Eun-Soo Lim | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I’m really excited to see what her programs will be for the next season. Would like to see her unveil them during ATS, but I’m not sure if she got choreography or not.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Everybody squirtle's live on instagram and she's lovely as ever go watch

Edit: Damn seems like I missed like 80%... will post when a kind soul uploads a recording

Edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZYDu0CsXWc Found the kind soul, if needed I can translate

pandatours

On the Ice
Does anyone know when Eunsoo will return to Irvine? I’m honestly not sure if RAF is still her coach after everything that happened at Worlds. Her agency’s statement made it seem as if she was halfway out the door.

I am not looking to rehash or debate what happened, just curious as to whether anyone believes she will be back or not. I think Raf has helped her a bit but if she moved on I would support her

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Maman's knees are acting up so this is going to be interrupted, if there's a tbc at the bottom it means I'll be adding more stuff later. TN are translator's notes, I tried to keep squirtle's and Soyoun's original wording as much as possible.

(Squirtle looks into the camera)
Eunsoo (afterwards E): I turned the AC on (giggle) Yes, I moved to the room with the AC, it's soo hot
(Kim Nahyun, another Korean figure skater, left a comment)
E: Aww Nahyun (TN: She says 나현 언니, 언니 means 'older sister' and is the term for a girl to call another girl older than herself (provided you are close enough).), right, we didn't get to see each other, goodness, we should've.
E: Soyoun (TN: Again, she says 소연 언니, and she uses it throughout)!
Soyoun (afterwards S): Huh?
E: Come here (TN: She says this in English)
E: What's this, I can hear my voice coming from there (TN: Where Soyoun is)? (laugh) Ah Soyoun, don't watch (TN: The live) from there, com'ere.
(Squirtle's "Com'ere" echoes, Soyoun laughs)
E: Why are you commenting (giggle)
S: Hwaa (pops in front of the camera then disappears)
E: (stares at Soyoun) My goodness
(Squirtle's "Why are you commenting" echoes in the background)
E: Let me see the comments too. Sound, turn off the sound (TN: Soyoun's phone is still displaying the live), will you?
(Squirtle's dog, Bulpak (TN: it's 불빡 in Korean, double consonants aren't romanized well so I'm going with an approximation) comes on screen)
E: (giggle) Oh my goodness, Bulpak, (more giggles) he just made an appearance
(Soyoun eeks, she's afraid of dogs)
E: Just don't touch him, he won't bite unless you touch him
S: (half giggling, half whimpering)
E: Made me nervous (TN: the interaction between Soyoun and Bulpak)
E: Want me to charge [your phone]?
S: Is there a charger?
(Charger makes an appearance)
E: Won't the cold air get out if we open the door? (TN: She's thinking of sending the dog out)
S: (moves away from the panting dog)
E: Come here, Bulpak (clicks her tongue)
(Bulpak moves in Soyoun's direction, Soyoun eeks)
E: Nah, it's okay, just don't touch him.
S: He just showed his teeth to me right now, (bares her teeth) did this!
E: (goes over laughing) He did what?
E: This is so funny
S: (laugh) Look, (scrolls) where is it
E: The cold wind's all gone now- (looks at comments) The cold wind's all gone now, you know?
S: It's cool here
E: Today it was too- (points to the door) Look (about 5 times)
S: (laughs)
E: A bit, just a bit, then
S: Nah, he'll go again.
(door closes)
E: Thank you (TN: in English) I'll charge this for you
S: Sure, thanks
E: (mimics) Sure, thanks
S: (sits down again) Oof
E: Oh, sorry (hums 7 Rings, reading comments) Suddenly rock?
S: Suddenly rock?
(reading comments)
E: Other people can't see it, now I get it.
S: See what?
E: This, other people can't see who entered the live
S: Yeah.
E: Then, (moves towards camera) I'll see it like this
S: Huh? What did you do?
E: Just, this (TN: An instagram live thing? I'm not sure)
S: Wait, oh, you can't?
E: Not with this.
S: Oh (TN: I have no idea what they were trying to do)
E: (reads a comment) Do each other's choreo moments.
S: Choreo moments, hmm
E: Didn't you do this? (shakes her arms)
S: What?
E: This, y'know (does it again)
S: Spiral?
E: With your legs up, like
S: So it's Spiral, this (does choreo)
E: Yeah. That's a great choreo moment, should've been used. (Soyoun giggles) What else?
S: Eunsoo's... (finger choreo)
E: (stares, then checks Bulpak) If you open the door he's like (TN: comes in, methinks)
E: Ugh, it's backwards (readjusts her shorts, moves)
S: You're purple all over.
E: (to Bulpak) Get out, get out you. (sigh) He gets annoying (comes back) Excuse me, my pillow please (TN: this is done in a really cute fake posh tone)
(reads comments)
S: Ugh, I so got to release my hair, give me a second (moves)
E: Wah (TN: excuse me I died from too much cuteness) Why isn't this working?
S: (does something) Better now?
E: I think so. Yup. (looks at comments) No questions. (reads one) No, he wasn't kicked out, he was itching to go out.
E: (to Soyoun) You're loosening your hair a bit?
S: Uh-huh. My scalp hurts.
E: (reads a comment) I'm into lilac these days.
(Bulpak barks, Soyoun grunts)
E: (looks at Soyoun) OMG, did I just hear a sound of a bone breaking?
E: Hi (a name of some sorts, I can't make it out), I'm tired
E: (to Soyoun) What are you doing in that mess
(Soyoun laughs)
E: Soyoun currently looks like (mimes pulling her hair out)
S: My hair won't get untangled :sad46: This needs to be cut out with scissors, what can I do
E: (reads a comment) Soyoun, what did you save my number as?
S: Huh?
E: What kind of name did you use for my number?
S: Squirtle.
E: I see. (Soyoun laughs) (reads a comment) I cannot never, ever do aegyo (TN: so... it's originally a word in Korean that means 'a cute or lovely behavior', but its most common usage is to refer to a 'cute', usually babyish action e.g. talking in a baby voice. Squirtle is really firm here :laugh:)
E: (to Soyoun) You can do some.
S: I can?
E: Uh-huh.
S: Is that so? (TN: she's started already) Hontoni? (TN: Japanese for 'really')
