Eun-Soo Lim | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oh wow @Ichatdelune, that FS remake of Capriccio Espagnol sounds great. Still I feel kinda bummed that it's being shelved. I have my qualms with the program but to not see it in it's full potential sucks. I think it's a great program for her to test her sharpness and expand her performance range. Oh well, at least it's for the better and for comfort.

Now that you guys mentioned her repeating the SP, I just got the sudden flashbacks of her reusing her Bollywood SP 3 times as a novice and her Pink Panther FS for like 4 seasons. Oof, those were rough times.

Briananing

On the Ice
I think it's more of a step sequence issue (it was called a level 2 in every competition she did), NHK is a deep field and even if she's not hoping for a podium she certainly is thinking about WR points. Also, in the long run, she's thinking about Nats (she's going against Young's 3A after all).

I think she might reuse capriccio espagnol later when she is older and more comfortable. I dont know, i just think that she is going through something. She looked like she is going to cry whenever i watch her. Beside that SS seemed to overwhelmed her, she looked like she was exhausted and pushed herself to finish that ss just like how zhenya did with her ss for her FP last season. But zhenya has both orser and trusova to play the politic and marketing part. Eunsoo has no one while the other party were trying to demonized her. By going to her last season program, she could focus on her jumps, because her jumps are shaky this year. My only concern is that she already perform this program beautifuly last season, judges would want more and the program is just too similar with her FP. She could get smear campaign as emotionless like yuna before sochi. I mean tara already started it.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Asian Trophy SP just happened, 66.84 (I suck with numbers), TES 35.80 PCS 31.04

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsF3mIqMO_I 3Lz-2T 3F 2A

... This is going to be a difficult season for her, isn't it

StSq3, hmm... It could be that the tech panel got harsher in calling step sequence levels as a whole, we've seen much less level four step sequences both at the GPs and other senior Bs. And she looked at ease and fully immersed in character when skating, I can be satisfied with that. Oh darling, you had so much weight on your shoulders last season, if this season's struggles are the aftermath of that you can go at your own pace, I'm going to be in love with you anyway

yyyskate

Record Breaker
my skating friend went to Asian open and I specifically ask her to record Squirtle's fancam for me. And thanks to her, I have watched Squirtle's SP fancam (both practice and competition). The fancam showed Squirtle's speed is extra ordinary. my friend said her speed is the fastest of the bunch for sure, also there will be HD photos, courtesy to a very nice Taiwanese skating fan.

Taiwanese skating fan said Squirtle's skating photos rarely has any that is unusable. basically it is a huge complement, remember what used to describe Yuna Queen, every frame of her performance is a piece of art.
speaking of the Queen, Squirtle's some where in time fancam (this one is whole rink view) kinda reminds of me of the Queen's send in the clown Olympic fancam, one of the more beautiful fancam I have either seen, huge speed smooth skating and huge beautiful patterns for jumping passes and stsq.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
squirtle's 3lz-3t seems is having some issues, hopefully, she can figure it out soon, According to the OP fancam from my friend. squirtle's opening jumpng pass is still 3LZ-3T. seems 3LZ-3T condition is like Skate American, not very consistent. she had issues with 3LZ-3T in skate America as well, and this seems is her only issue at at the moment. her other jumps are quite secure.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I watched squirtle's performances very carefully in Skate America in the rink in person. I would see the most suitable style for her is lyrical yet with some inner strength or some gravitas. like her ex "is that all right", or "somewhere in time". these music are lyrical, ballad like phrasing that our Squritle is extremely great at interpreting. yet both has some intensity to it. yet new FS Sabrina is a very etherial lyrical piece, our Squritle is also very good at expressing. as someone on twitter said, her performance feels like "rain drop", that is exactly how it felt when I watch it. but in an arena, it lacked some impact. for me, I like Sabrina as it is, as a piece of art, but if you wanna more attention grabbing. could redesign the dress with more eye-catching color or add some eye-catching choreo
for the spanish dance new short. it is obvious, squirtle is not quite used to it, the performance although very beautiful (how can't our girl strike a beautiful pose) feels contrived or choreographed. Also, her lack of skating skills in fast tempo stsq also is obvious, she couldn't match with the fast tempo music atmosphere in the end while doing stsq. it is evident in the rink.
but she still tried her best to add extra flair in the SP, e.g. another fan-waving choreo after the first spin that is not there initially, and little personal touches here and there.
I think Squirtle is a very personal in terms of artistic expression. she feels, it is a rare quality as an artist (maybe not a good quality as an athlete, because "you need the precision jumping like a machine").

