that I sometimes forget she's a novice.
But really, so much talent! She is really impressive. Very excited to see how she develops in the future. Kudos! :)

Last edited:

maea14

On the Ice
this is only the first competition of the season.. she'll definitely improve from time to time :agree:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Young! Hope she can solve her carrot issues before the next competition.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Thanks to the link provided by Ployliesk8 on the AOFST thread, we now have a much better version of her SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lkLwDgH7bg

The first thing I said when the video starts was "WOW! She looks gorgeous! :love:" and she really does, the costume and make-up are both on point! The SP itself, I really like it. It needs, of course, polishing, but so far so good. Regarding the Tano jumps, I think it goes well with the music and theme, actually. I'm normally not a fan of putting many of those jumps, but it works for me for this program. :)

maea14

On the Ice
She is just too amazing. What a pity she's too young for next Olympic.

that's okay.. if she's age eligible and in the fresh age of 15 just imagine the pressure her country will be putting on her .

but hey I can't really wait for the next season when she'll debut as a junior even though this season is just starting :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
that's okay.. if she's age eligible and in the fresh age of 15 just imagine the pressure her country will be putting on her .
but hey I can't really wait for the next season when she'll debut as a junior even though this season is just starting :biggrin:
Maybe you're right. She will be like 18 for Beijing won't she? Maybe the right age and the right time.

maea14

On the Ice
seeing all these junior skaters competing in JGP uh how I wish it's the next season now so Young would be age eligible.. but anyway there's still the national so :cool: