Eun-Soo Lim | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

Elaine666

Final Flight
So proud of this girl! Her 3Lz3T really reminds me of Yuna. The height and the distance she gets, amazing! She's got technical package, now keep working on skating skills, edge polishing and postures, and for next season, get a good chore. Gotta say, her PCS of this time is acceptable to me, surprisingly. She is definitely a medal material so hopefully Korean Fed will play smart.

Warwick360

Medalist
I asked this elsewhere and I couldn't get an answer. Is Eun Soo Lim eligible for Pyeongchang?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Eunsoo for her bronze today! She really is a joy to watch, even with the mistakes she made. She's very musical, has big jumps and skates with joy. I will continue to watch her develop over the next few years with interest.

mish

Match Penalty
Eunsoo got bronze! :yahoo::yay:
The only medalist outside Russia and Japan this year, bravo! :luv17:

She also beat her overall PB by 7 points (173). :hap10:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ahhh a real pity no?

Anyway, I think the girl has done something great. Getting a medal in her first junior season is not an easy feat especially if you're not from Russia or Japan. It's actually kinda crazy to think that if she managed to have a clean long program, she could've had the highest Korean total score after Yuna. Oh wellz, didn't happen but it still showed that judges are liking her. Her PCS of 53 for that messy skate is within the top junior range. Is that not a good PCS score? Anyhow, bb Squirtle has potential. An astounding one.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Now I'm hoping that KSU doesn't give her the national title this year. :drama::drama::laugh:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Ahhh a real pity no?

Anyway, I think the girl has done something great. Getting a medal in her first junior season is not an easy feat especially if you're not from Russia or Japan. It's actually kinda crazy to think that if she managed to have a clean long program, she could've had the highest Korean total score after Yuna. Oh wellz, didn't happen but it still showed that judges are liking her. Her PCS of 53 for that messy skate is within the top junior range. Is that not a good PCS score? Anyhow, bb Squirtle has potential. An astounding one.
only 1 point lower than both Yuna from Japan for that indeed messy skate.
I guess as long as bb squirtle skate in the last group her PCS won't be that low, cos Judges will have a direct comparison. I guess.... I dont know. Also maybe she continues to put on good performances, Judges will like.
I think Ted really likes squirtle, even today, You can tell from his voice. I think Ted maybe a little disappointed.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
It was a huge test for BB squirtle skate after Gubanova. And she didnot pass it... still need to work on that mental strength to become the next Yuna Kim as Ted puts it.
I was actually impressed by Gubanova today, she had tremendous pressure and with shaky jumping technique but she did not crumble at all. Those are stuffs Squirtle could learn from. for that matter, Yuna S too. and Marin's strong mentality last year as well.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think Ted really likes squirtle, even today, You can tell from his voice. I think Ted maybe a little disappointed.

LOL I was too. But hey, it speaks on her potential that a foreign skating director expresses a desire for her to continue working hard and persevere.
:console:

mish

Match Penalty
I can't even imagine not seeing baby Squirtle for 5 months till Junior Worlds in March. :sad21:

HELP! :sad4:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I can't even imagine not seeing baby Squirtle for 5 months till Junior Worlds in March. :sad21:

HELP! :sad4:
A major domestic competition is coming up next week...so we'll be fine

mish

Match Penalty
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?60711-2016-South-Korea-Ranking-Comp-Oct-14-16

And yes videos will be uploaded in a quick manner by Korean skating fans. Expect a day or two timeframe for the uploads though. Fans also do quick live reports on what's up.
Thank you. :thank:

Also, may I ask how does KSU choose junior worlds participants? Is it strictly according to Skate Korea's and Nats' outcomes or do they make exceptions sometimes (like JpnFeds last year, sending Marin to Junior Worlds, despite her poor Nats placement)?
I'm not Korean, but I fell in love with Eunsoo's skating, so I need to educate myself. :laugh:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Thank you. :thank:

Also, may I ask how does KSU choose junior worlds participants? Is it strictly according to Skate Korea's and Nats' outcomes or do they make exceptions sometimes (like JpnFeds last year, sending Marin to Junior Worlds, despite her poor Nats placement)?
I'm not Korean, but I fell in love with Eunsoo's skating, so I need to educate myself. [emoji23]
Nationals hold greater importance for JW selection....or for basically any major championships. Still, their combined scores do factor how they're gonna be placed in the National team (ex. being in team A gets more attention and focus)

mish

Match Penalty
How do you rate Eunsoo's among current Korean ladies and her chances in upcoming tourney?