yyyskate

Record Breaker
both David Wilson's program has some extra or next level challenges in it, for sabrina, if you wanna make an etherial and whimsical piece impactful, you need even more refined and detail oriented sophistication, based on more refined skating skills.
for spanish dance, first thing first, get use to the new patterns, her jumping pass pattern has all been changed, e.g. 3F it is power-pull-counter-3turn-3F, the skating on one leg is longer and still need to maintain stability, speed and edge control for 3F jump, Also, new style and challenging stsq.
My wild hope is that, she is using some where in time for now until she figures our her 3LZ-3T issue (or after touch up work for stsq levels) and go back to spanish dance later in the season.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
in terms of coaching, I hope squirtle could train with coach that is great at skating skills, someone like Stanphane Lambiel or Team Hamada. her jumps and spins and everything else including interpretation could benefit from better and properly trained skating skills.
also for choreographer. I hope Squirtle may attempt to work with Benoire. I became a fan of Benoire's work after Skate America. I really like his pattern. it is so creative and challenge, if Bradie can work it, I believe an innately talented dancer like Squirtle can do it too.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@Ichatdelune as for the dresses, while I was in the rink, I noticed people around me googling lisa for her dress designer, it really is stunning in person, especially the Short dress, everyone around me love it.
when I said the new dresses is not lisa's, that is not because I have inside info, it is just my guess, I usually guess the designer by specific style/signature/character of the said designer. when I saw the new dress, I thought the SP maybe lisa's work especially the back design, based on my knowledge of costume designing work from lisa or Korean designers. It turns out both are designed by Lisa, while I still think she didnot quite get them right this time, especially some ratio issues in the free dress.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I really hope I can watch more of Squirtle (preferably in person) in the future. really hope she could be strong and brave and have a relatively:pray::love::luv17: long skating career.

Briananing

On the Ice
Yeah sorry but the sp is too similar to her fp. I think going back to her junior program might be better at this point.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://youtu.be/h1nZPY2EKag

Squirtle's Asian Trophy FS, the two -3Ts were called under and negative GOE on her second 2A, but it was a skate she was proud of and that's all that matters. And of course, her first CS win of the season to give her the necessary WR points

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Yeah sorry but the sp is too similar to her fp. I think going back to her junior program might be better at this point.

nope, lyrical programs can be interpreted into different flavors and leave different feelings on the audience (e.g. Squirtle's free and ex, both lyrical but left a completely different impact on me as an audience at SkAm). That been said, a vastly different pair of programs are more ideal.
I hope Squirtle can continue to refine his tech. cos everything is based on tech. as for which SP, it is secondary at this point. but do hope she can return to her new SP, when she is more confident in her tech.

Very happy :)cry:tears of joy) Squirtle skated a long program she is proud of in Asian Open. Continue sailing. We love and support you Squirtle:luv17:

Briananing

On the Ice
@yyyskate I still think that the sp and fp are too similar though, but yeah the EX program is different because to me she potrayed a vunerable, tragic heroine there, while in her LP and SP, she potrayed a pretty, proper princess. Of course the feeling that skater gave you is subjective, so i understand if you have different opinion regarding this.

But i m a bit curious about the Asian trophy venue, were they held it in a mall ??

And no to coach hamada. Atleast not until the harrasement issue with Oda get cleared up. IMHO, What she needs is a NA/russian coach, who is not only a good technician, but know how to play the politic games that could promote her both to the juries and to skating medias. CC is a good place to try after she get all her jumps back, but i dont think they would accept her.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's confirmed that step sequence level issues was why squirtle went back to Somewhere in Time: https://twitter.com/littaok/status/1191300911953371137

I can translate the whole thing if needed, but the relevant part:

"I had intended to keep on trying my new program even if there were mistakes. But even though I amended my step sequence so that it'd get more points the level didn't go up. During the short program every element, even the smaller ones, matters for points, and my coach also advised me [on that]. The damage of not getting points for non-jump elements is too big, so we tried our best to save it(TN: i.e. they tried to get higher levels for the step sequence with Capriccio Espagnol) and in the end decided it'd be the best to change it."

Oh, and she also said that she's working on consistency more and haven't tried any difficult jumps yet, so there goes my wacky theory (I was halfheartedly thinking it in the first place, but still)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Hello! It's my first post in Eunsoo's fan fest, and I just want to say how much I appreciated her skating today. Aside from the fall on the combo at the start, she was lovely, just flowing across the rink, and really pleasing to watch. She has definitely been added to my list of favourites, and I hope that she has a fantastic free programme tomorrow!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
as I posted on Eunsoo's FF before, change jump tech back and forth may influence stability. Also, some fans think that Eunsoo maybe going thru puberty... Plus the mental pressure that she has to deliver to prove herself (cos maybe in her mind this is the only way).. All these together is really a lot for her (and she is just 16 years old). Hope Squirtle can be strong and push thru this and also hope she can get the help she needs. for example, find effective tech input to help with her jump and maybe has the opportunity to go to visit David Wilson to figure out stsq issues.
Also that fall on the lutz specially the second one is really hurtful on the ankle. Hope squirtle is healthy. :pray::love: We love and support Squirtle.

ETA, hope Squirtle has confidence in herself, sometimes, hard work also takes time.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Poor Eunsoo. I hope she’ll work through whatever’s bothering her and comeback 2 times stronger than she ever was.
Most of all, I hope to see her happy.
Her tears broke my heart.
Squirtle, everyone’s favorite pokemon girl, I wish you not only nail all your 3-3 super confidently, but also get a 3A/4 by next season. With the spring and power she has, I’m sure she can do it.
Everything will be okay!