Eun-Soo Lim | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

bosskil

Match Penalty
Eunsoo is very promissing. Huge jumps, slim body type, artistry and elegance.
Stay away from the boards next time, beauty! :)

sam0987

Rinkside
Eunsoo got a very bright future. She had her own style, expression, passion, and great jumps.
She is only 13 and love to see her improvement in the future. New era, New YUNA Kim as Ted said.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
Squirtle~~~~~ :love:

Too bad about the combination miss (it was huge! :shocked:), but I'm sure she will practice her positioning in preparation for her next event. It's awesome how she came back after that huge crash!

I can't wait already for her next event. Ahhh, 2 weeks seem too long!!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
kudos to her for coming back after such crush, it shows how determined and strong willed she is, all the best to her for her next assignment!!!
cant wait to see ! :yahoo:

MizukiS

Rinkside
I like this girl's speed on the ice. She has the jumps and her performance is also good. Glad she used the orig singer's vocals in her music because it helps set the emotion. Hope SK can take proper care of this young lady so she could have a bright future and compete for podium finishes.

mish

Match Penalty
Wonderful short program from JGP Dresden. Eunsoo beat her previous record by 8 points. :yahoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLcFbWb79_0

Camera man could make a better job and focus more on her face - she is so sassy and joyful, true actress on ice. Good luck in free kiddo! :hap57:

angelicadiablo

Rinkside
She has won me over today. I hope she surprise everyone and win the gold. It would more awesome if somehow a miracle happens and she gets into the Final.

gourry

Final Flight
I wasn't on her bandwagon before, but I think I'm converting. :laugh:
Eunsoo's jumps today gave me chills down my spine. And she really has presence on the ice!
Eunsoo looks like one of a few extrovert and outwardly expressive(hope you get what I mean. What would be the right word? Diva-ish? Like, look at me! Are you sure you are not gonna like me? Really? kind of quality) skaters among Korean youngsters. Actually she and Young are the only two Korean ladies who seem to have those qualities whereas others seem to be more on the subtle, elegant expressive side.
Very excited for her LP!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
She has won me over today. I hope she surprise everyone and win the gold. It would more awesome if somehow a miracle happens and she gets into the Final.

If she wins Gold (9 + 15 = 24) she would still lose to Marin Honda who has two silvers (26 points). Gubanova seems likely to medal and she already has a Gold so unless she bombs down to 5th Eun Soo's chances are pretty much next to none. I believe she would win the tiebreaker as the first alternate over Konstantinova if Konstantinova comes in 3rd though.

I really hope Eun Soo can survive the next few years though, it would be boring if the futures of ladies figure skating was just big federations like Japan and Russia going back and forth on the podium. It's the small federation skaters like Yuna Kim and Carolina Kostner who made the game so much more interesting.

And does anyone remember that interview David Wilson did with TSL about South Koreans having no face? Well here's one with a lot of face!!!!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Squirtle has many great natural gift, e.g. long limbs. but the real quality that impresses me the most is that, she really improves very fast. If you watch her videos from 2 years ago to today. she improves so much.
not only technically, some of her problems like a bit unstable when skates, overly exaggerated expression(e.g. in Yuna's show) are much improved to this day. those are subtle areas not so easy to pick up by youngsters, but she seems quite smart on that.

clippers8200

On the Ice
I think this was the highest SP of any Korean lady since Yuna's SP in Sochi! And from a 13 year old junior at that

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think this was the highest SP of any Korean lady since Yuna's SP in Sochi! And from a 13 year old junior at that

yes, I was thinking actually Yuna's kiss of vampire only got 69, and Squirtle got 63 already. not bad, not bad at all.:biggrin:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

I actually checked Soyoun, Dabin and Nahyun's short program PBs and it's so scary and fascinating that you're right....:eek:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Just watched her SP. I think landing the 3lz-3t gave her great confidence (it looks like she's starting it earlier in order to not crash into the boards), she was more relaxed throughout the performance. I like that she gives so much face, and her jumps are fabulous :luv17: Hope she nails the FS!