E: :)rolleye:, nods)
S: Re-al-ly?
E: Real-ly. (TN: time to die again from too much cuteness)
(giggles)
E: I'm... okay with both loose hair and tied-up hair, but, like... It's a bit better when it's tied up. Usually. But, a professional did do my hair today, so I'm letting it down today. (Soyoun in the back is finally finished with her hair)
E: Oh my goodness, what's with that hair?! It's scary (laugh), scary.
E: (reads a comment) Dying my hair? The thing is, when you're on the rink, if your hair is too light-colored or if parts are in a different color, it... doesn't look tidy, and... How do you say it? Root-dying is too bothersome. So, no plans for now. Besides, I've already tried some colors that I wanted to try, so.
E: This is Soyoun's phone, I'm using it to read the comments, mine is too far away.
E: (replying to a comment) I look better with my hair knotted high up. At least I think so. (laugh) The presence of Bulpak
S: Why?
E: Because he's loud. (points at the door) It's a problem, really, he's always too loud.
E: My nails... are too peeled off to show off, but still (shows her lilac nails) "Nails are lilac too," mm. A bob? Wonder if that could happen in this lifetime. (TN: :rofl:)
E: (to Soyoun) Someone said you pant a lot.
(fit of giggles)
E: They can hear your panting. And another question came in, that we're sleeping late, but today we finished the show (TN: ATS), so we have tomorrow off. It's okay. It's at times like this you go to bed late. Why the bangs? Because, during the season, bangs are difficult to style, so now's the time to do it.
E: Japanese? Hontoni (giggles)
E: Why am I so causal with Soyoun? (TN: :palmf: What kind of person asks that, really, that's just being rude) Uh... Just because? Like, we knew each other since we were little, so that's why.
E: Yeah, it's Sunday now. (Soyoun is still grunting) While I'm getting dance lessons, I'll try my best to show you all what I've been learning.
S: Uaaargh
E: Oh my, oh my.
S: (comes back on screen) I got the hair off.
E: Foreign skaters that I'm close with? Hmm... dunno, there are some but (TN: ... She didn't look comfortable saying that)
S: I look terrible.
E: Stop saying that, you look good and you know it.
E: (laugh) Somebody said you grunt (giggles, then pretty posing time)
S: Would you like to see my hair extension?
E: My back flexibility? My legs are stiff, I rely on my back. (TN: back flexibility, a trait a lot of Korean skaters seem to have inherited from the Queen :laugh:)
S: Ugh, my scalp aches real bad.
E: (reads a comment) Yeah, right, why do you say such things when you're pretty.
S: It's because you're too pretty, it makes me feel inadequate. (TN: fair point, Soyoun, but you are beautiful in your own right) Okay!
E: Huh? Ah, that?
S: Ta-dah (hair extension comes on screen) I thinned out my hair to not be bothered by it during jumps. It's really long, right?
(Squirtle hums Say Something)
S: Yes, removal accomplished.
E: It's scary, you know.
S: (laugh)
E: A clump of hair is splayed out here.
E: I got this as a present (holds up Anna pillow) When I was really young, I got it as a present at a competition.
S: Yes, it looks really natural, doesn't it.
E: Somebody asked about our favourite movies. What's yours? Hmm... (sneeze)
(giggles)
S: Bless you (TN: in English)
E: Thank you (TN: in adorable English)
E: Bulpak keeps asking us to play with him (laughs) He could be punishing us, what is up with him today?
S: Yes, it's dyed, in a brighter color.
E: [Somebody said] Bulpak's going to talk soon (giggles) Maybe that will happen.
S: What's he going to say (giggles)
E: "Making his presence known." You know, it's late, we never knew you all would keep on watching up this late on.
E: You're communicating in various languages across the globe. (laugh) Bulpak's going to have fans soon. Really, what is up with him?
E: No, he's not TV bad. (TN: There's this show, a professional dog trainer visits people with dogs with behavioral issues and helps them, she's talking about it)
E: "I have so many reports to write but I don't want to do any of them", if you can procrastinate, you're supposed to procrastinate (giggles) I'm not the type to do so though.
S: We're on totally different topics right now (laugh)
E: What were you talking about?
S: I was wondering why Bulpak was barking :laugh:
E: Yes, these shorts, I posted them on instagram. "Korean, English, Japanese, Bulpak-ish"
(fits of laughter)
E: What a dog you are, Bulpak.
S: Large eyes
E: My watch! It's pretty, isn't it? It's one of my favourites.
S: To be honest, when I first got the program, I was in a panic.
E: Why? Which one?
S: 7 Rings. (TN: her new gala)
E: Mm-hm. Oh look, Kim Yelim is here again. Yelim?
S: Really, it was so difficult. And I'm stiff with my body on certain points.
E: Eh? (humming 7 Rings) Apparently you met everyone.
S: I did what?
E: With fans, going around the rink
S: Ah, yes, yes. It used to be triangular (TN: the seating), but this time it was square-shaped, so
E: Next season... I'm not sure yet. (TN: oh darling...)
S: Really, I did the program through sheer practice, I'm terrible with making waves and such.
E: Why am I into lilac all of a sudden? To explain... I went to NewBalance, picked up the lilac padding, and it fit me better than I expected, and so... I thought that I had a warm skin tone, but there's a bit of summer cool too, so I tried this and that, and it turns out that lavender fits me, so (TN: Darling you are a total summer cool, seriously, just look at how your lovely SP dress fit you) And that is why.
S: Which one is better, the pink glasses or the heart glasses?
S: Right, you know what? Today I was rushing to go inside, without blade guards, and I nicked myself on the thigh. Look.
E: What's with the cute-shaped cut?
E: Somebody asked if you have a favourite color.
S: Me? I like lavender too, and mint. I like mint blue. And... black, white...
E: That's a lot, All colors in the rainbow might come up at this point.
S: The heart glasses? I got it when I was on the trip to Busan, there was this accessory shop and I bought it from there.

