Eun-Soo Lim | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

clippers8200

On the Ice
Great runthrough and nice to see her doing 3Lz3T and 3F3T with power and flow!! Hope she carries it through the actual program 🙏🙏

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKwWKTPX-b4

Here's a full version of her SP skate. I kinda expected the fall once I saw the lutz landing was off, and the takeaway here is that she didn't let the fall get to her other jumps. And just with the ending choreo you can see she was performing and emoting much, much better, so I'm not upset with how she did. It's not that big a competition anyway, let it be a chance for her and her team to check the issues (esp. her StSq levels) and fix it before SA.

More importantly: she's on the entry list for Asian Trophy (CS), and I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about a challenger right between her GPs. I mean, her GPs are far apart, but...

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Just watched it. Shame about the fall and the low level on the Step Sequence. But she just has a special charm that always makes me enjoy watching her skate. I‘m no fan of the program, to be quite honest, but she skates it beautifully. Loved her expression in the end. She‘s just a little star! :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh, and I forgot to say: She looks stunning in that dress. I love the colour. Just something I had to add. :laugh:

clippers8200

On the Ice
Much better expression than the last skate and glad to see her PCS back up in the 32 range. Jumps look so good in practice and then in competition though :(

randomfan

Record Breaker
Poor Eunsoo...she seems to be struggling with her 3-3 lately. Hoping for a better free! :yay:

Also, are the scores from this event officially counted? I think they weren’t last time, and I thought it’d be the same this year, but the TES box and the results page are the same as those used for major ISU competitions. :confused:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Poor Eunsoo...she seems to be struggling with her 3-3 lately. Hoping for a better free! :yay:

Also, are the scores from this event officially counted? I think they weren’t last time, and I thought it’d be the same this year, but the TES box and the results page are the same as those used for major ISU competitions. :confused:
Afaik, they’re not. But this competition has some decent prize money budget, so yay for everyone! Hope Eunsoo has a podium spot with a confident margin :)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
First things first, I'm immensely proud of her keeping it together after that pop. She didn't let it get to her, it was only on the axels that she made a mistake (of sorts). Which gets me thinking, is there a reason behind her 2As being bit shaky? Is it because of the coaching change or is it something else? Like, with Haein saying she does train 3As sometimes that got me thinking... :think:

Oh, and while this competition is not too big a deal for me to be salty at, I am still not satisfied with the PCS they gave her. :noshake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNfRWGiMAA

Edit: found a video!

clippers8200

On the Ice
First things first, I'm immensely proud of her keeping it together after that pop. She didn't let it get to her, it was only on the axels that she made a mistake (of sorts). Which gets me thinking, is there a reason behind her 2As being bit shaky? Is it because of the coaching change or is it something else? Like, with Haein saying she does train 3As sometimes that got me thinking... :think:

Oh, and while this competition is not too big a deal for me to be salty at, I am still not satisfied with the PCS they gave her. :noshake:

Yes, great to see her fighting and not letting a mistake get to her! Hope these !s on her Lz are just a one time thing for this competition. And as much as I try to like this program, I really can't...hopefully it grows on me over the season.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Yes, great to see her fighting and not letting a mistake get to her! Hope these !s on her Lz are just a one time thing for this competition. And as much as I try to like this program, I really can't...hopefully it grows on me over the season.

With the !s I hope so too, but then tech panels change so :shrug: And a)De gustibus non est disputandum and b)she only skated it twice, she's yet to fully grow into the program. Last season, I wasn't sold on her Chicago free, but squirtle grew into it and made me somewhat okay (no, still don't actually dig it) with it. Let's see how that darling does during the season :)

---

Oh, and on a tangent - which gala do y'all think she'll be doing, Is It Alright or Make Me Feel?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good job for winning the free program at Shanghai Trophy. I like the Sabrina program. :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
She definitely had the best FS today! I wish she could have won Silver but two medals at her two Challengers, that’s not too bad. Shame for that popped Axel but she landed her combo and I think she‘s getting better at selling that program. I do like the FS better than the SP. Well done today, Squirtle! :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker

Squirtle's 2A is iffy since last season... also some fans said the ice in Shanghai arena is kinda iffy too. it may affect edge jumps a lot.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Based on the planned elements doc, looks like Eunsoo is no longer pursuing 2A+3T and replaced it with 3F+2A SEQ - interesting...