Eun-Soo Lim | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBl_TuTCwkk

Squirtle (acknowledged again in this video :laugh:) did an interview with people from LG (one of her sponsors), it's adorable. It also features Yun Sungbin, the skeleton gold medalist (who is also sponsored by LG). Can translate the squirtle bits if needed (I'm kinda too tired to do Yun Sungbin's parts too lol)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBl_TuTCwkk

Squirtle (acknowledged again in this video :laugh:) did an interview with people from LG (one of her sponsors), it's adorable. It also features Yun Sungbin, the skeleton gold medalist (who is also sponsored by LG). Can translate the squirtle bits if needed (I'm kinda too tired to do Yun Sungbin's parts too lol)

If you could translate Squirtle :luv17: Thank you so much!!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
LG interview translations, [] are non-spoken words (i.e. not directly from squirtle's mouth but needed for context) and TN are translator's notes.

Squirtle (hereafter S): Hello, I'm Lim Eunsoo, representing Korea in figure skating. Nice to meet you (giggle)

Q: Your nickname is 'Squirtle'?
S: That... (embarrassed laugh) I didn't really know about the character, but now it's been a long time with that happening (TN: her being called squirtle) and I've gotten used to it, so I admit [the resemblance] *FX: It means she knows she's cute* I can see the points [of resemblance] and I can understand why they (TN: fans) consider it so, so I've embraced it. (lots of giggles)

Q: Do you bake often still? *FX: baker girl*
S: Yes, I still do it, but not as often as before. Just, sometimes, when I feel like it? I relieve stress by those kind of things.

Q: So you're a 'stay-at-home' type?
S: You have two days in a weekend, right? Saturdays, I almost always go out *FX: outdoors type*

Q: How's summer like for winter sport athletes?
S: Winter's when it's the season, that is, when all the competitions take place, we have to keep on training in the summer as well.

Q: You've ended your season on a high note?
S: Well, I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to perfectly skate a clean skate in the free, but still I got a SB, and I skated [the program] better than at any other competition during the season *FX: first ladies' single skater to go over 200+ since Kim Yuna* I did the best that I could at that point, so I'm satisfied with it.

Q: There was the injury,
S: Yes (TN: she's still not comfortable with the issue)
*FX: During practice at the WC, her calf ligament was torn, nonetheless gained her personal best*

Q: Are you okay now?
S: Well, now, it's fine (laugh) Was it last-last year (TN: 2 years before)? In Korea, before a national competition, I fractured my toe 10 days before [the competition] and it seemed that I couldn't compete. But I did, just by the mindset "I'm going to do it", and it ended well. That's one of the difficult but proud memories I have, and to think of it, the difficult times most often leave you with the best memories. (TN: Oh darling...)

Q: No regrets?
S: Those things, even when difficult situations happen, if it's not something that I can fight against I just, like, do what I need to do, and just wait for it to pass.

Q: (I'm assuming it was something like "The attention must be a burden?")
S: Sometimes it's a burden, but I don't pay attention to it and focus solely on doing my best in what I'm doing. (TN: there was an edit between her words, but I do think she's less burdened by external things now)

Q: What's figure skating to you?
S: Everything? *FX: almost everything* As far as I remember, my life has been skating. (TN: again, edits, there was definitely something more)

Q: What kind of skater would you like to be remembered as?
S: These days, I think that I'd like to be the skater that looks the happiest and having the most fun on the ice. (TN: as we all do, darling)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@Ichatdelune thank you sooo much for translation. :love:
"and just wait for it to pass" reminds me of the Queen's fav quote "this shall pass too"
All the best wishes to Squirtle. A beautiful and happy new season.:luv17:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Squirtle's instagram story just said she's working with Misha Ge, wonder if she's getting a program from him?

I still hope for more Jeffrey Buttle programs for her though

ice coverage

Record Breaker
UPDATE:

While the GS Forums allows discussion on official news and statements, we do not tolerate speculation, rumors, gossip, stereotyping, etc. We tried to allow discussion in the thread below, however, too many comments needed to be moderated due to the above which goes against the GS Forum Guidelines and our request to stick to the facts.

Until further notice, please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell.

Thanks for understanding.

ISU Statement regarding Bell and Lim

What do you guys think about the Lim Eun-Soo Mariah Bell incident?

sk8kirsty, please see the quoted post above from gsk8 -- who is the owner of Golden Skate. The post is from page 44 of this thread.

AFAIK, gsk8's directive to "please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell" remains in effect.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
sk8kirsty, please see the quoted post above from gsk8 -- who is the owner of Golden Skate. The post is from page 44 of this thread.

AFAIK, gsk8's directive to "please refrain from discussing the incident regarding Lim and Bell" remains in effect.
Oh sorry!! I didn't notice! [emoji51][emoji51]

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Squirtle's programs, both choreographed by David Wilson

SP: Capriccio Espagnol
FS: Sabrina (1945) soundtrack

Her short interview: She wanted to show a new side of her different from last season, both music were recommended to her by David Wilson, she has grown to like the music more and more as she kept on practicing

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Squirtle's programs, both choreographed by David Wilson

SP: Capriccio Espagnol
FS: Sabrina (1945) soundtrack

Her short interview: She wanted to show a new side of her different from last season, both music were recommended to her by David Wilson, she has grown to like the music more and more as she kept on practicing
I thought that Misha Ge choreographed for her one program ?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Squirtle's instagram story just said she's working with Misha Ge, wonder if she's getting a program from him?

I still hope for more Jeffrey Buttle programs for her though

instrumental wise nice contrast between SP and LP. Look forward to David's music editing and arrangement.

pandatours

On the Ice
There are Twitter reports saying Eunsoo is with Raf at ACI? :think:

I am so confused about that since she basically stayed in Korea and hasn’t been to Irvine I think. But I’m trying to focus on her clean runthrough! Can’t wait to see her skate

yyyskate

Record Breaker
In Squirtle's LP runthru, she did not do the opening combo ( just did the 3lz), it is very likely that she felt Rika was passing behind her and avoiding any collision possibility (and it is her run-thru and she has the right of way), which is the basic instinct of any trained skater.
All the best luck and good wishes to Squritle.