To be continued in a second post, any longer than this and this will be the Great Wall in length

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(continued)

S: No, it's not a injury or anything, I just nicked myself hurrying inside without the blade guards and got a tiny scratch.
E: Mint chocolate is a huge no for me.
S: I love mint chocolate. (reads comment) Yes, really, when I first met her she was a tiny thing, and now I have to look up to her. She grew so tall.
E: Mint chocolate is the worst! (TN: thrice I die from too much cuteness) But each to their own.
S: Busan has a limited number of places to go. Hmm, mint chocolate or cherry jubilee?
E: I hate both.
S: Mint chocolate. Oh, I've been to Seomyeon. (TN: It's a place in Busan)
E: Busan?
S: Yeah. Behind-the-scenes from the ice show?
E: Black sorbet? (TN: I think it's a new flavour at Baskin&Robbins) Huh? Oh. The sparkly pants for Sing, Sing, Sing, it reeally hurts. Here, ugh it's not shown well on screen, here, see? It hurt a lot. All chafed from the pants.
S: You don't know it during the show though.
E: What flavour do I like at B&R? I love B&R, first the dalgona (TN: It's the name of a type of candy here made with brown sugar and baking powder, kinda tastes like brittle toffee), and- what was it? The new one... Oh, the zoripong (TN: A brand of cookies sold here, it's one of the 'oldie snacks'.) one was tasty! When I go to Baskin&Robbins, I tend to have the flavours you can only have at Baskin&Robbins. Something like vanilla is, like, still tasty at, say, Haagendazs. (to Soyoun) Why are you avoiding the camera, you have to be on screen, show your face.
S: Nah.
E: Ah, the new one, black sorbet? They say it makes your teeth turn black. Flavours like New York Cheesecake, Gone With the Wind, like, the sort with nuts or fruit inside of them? They're not to my taste.
S: (something incomprehensible)
E: C'mon, show yourself! (after a while) It's nice and cool when you stay here. Oh my, she suddenly got up and started making breaking sounds. I like green tea, you?
S: I like it.
E: Green tea is nice. (Soyoun is not quite singing Let It Go) No makeup live later? (Soyoun also chimes in) No. That's a big no.
S: I was going to say something, but I forgot what it was. What was it? I was going to say something after Let It Go... I forgot.
E: Oh, it seems there's a football match today.
S: Really?
E: Yeah. What football is it?
S: What football? (laugh)
E: I mean, what kind of competition?
S: Something with our athletes competing?
E: Is it a national match, or
S: Probably with a foreign team. (looks at comments) I like bubble tea.
E: Bubble tea is good. The original shake is good, and so are the strawberry and the Cookies'n'Creme. "Does anybody see you without makeup?" I go about without makeup quite often. Korea vs. Senegal, oh. It's Round of 8!
S: Wait, isn't Round of 4 the last match?
E: Four-wait, no it isn't.
S: It isn't?
E: Round of- That's semifinals then finals, isn't it?
S: Isn't Round of 4 the final?
E: She knows nothing about football.
S: Teach me, please.
E: I just know... Son Heungmin and Lee Seungwoo.
S: Oh... Wait, it's already 1!
E: We'll end this after 5-10 minutes. (to Soyoun) They tell us Round of 2 is the final, and Round of 4 is the semifinal. That's a lot of matches.
S: Hmm?
E: This is Round of 8, so you go through that, then the Round of 4, then finals.
S: Oh, yeah. What kind of match is this? (after a moment) I have too much hair on my head.
E: It's all right.
S: (reads a comment) Oh my god, go to bed! Go to bed, don't be up for us.
E: Wow, if we get to semifinals it's the first in 36 years.
S: Whoa
E: Cheers! (reads comments) U-20 World Cup? They are all young athletes. (TN: :laugh2: Darling you're 16)
S: So it's an youth competition?
E: Ah, only athletes under 20 compete in this World Cup.
S: So it's kinda like the Youth Olympics?
E: I guess so? I think that's right.
S: No, I didn't get to see Aladdin :( (TN: The Will Smith one)
E: That is not so. (TN: I don't know what the question was)
S: This is embarrassing.
E: I'd like to learn boxing.
S: Boxing?
E: I wanted to for quite some time now.
E: Vlogging? Maybe later, if I get the chance. Pictures... Do you want me to post them? If you want I can. Favourite Japanese food?
S: Hmm...
E: Japan has good food in general.
S: Right. Dunno, Udon?
E: :eek: I really like Hayashi rice. See, (to Soyoun) I don't like curry and rice
S: I don't like it either.
E: I really don't like it, but Hayashi rice has this, like, creamy feel to it, and it's sweet too, so it's tasty.
S: Oh... But the thing is, I have too many foods I don't eat.
E: More than I do?
S: What kinds of food don't you eat?
E: Too many.
S: You eat raw beef, right?
E: I don't- Technically I do. But I don't like it.
S: I don't. No chicken feet,
E: I don't either.
S: No raw fish,
E: For me, chicken feet, pig feet, cow entrails, pig entrails, tripe, all nope.
S: Same here.
E: My mom once said, there's chicken breasts and chicken legs, why would anyone eat chicken feet.
S: Ugh
E: Same for cows, you have all those parts, why would anyone eat the organs. But the ones who enjoy them really enjoy them. (looks at a comment) Broccoli? I don't eat them. You? You eat them, right? You eat them a lot.
S: I don't eat them, I'm forced to eat them.
E: Right, your aunt always puts broccoli in everything. Huoguo (TN: Chinese hot pot)? Haven't tried it. I'm not the type to try new food. Mint chocolate? Nope, she does. Eggplants? Nope.
