Eun-Soo Lim

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://twitter.com/meridian10/status/1224583177508769792?s=19
https://twitter.com/meridian10/status/1224584275325964288?s=19

First day official practice runthrough, darling's regaining her form on her lutz (weeps) Clean and confident jumps throughout (okay the -3T looks borderline but she hung onto it), her loop entry is tidier and the spring on her -3T after her lutz... Oh darling, if it goes like this you are going to have a lovely wrap-up to the season (there's the Winter Sports Festival but it's domestic and for her college portfolio so). I'll be there tomorrow to cheer you on

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I saw some beautiful 2a3ts, and her lutz is much steadier now it's the landing of the 3t she's working on rn

Edit: Seems like the 3T is mostly worked out: she landed three in a row (the last one was sweet) and after a pep talk with Coach Chi she mostly worked on transitions

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I’d just like to say that it really triggers me when people blame eunsoo for all that happened. And seriously saying eunsoo should have been out of the way when she literally was standing beside the board is total BS. Intentional or an accident, it is wrong to blame the injured person who literally didn’t do anything to cause that accident. Come on. And I know this will be deleted by gs mods but idc. I need to let this out. I hate victim-blaming.

If anything, it was her agency that didn’t handle it well. Blame them not Eunsoo ffs.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I felt like Eunsoo‘s fanfest could use some positivity:

Her SP is one of my favorites ever, she‘s a beautiful, beautiful skater and I liked her a lot at 4CC. Hopefully she can rest now and come back next season with new strength! :)

Warwick360

Medalist
Nooooo!!!!! I really thought Eunsoo was a fixture for Worlds. :eeking: :(

Regardless, what I saw these previous days were nothing but promising. Clearly she's gotten some level of control, even though not close to last year's level of performance.

I really hope she finds consistency right from the get go next year. It would be a shame if she went the way of Park Soyoun, who had a lot of promise at the start.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Reminder that this was a rebuilding season for her, she underwent a staggering amount of changes in a year, she's gaining her jumps back slowly but steadily. Look at the improvement from Nats, give her time.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
One thing about Squirtle's free is that, she changed her jump lay-out on the fly. the planned layout is repeating 3F and 3T, once the -3t were not successful, she changed her 3F repeat to 3LZ repeat to maximize her score potential. This counts for some improvement in mental strength and confidence.
Also, from her practice videos, her -3t is still not 100% sure thing, but there are still some very good ones, seems everything is going towards better direction. Fans hope squirtle can have a early start for next season and show the world what she wasn't able to show this season next season. work hard and skate happy.:love:

Briananing

On the Ice
I m glad she didnt go to worlds though. Lets rest and reset. Atleast she slowly regain her jumps and stamina. Through out this season, she always looked so exhausted and ready to pass out at any given time after her program end, so i m glad it was not the case yesterday.

In regards of next season programs,i wish she would Bring her tango SP back if she is ready and do some change on the stsq. I hear yuna kim was helping Yelim on her FP improvement, is that true ?? And please let's get a more cheerful LP. I think elegant eunsoo need to rest. Let 's have young, fun and smiley eunsoo for next season.

P.s = i dont know but it bothered me a lil bit with how much the comentator kept praising her looks, she is more than her looks, imo.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCzyJg8-HE

Squirtle's Winter Sports Festival SP, still tentative on the 3Lz-3T but the lack of pressure on her helped immensely overall. She's in second place after Yelim with 67.65, but I honestly don't care about scores and whatnot, I'm just happy to see her skating with a light heart for once. And you can see how she has grown mentally, that darling's going to come back stronger next season.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
All my wishes for the happiest 17th birthday for my darling, please remember you are beautiful, talented, and beloved, my dearest squirtle. Love you from the bottom of my heart.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Eunsoo's interview with Vogue Korea! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1mijT4lJHw

Would anyone be able to translate it?

It's been a while since it was uploaded so I thought there would've been translations up already, but I can translate

-----

- Hello!
Hello.
- How are you feeling today?
Good.
- What are you practicing these days?
I'm preparing for 4CC.
- Aside from figure skating costumes, what other sportswear do you have the most?
Yoga pants? (TN: unsure tone)
- What's in your bag?
Hairbands and my diary.
- What grade are you in right now?
I'm about to be in 11th.
- What's your daily schedule like?
Hmm... Usually, it starts with exercise (TN: as in physical activities) and ends with exercise.
- What would you have done if you didn't skate?
Probably I'd have been a high school student with a lot of dreams.
- Who is your sports icon?
Yuna, of course.
- Among your instagram followers, who is the most famous?
Model Han Hyunmin, I guess?
- What is your training schedule like? How many others are with you?
Usually it's from 12 to 6, and the group is about six.
- Any songs that you enjoy?
For now, MARKTUB's To You My Light.
- When are you most excited or happy during practice?
When I go through a program without any mistakes.
- Do you have a dog?
Yes, I do. (TN: the interviewer is almost cut short :laugh:)
- Your dog's name?
Bulpak.
- What's your blood type?
Type B.
- Horoscope?
Pisces.
- What do you eat during meals?
Usually, meat.
- Favourite ice cream flavour?
I like all ice cream.
- If you didn't have to worry about your diet, what would you eat first?
Oh, ice cream.
- The TV drama you liked best?
Most recently, Gossip Girl.
- Any Youtube channels you follow?
Workman.
- Favourite celebrity?
Jennie from Blackpink.
- If you're on a vacation, where would you go to?
France, Paris.
- What would you like to do at Paris?
I'd go see the Eiffel tower and eat croissants.
- Do you have any nicknames?
Squirtle.
- Which figure skating technique is the most difficult?
For me, the salchow jump. (TN: I'm still not over the graphics that say 'salco')
- Favourite program?
My current SP, Somewhere in Time.
- Skate size?
230mm.
- How often do you buy new skates?
About once in every four months.
- How tall are you?
164~5cm.
- Your strong point?
Confidence? (TN: unsure tone)
- What was your most serious injury?
Big toe fracture.
- In your figure skating career, when is it most hard on you?
Hmm... When I do my best and still things don't work out.
- What's your favourite figure skating technique?
Spirals.
Bye (sends kiss)

Delienne

Rinkside
Am I the only one thinking that Eunsoo would make an amazing bond girl on Goldfinger, maybe in a year or two? She has the charisma, and it would also be a sort of little Yuna tribute

(P.S. after Carolina retired, Eunsoo's basically the reason-along with Alena K.- I keep watching ladies FS!)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

ahhh
she's alive!!! (it's just a new year's greetings post btw)

I am really hoping that SK's control level goes down soon because I. AM. STARVED. OF. EUNSOO. SKATING. CONTENT.
And yes, I actually watched almost of her skating performances last season. It was heartbreaking but I was that bored.

Also, my desire for a Cappricio Espagnol re-do remains. I am hoping that she considers it for the olympic season.

btw, happy new year to all members of #squirtlesquad

rainyallday

Spectator
Anyone watching her short program at korea national today? it was clean and impressive imo though 3Lz and 2A at the beginning were a bit shaky. wow her skating seems solid, might even be stronger than before. She grows so well, squirtle baby😭