S: I hate eggplants.
E: Chunggookjang (TN: traditional Korean fermented bean paste)? That I do eat.
S: Eww. It smells like feet.
E: Malatang? (TN: Chinese spicy pot dish) Haven't tried it. (to Soyoun) Come on, feet? (reads another comment) Cow tongue? Never.
S: Ewwwwwwwww, I tried it you know?
E: I don't eat cucumbers.
S: Was it an youth competition? They said it was beef so I ate it without much thought, ugh
E: Favourite food? Ice cream!
S: Ice cream is the best.
E: I do eat live octopus.
S: I can't.
E: You can't? You do have a long list of foods you don't eat!
S: Yeah, I can't stand fishy food.
E: Pig soup (TN: A Korean soup made with pork and pig blood)? Never had it. (to Soyoun) What about marinated crabs?
S: No.
E: That's a lot! Beondegi (TN: Steamed silk lava pupae, it's a thing here in Korea)? Eek
S: I had some when I was little.
E: Really? I've never had any. For sweet fried pork, pouring or dipping (TN: When you deliver sweet fried pork the sauce comes in a separate dish, this is one of the greatest debates regarding food here :laugh:)? One, two, three, (with Soyoun) dipping!
E: Pork belly, I used to hate it, but now
S: I still don't, only the thin-slice ones are okay.
E: I used to be like that too, but now I prefer the usual thick pork belly.
S: Oh, really? The thick one makes my teeth ache.
E: Are you a grandma or something? (comments) Pizza or fried chicken?
S: Chicken, of course. I don't have pizza that much.
E: Chicken... I guess. Pork or beef? One, two, three, pork.
S: Beef-no, pork. Really, pork. Beef is tough.
E: Yeah, the sinews. Kimchi stew or bean paste stew (TN: it's 김치찌개 and 된장찌개, not exactly a stew but not quite soup either. Both stable 'home food' here.), one, two, three, (with Soyoun) Bean paste stew!
E: We go along quite well, don't we?
S: But to be fair, I don't often eat stew. (TN: again, it's 찌개.) But if I were to choose, then bean paste stew. I don't like wet food.
E: Cold noodles, plain or spicy (TN: again, it's one of the great food debates here). One, two, three, plain.
S: Wait, cold noodles?
E: I'm on plain.
S: It depends on the day for me.
E: There are a ton of these in the comments. Black noodles or red noodles (TN: 짜장면 and 짬뽕 respectively, the Great Chinese Food Debate), plain fried chicken or with sauce (TN: the Great Chicken Debate).
S: I prefer red noodles these days, you?
E: Usually black noodles.
S: I can't eat spicy food, but they compel me these days.
E: Yeopttuk or Shinjeon (TN: Both 떡볶이 brands, known for their spiciness)? I say Shinjeon.
S: Yeah, me too.
E: Horror or animation?
S: What's that? Oh, horror movies or animation movies?
E: Both aren't to my taste, but I'd rather watch an animation.
S: Hmm, horror would be slightly better.
E: Ooh, a difference. (pause) But you're really easily scared!
S: Wait, wait, I'm changing my answer.
E: We watched Gonjiam (TN: a Korean horror film) together, not voluntarily but we did, and I'm okay with horror movies but don't like them. They leave you uneasy. (to Soyoun) You quite like them, you just get really scared.
S: I watch the important bits with my eyes covered.
E: I read instagram DMs. (comment reading) Webtoons? I found that one fun, Tomorrow. It's on Naver, and it's good. Can't remember anything else.
S: Goddess descending (TN: also another webtoon)?
E: (shakes head) In Gonjiam, there's this, (hissing sounds)
S: What was it, room 301?
E: I can't remember details like the room number.
S: Yeah, whatever.
E: In the room, there's this one with huge pupils and stuff.
S: There's the shabashaba whatever, with real fast talking, and people said it was the shabushabu ghost.
E: Let's turn this off when it becomes 1:15. We'll do this just until 1:15.
(Squirtle hums)
S: Ugh, I have to get out of here.
E: Why?
S: My hair, it's in a terrible state.
E: State of what?
E: If you have any questions, ask it in 5 minutes. Describe Yuna in 5 letters? (TN: in Korean, a letter is a syllable. It's kinda bit more complex than that, but this will suffice here.) The Queen... is back. (TN: She said this in English, and 'is' becomes two syllables in Korean (이즈) so it's 5 syllables.)
E: (It's the name of the brand she got the watch from, but for the life of me I cannot make out the name)
E: I usually just put on sunscreen and nothing else. I don't put on makeup for daily life.
E: Speaking of Youtube, Kiu (TN: a vlogger) came to see me, so I think I'm in it for a tiiiny bit. I'm not sure about it, but it could be.
E: Favourite pop singer? Hmm, these days, Anne-Marie? I like her. Season vs off-season? Off-season (giggle)
E: I really like 2002 (TN: the song), Friends is also good. (reads comment) I'll check that one out too. (hums 2002)
E: Yes, I love Billie Eilish too. Billie Eilish is good. (another comment) Her Private Life, that was the last one I watched. (TN: It was a TV drama)
E: Brother Soyoun (TN: this is a literal translation, she said 소연 형. 형 is a word that means 'older brother' and is used among men, so she's being teasing here.) is not satisfied with her hair. Soyoun with your unsatisfactory hair, please respond.
S: (off-screen) Yes sir.
E: I took some selfies with foreign skaters today, but the lighting wasn't so good so the pictures aren't that good. Still, if you want, I'll upload them. (TN: She did, and yeah the lighting is off in those pics)
E: You all are recommending me a lot of good songs, thanks.
E: One minute left now. And now it's time to turn this off. Bye
(Live ends)

Damn this got long, sorry for the Great Wall of text.

Maju

On the Ice
(continued)

S: No, it's not a injury or anything, I just nicked myself hurrying inside without the blade guards and got a tiny scratch.
E: Mint chocolate is a huge no for me.
S: I love mint chocolate. (reads comment) Yes, really, when I first met her she was a tiny thing, and now I have to look up to her. She grew so tall.
E: Mint chocolate is the worst! (TN: thrice I die from too much cuteness) But each to their own.
S: Busan has a limited number of places to go. Hmm, mint chocolate or cherry jubilee?
E: I hate both.
S: Mint chocolate. Oh, I've been to Seomyeon. (TN: It's a place in Busan)
E: Busan?
S: Yeah. Behind-the-scenes from the ice show?
E: Black sorbet? (TN: I think it's a new flavour at Baskin&Robbins) Huh? Oh. The sparkly pants for Sing, Sing, Sing, it reeally hurts. Here, ugh it's not shown well on screen, here, see? It hurt a lot. All chafed from the pants.
S: You don't know it during the show though.
E: What flavour do I like at B&R? I love B&R, first the dalgona (TN: It's the name of a type of candy here made with brown sugar and baking powder, kinda tastes like brittle toffee), and- what was it? The new one... Oh, the zoripong (TN: A brand of cookies sold here, it's one of the 'oldie snacks'.) one was tasty! When I go to Baskin&Robbins, I tend to have the flavours you can only have at Baskin&Robbins. Something like vanilla is, like, still tasty at, say, Haagendazs. (to Soyoun) Why are you avoiding the camera, you have to be on screen, show your face.
S: Nah.
E: Ah, the new one, black sorbet? They say it makes your teeth turn black. Flavours like New York Cheesecake, Gone With the Wind, like, the sort with nuts or fruit inside of them? They're not to my taste.
S: (something incomprehensible)
E: C'mon, show yourself! (after a while) It's nice and cool when you stay here. Oh my, she suddenly got up and started making breaking sounds. I like green tea, you?
S: I like it.
E: Green tea is nice. (Soyoun is not quite singing Let It Go) No makeup live later? (Soyoun also chimes in) No. That's a big no.
S: I was going to say something, but I forgot what it was. What was it? I was going to say something after Let It Go... I forgot.
E: Oh, it seems there's a football match today.
S: Really?
E: Yeah. What football is it?
S: What football? (laugh)
E: I mean, what kind of competition?
S: Something with our athletes competing?
E: Is it a national match, or
S: Probably with a foreign team. (looks at comments) I like bubble tea.
E: Bubble tea is good. The original shake is good, and so are the strawberry and the Cookies'n'Creme. "Does anybody see you without makeup?" I go about without makeup quite often. Korea vs. Senegal, oh. It's Round of 8!
S: Wait, isn't Round of 4 the last match?
E: Four-wait, no it isn't.
S: It isn't?
E: Round of- That's semifinals then finals, isn't it?
S: Isn't Round of 4 the final?
E: She knows nothing about football.
S: Teach me, please.
E: I just know... Son Heungmin and Lee Seungwoo.
S: Oh... Wait, it's already 1!
E: We'll end this after 5-10 minutes. (to Soyoun) They tell us Round of 2 is the final, and Round of 4 is the semifinal. That's a lot of matches.
S: Hmm?
E: This is Round of 8, so you go through that, then the Round of 4, then finals.
S: Oh, yeah. What kind of match is this? (after a moment) I have too much hair on my head.
E: It's all right.
S: (reads a comment) Oh my god, go to bed! Go to bed, don't be up for us.
E: Wow, if we get to semifinals it's the first in 36 years.
S: Whoa
E: Cheers! (reads comments) U-20 World Cup? They are all young athletes. (TN: :laugh2: Darling you're 16)
S: So it's an youth competition?
E: Ah, only athletes under 20 compete in this World Cup.
S: So it's kinda like the Youth Olympics?
E: I guess so? I think that's right.
S: No, I didn't get to see Aladdin :( (TN: The Will Smith one)
E: That is not so. (TN: I don't know what the question was)
S: This is embarrassing.
E: I'd like to learn boxing.
S: Boxing?
E: I wanted to for quite some time now.
E: Vlogging? Maybe later, if I get the chance. Pictures... Do you want me to post them? If you want I can. Favourite Japanese food?
S: Hmm...
E: Japan has good food in general.
S: Right. Dunno, Udon?
E: :eek: I really like Hayashi rice. See, (to Soyoun) I don't like curry and rice
S: I don't like it either.
E: I really don't like it, but Hayashi rice has this, like, creamy feel to it, and it's sweet too, so it's tasty.
S: Oh... But the thing is, I have too many foods I don't eat.
E: More than I do?
S: What kinds of food don't you eat?
E: Too many.
S: You eat raw beef, right?
E: I don't- Technically I do. But I don't like it.
S: I don't. No chicken feet,
E: I don't either.
S: No raw fish,
E: For me, chicken feet, pig feet, cow entrails, pig entrails, tripe, all nope.
S: Same here.
E: My mom once said, there's chicken breasts and chicken legs, why would anyone eat chicken feet.
S: Ugh
E: Same for cows, you have all those parts, why would anyone eat the organs. But the ones who enjoy them really enjoy them. (looks at a comment) Broccoli? I don't eat them. You? You eat them, right? You eat them a lot.
S: I don't eat them, I'm forced to eat them.
E: Right, your aunt always puts broccoli in everything. Huoguo (TN: Chinese hot pot)? Haven't tried it. I'm not the type to try new food. Mint chocolate? Nope, she does. Eggplants? Nope.
S: I hate eggplants.
E: Chunggookjang (TN: traditional Korean fermented bean paste)? That I do eat.
S: Eww. It smells like feet.
E: Malatang? (TN: Chinese spicy pot dish) Haven't tried it. (to Soyoun) Come on, feet? (reads another comment) Cow tongue? Never.
S: Ewwwwwwwww, I tried it you know?
E: I don't eat cucumbers.
S: Was it an youth competition? They said it was beef so I ate it without much thought, ugh
E: Favourite food? Ice cream!
S: Ice cream is the best.
E: I do eat live octopus.
S: I can't.
E: You can't? You do have a long list of foods you don't eat!
S: Yeah, I can't stand fishy food.
E: Pig soup (TN: A Korean soup made with pork and pig blood)? Never had it. (to Soyoun) What about marinated crabs?
S: No.
E: That's a lot! Beondegi (TN: Steamed silk lava pupae, it's a thing here in Korea)? Eek
S: I had some when I was little.
E: Really? I've never had any. For sweet fried pork, pouring or dipping (TN: When you deliver sweet fried pork the sauce comes in a separate dish, this is one of the greatest debates regarding food here :laugh:)? One, two, three, (with Soyoun) dipping!
E: Pork belly, I used to hate it, but now
S: I still don't, only the thin-slice ones are okay.
E: I used to be like that too, but now I prefer the usual think pork belly.
S: Oh, really? The thick one makes my teeth ache.
E: Are you a grandma or something? (comments) Pizza or fried chicken?
S: Chicken, of course. I don't have pizza that much.
E: Chicken... I guess. Pork or beef? One, two, three, pork.
S: Beef-no, pork. Really, pork. Beef is tough.
E: Yeah, the sinews. Kimchi stew or bean paste stew (TN: it's 김치찌개 and 된장찌개, not exactly a stew but not quite soup either. Both stable 'home food' here.), one, two, three, (with Soyoun) Bean paste stew!
E: We go along quite well, don't we?
S: But to be fair, I don't often eat stew. (TN: again, it's 찌개.) But if I were to choose, then bean paste stew. I don't like wet food.
E: Cold noodles, plain or spicy (TN: again, it's one of the great food debates here). One, two, three, plain.
S: Wait, cold noodles?
E: I'm on plain.
S: It depends on the day for me.
E: There are a ton of these in the comments. Black noodles or red noodles (TN: 짜장면 and 짬뽕 respectively, the Great Chinese Food Debate), plain fried chicken or with sauce (TN: the Great Chicken Debate).
S: I prefer red noodles these days, you?
E: Usually black noodles.
S: I can't eat spicy food, but they compel me these days.
E: Yeopttuk or Shinjeon (TN: Both 떡볶이 brands, known for their spiciness)? I say Shinjeon.
S: Yeah, me too.
E: Horror or animation?
S: What's that? Oh, horror movies or animation movies?
E: Both aren't to my taste, but I'd rather watch an animation.
S: Hmm, horror would be slightly better.
E: Ooh, a difference. (pause) But you're really easily scared!
S: Wait, wait, I'm changing my answer.
E: We watched Gonjiam (TN: a Korean horror film) together, not voluntarily but we did, and I'm okay with horror movies but don't like them. They leave you uneasy. (to Soyoun) You quite like them, you just get really scared.
S: I watch the important bits with my eyes covered.
E: I read instagram DMs. (comment reading) Webtoons? I found that one fun, Tomorrow. It's on Naver, and it's good. Can't remember anything else.
S: Goddess descending (TN: also another webtoon)?
E: (shakes head) In Gonjiam, there's this, (hissing sounds)
S: What was it, room 301?
E: I can't remember details like the room number.
S: Yeah, whatever.
E: In the room, there's this one with huge pupils and stuff.
S: There's the shabashaba whatever, with real fast talking, and people said it was the shabushabu ghost.
E: Let's turn this off when it becomes 1:15. We'll do this just until 1:15.
(Squirtle hums)
S: Ugh, I have to get out of here.
E: Why?
S: My hair, it's in a terrible state.
E: State of what?
E: If you have any questions, ask it in 5 minutes. Describe Yuna in 5 letters? (TN: in Korean, a letter is a syllable. It's kinda bit more complex than that, but this will suffice here.) The Queen... is back. (TN: She said this in English, and 'is' becomes two syllables in Korean (이즈) so it's 5 syllables.)
E: (It's the name of the brand she got the watch from, but for the life of me I cannot make out the name)
E: I usually just put on sunscreen and nothing else. I don't put on makeup for daily life.
E: Speaking of Youtube, Kiu (TN: a vlogger) came to see me, so I think I'm in it for a tiiiny bit. I'm not sure about it, but it could be.
E: Favourite pop singer? Hmm, these days, Ann-Marie? I like her. Season vs off-season? Off-season (giggle)
E: I really like 2002 (TN: the song), Friends is also good. (reads comment) I'll check that one out too. (hums 2002)
E: Yes, I love Billie Eilish too. Billie Eilish is good. (another comment) Her Private Life, that was the last one I watched. (TN: It was a TV drama)
E: Brother Soyoun (TN: this is a literal translation, she said 소연 형. 형 is a word that means 'older brother' and is used among men, so she's being teasing here.) Not satisfied with her hair. Soyoun with your unsatisfactory hair, please respond.
S: (off-screen) Yes sir.
E: I took some selfies with foreign skaters today, but the lighting wasn't so good so the pictures aren't that good. Still, if you want, I'll upload them. (TN: She did, and yeah the lighting is off in those pics)
E: You all are recommending me a lot of good songs, thanks.
E: One minute left now. And now it's time to turn this off. Bye
(Live ends)

Damn this got long, sorry for the Great Wall of text.
you are amazing. thank you so much!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://news.v.daum.net/v/20190610160241104

New interview, notably done by student reporters (4th&5th graders). Some adorable points, some worrying points, some proud points. Will translate after I get some sleep

Edit: Woke up, will just translate the relevant bits, and all that is not from squirtle's own lips is either condensed or briefly noted.

- Meeting Lim Eunsoo, the rising star of ladies' figure skating

"Post-Yuna" yada-yada, GP bronze, 10th at WC, 200+, interview was done while squirtle was preparing for ATS

"The season's over for now, I'm spending my days preparing for shows and learning what I've wanted to."

Even during the off-season, she always trains on-ice twice a day. Other things in her schedule include workouts, pilates, dance lessons. She finds doing shows meaningful in the sense that she's on the same rink with international skaters in a lighter, more enjoyable mood.

"Most of all, just skating together with great skaters like Yuna is a great experience."

On moving to LA

"Everything was new to me so there were difficulties, but the novelty had its merits too. Every place has its pros and cons, I think the training I got there was
good for me."

'Trusted the coach fully and accepted his ways, by doing so improved on many points' (TN: This line is directly translated, let's just say I don't get positive vibes from the wording)

"I had many issues with non-jump elements and they're improved than before, and my jumps are more polished now."

Reporters impressed by how she clearly and calmly expresses her thoughts, she answered the "New Yuna" question without hesitation.

"Yuna didn't want it (TN: the press to go off with the whole (bleep)) because she didn't want me to feel burdened. But Yuna did so well and opened the door for us , so it's only natural that when we do things expectations of doing it after Yuna form. I also started after watching Yuna and she is the skater I'd like to be like in every aspect, so I think it's a good thing. And I'm trying to do my best to meet those expectations."

The Queen often gives advice to her

"We (TN: Here she's talking about the skaters contracted to ATS) are with her management company, and we did start after her, so if she sees something that could be done better she often tells us that this could be better this way and so on. I don't have much experience yet, so her real experiences help."

Goal for the new season is to grow and show more maturity, making less mistakes during competitions and keeping calm even if it doesn't go as planned. On what kind of skater she wants to be:

"I want to be seen as a skater who is happy on the ice."

Profile: birthday, height 164cm, blood type B, name of attending high school, nickname Squirtle

20 questions

Q1 Why did you start figure skating
I started when I was around 5 or 6, I was too young so I don't remember much. Apparently I watched Yuna skate and wanted to wear a dress like hers. I started casually, and as I fell in love with the sport I decided to become an elite skater.
Q2 Any other dreams aside from FS
I did have many things I wanted to do, but I am a figure skater and it's not easy to skate and do other things as well. Besides, I never wanted to truly do something else other than skating.
Q3 Criteria for becoming an elite skater
Personally, I don't think there are any. Like, you have to start early, you can't be tall, you have to be thin, those preconceptions people have. But for what I think, whether you're tall or have bulky muscles doesn't matter as long as you work on your best features. Like, you could start later but learn faster, so, if you do your best everyone will have a fair chance, or so I believe.
Q4 Best and worst moments as an elite skater
There wasn't a particular moment, it's when things don't go as I planned that I find difficult. Too often things don't go as I thought it would play out and that makes me anxious. It's not like there's a clear-cut answer so I have to figure out how to deal with it, that's the most difficult thing. The best moments are after a good skate, we train and practice everyday at the rink to perform for a few minutes. The best moments are after showing that to everyone.
Q5 Maintaining body figure/weight
I am an athlete so I do have to take care, but it's not like I have a strict diet. Sometimes I eat what I want to eat, when it's needed I eat less, I just aim to maintain my figure as I want it to be.
Q6 Exercises that help figure skating
I do workouts and pilates. Every skater does workouts from the very beginning, cardio for stamina and weights for boosting and maintaining jumps. Pilates helps with keeping your balance. Whatever you do, you have to keep at it constantly.
Q7 Isn't spinning dizzy
I do get dizzy (laugh) Changing positions, looking up then down, it does make you dizzy, but not so much that you can't focus. And I feel less dizzier than others because I do it all the time, but if I feel *just* a little too dizzy it will affect the performance.
Q8 What do you do when you're injured
Depends on the injury. Small aches are common, you can't skate if you take time off for every one of those. Usually I just get treatment and go through training bearing the pain, but when I broke my toe I took time off right after the competition was over. For big injuries, it's better to rest and heal than skating in short bits and making the injury worse for you to continue on.
Q9 Tips on adjusting to new boots
I'm not the type who easily adjusts to new boots, I just keep putting them on. They're new, so it's hard and not what you're used to, so it does bother your feet. But they break in sooner or later, you just have to keep on using them.
Q10 Do figure skaters have to like and know music well? Any limitations on choosing music?
You do have to know and understand the music. For me, I consider it most important to know the story of the music and convey it to the audience. I often think about the best ways to express and convey the story. There are music that are pleasant to the ear but difficult to express on the ice, and especially for music used for competitive programs you do have to factor that in on top of everything else. A lot of times you have to let go of the music you wanted to use when you make a list to choose [the music for competitive programs].
Q11 Any hardships, and how did you overcome them
There were many (laugh) But I am a professional skater, it's only natural that hard times come, and good times come in scale. It's what I have to do, you can't stop even if it's not easy for you. You just have to get through it somehow, so I just thought of the things to come and did what was needed. It's not like you're going to stop, you have to do it, so you just do your best, and it gets better.
Q12 Tips on keeping calm after making a mistake?
It's not easy, I'm still learning how to do that. A mistake unsettles and upsets me, if I fall it takes more energy to carry on than if I had landed the jump. I try my best to forget it happened and do the rest of the program perfectly to make up for the lost points. (TN: Ah darling, your bane. Love, it's precisely because you're trying to not mess up any further that you do mess up further...)
Q13 Where do you get your motivation
When times are difficult, while there are people that make it difficult I know there are more people who cheer me on, that's what I think about. Don't give up now, it'll become better, and I go through.
Q14 Dealing with stress
I meet friends, I listen to music, it depends. I need to get up over and over, so I keep on trying to find ways to somehow keep on doing so.
Q15 Who nicknamed you squirtle?
I didn't know [that I looked like one], but then my fans started saying that I looked like a squirtle, and along the way it kinda became official (laugh)
Q16 You bake?
I still do, but it's too tiring (laugh) I don't do it as often as before, just once in another while.
Q17 A film you found touching?
Hmm... I recently watched A Star Is Born (TN: Bradley Cooper ver.) for my ice show gala program, and it was really good.
Q18 Do you have time to hang out with friends
The people I see everyday are athletes, so most of my friends are athletes. I don't have that much time to spend with my school friends, not much memories you can only make in this period of life. I've never been on a school trip because of skating, that's what I regret the most.
Q19 Would you skate if you were born again
Would I choose so if I were born as myself again? I don't know (laugh), I could. The fact that I didn't get to experience things that others have means I experienced things others haven't. I won't say for sure whether I'll do it again or not, let's just say I could.
Q20 Future goals?
If we're talking about dreams, then I could say gold at the Olympics, but that's not something I can choose to have. I just want to keep on with the same energy as when I first started, doing my best and achieving small goals one step at a time, then it'd be nice to go to the Olympics and truly perform in a way that shows everything I've been through and leaves me wholly satisfied. My goal is always to skate a competition in a way that I can be satisfied with. (TN: Oh darling, you grew up so much over your first senior season, still the perfectionist but oh squirtle :luv17:)

Comments from the student reporters
- Her face is so small, and "Wow she's good" just came out of my mouth when I watched her practice. Her movements, jumps, everything was beautiful.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Judging from Instagram Eunsoo looks like she is having a great time with All That Skate + lots of dance practices! :D Look forward to seeing her slay the new season.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!
According to TSL, Eunsoo Lim has split with Raf and is now back to her old coaches.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I heard their remarks that she had left Raf, it seemed to me that they made this assumption. I'm not sure if that's really true. I wondered if she was taking a little break after ATS and staying in Korea for a while. She has such amazing star quality, but I think she needs Raf for her jumps. Ahhh, and those fabulous McKinnon costumes!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
When I heard their remarks that she had left Raf, it seemed to me that they made this assumption. I'm not sure if that's really true. I wondered if she was taking a little break after ATS and staying in Korea for a while. She has such amazing star quality, but I think she needs Raf for her jumps. Ahhh, and those fabulous McKinnon costumes!

She has been staying in Korea since Worlds in March that is why people think she switched her coaches