Eun-Soo Lim | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Eun-Soo Lim

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh, that was hard to watch, with those two nasty falls on the lutz, and her tears at the end made me want to reach through the screen and hug her. She is such a lovely skater, especially for one so young, and I really hope she can overcome whatever is bothering her with her jumps. She has time, she has talent, she'll figure it out.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Perhaps she advanced into seniors too soon, for I have seen no real progress in her skating since last year's JGPF?

Competition in Korea's top ranks is probably as fierce as it is in Russia, and skaters need to deliver constant results, no matter the pressure.

Has she, or people close to her, ever opened up about Eun-Soo long training in the USA?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Perhaps she advanced into seniors too soon, for I have seen no real progress in her skating since last year's JGPF?

Competition in Korea's top ranks is probably as fierce as it is in Russia, and skaters need to deliver constant results, no matter the pressure.

Has she, or people close to her, ever opened up about Eun-Soo long training in the USA?

Eunsoo was not in the JGPF last season, she was a senior already and won bronze at Rostelecom Cup. The Korean lady in the JGPF was Yelim Kim...

Competition in Korea is tough, for sure, but I just wish Eunsoo to come back stronger and skate cleanly for herself. She‘s an amazing girl and skater and I love watching her. Today was a rough day and it made me very sad to see her like this. I hope she will be able to solve whatever‘s bothering her. Don‘t be too hard on yourself, Squirtle, you‘re amazing!!

Briananing

On the Ice
What to do with eunsoo. I think leaving raf so prematurely is what hurting her the most, judging from the way she falled. His jump technique is so unique that only he could do anything to tweak it. What to do though, is there any coach that could help her ?? And whatever happen last season is clearly still in her mind, i hope she is receiving counceling on that too.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
What to do with eunsoo. I think leaving raf so prematurely is what hurting her the most, judging from the way she falled. His jump technique is so unique that only he could do anything to tweak it. What to do though, is there any coach that could help her ?? And whatever happen last season is clearly still in her mind, i hope she is receiving counceling on that too.

Seriously, are you sure it is not because of RA's drastic change of Squirtle's jump tech (and other skater's ..), messed up Squirtle's jump.
What to do with Eunsoo, imo "Stay away from RA (Team Raf LMFAO)" and she will be fine lol.
and you think Eunsoo's current difficulty is due to leave RA prematurely, then is this judgement of yours also premature.. it has been just half a season.

also, RA is some kinda tech wizard always feels like marketing mystery to me. just saying. looked his students, who had significant improvement in their jump?? okay blame on the "too old", "not long enough" excuse, but look at other tech coaches, TomZ do helped Mirai got her 3A (who is at very old age), and the over-all tech improvement from the Colorado Springs camp. TCC, Med also struggled during her transition, but her tech improvement e.g in 2A and toe jump, SS, PCS is still visible and solid (which all happened in the first season working with BO). And Eteri, hate or like, her girls are constantly deliver high tech content. And Team Hamada, alway deliver whole package skaters.

Also, all these coaches never had as many excuses as RA when their students struggle.. And none of these coaches gave fans and mass media the impression that they are the almighty tech genius (not like RA).

Sorry for the rant...just my observation as a figure skating fan.

Never mind... anyways, skaters know what is best for them. As a fan, I can only support...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I kinda have a crazy idea, maybe they can sent Squirtle to Eteri and see what happens:drama: Squirtle is not a direct thread to Eteri's girls at all and it seems Russian fans like Eunsoo a lot (I saw lots of Russian comments under Eunsoo's youtube videos, which is kinda weird:biggrin:) and Yuna fans seem are also friendly with Eteri and her girls, Also, Russia is another figure skating political super power, it is so difficult for a small agent like ATS to balance and survive among figure skating super power and agents... ... ... ... perhaps new bridges can be built (if some old bridges have been burned). Also, Russia maybe is cheaper than US and Eteri's girl is afterall dominating rn and super consistent, Even after puberty, e.g. Zagi, Eteri is learning and evolving, some of their recent choreo is also less cluttered (e,g, AnnaS's programs). :biggrin:

The political dynamics of figure skating is changing, just saying:biggrin:

Briananing

On the Ice
Seriously, are you sure it is not because of RA's drastic change of Squirtle's jump tech (and other skater's ..), messed up Squirtle's jump.
What to do with Eunsoo, imo "Stay away from RA (Team Raf LMFAO)" and she will be fine lol.
and you think Eunsoo's current difficulty is due to leave RA prematurely, then is this judgement of yours also premature.. it has been just half a season.

also, RA is some kinda tech wizard always feels like marketing mystery to me. just saying. looked his students, who had significant improvement in their jump?? okay blame on the "too old", "not long enough" excuse, but look at other tech coaches, TomZ do helped Mirai got her 3A (who is at very old age), and the over-all tech improvement from the Colorado Springs camp. TCC, Med also struggled during her transition, but her tech improvement e.g in 2A and toe jump, SS, PCS is still visible and solid (which all happened in the first season working with BO). And Eteri, hate or like, her girls are constantly deliver high tech content. And Team Hamada, alway deliver whole package skaters.

Also, all these coaches never had as many excuses as RA when their students struggle.. And none of these coaches gave fans and mass media the impression that they are the almighty tech genius (not like RA).

Sorry for the rant...just my observation as a figure skating fan.

Never mind... anyways, skaters know what is best for them. As a fan, I can only support...

But that is exactly what i mean.?His jump technique is so different, their axis is so severe, that s why leaving before the technique settled in her, but already has some muscled memory of it, then trying to go back to her old technique but still cant shake off raf technique sometimes when she is nervous, is what hurting her right now.

Yeah that was what i said on few previous comments, that i wish she would go to russia or NA coach who could help her jumps, but also good at politic and marketing. BO is my prefered choice, but i dont think he would take her. Eteri is a good choice as well, but she also wouldnt take her. She had so many girls right now, elizabeth could go back to her because zhenya leaved to brian, and eteri want to proof a point.

Briananing

On the Ice
And the tricky thing is that eunsoo still got a bad press lingering on her, and the way adam rippon trying to smear her on TSL interview mean that there is possibility that some of them already gossiping about her to anyone and could make it harder for her to get NA coach.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Guys, let’s stop bringing up the past incident. Don’t make the GS mods come here again about the same situation. We don’t know what really happened and we’ll probably never know anyway.

All I wish to see now is Eunsoo happy. Honestly, she looked so upset and stressed on the ice ever since the start of the 18-19 season. And it just got worse from there. Now I’m really worried about her...:(

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I's so sad for her, she was pretty much the only lady I took an interest in yesterday, I was so hoping she would get the skate she wanted...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
And the tricky thing is that eunsoo still got a bad press lingering on her, and the way adam rippon trying to smear her on TSL interview mean that there is possibility that some of them already gossiping about her to anyone and could make it harder for her to get NA coach.
the smear and gossip is real ... ...
That's why I am super sentimental of eunsoo and felt the urge to support her!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That was the prelims for the National Winter Sports Festival (which she needs for her college portfolio), she'll soon be a junior in high school hence her participation. And her lutz... I hope she'll figure it out as soon as she can, I don't suppose rapid tech changes over two seasons are helping so all I can do is keep on cheering her on

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The ranking comp (the competition that decides 4CC entries and factors in with National Team selections) has started, ladies' SP will take place on Saturday (tomorrow, KST) and here's squirtle's FS runthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYWQBT2nWqY

It's only a runthrough yet you can see the grit on her face, like when she struggles to hold on to that 2A-3T (spinout) or when she gets up from that 3S fall. All I can say without bursting into tears is that I love her and her strength of will

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm crying according to reports squirtle was clean and with a score of 72.68 she's in the lead going to the free I'll post the link to the video as soon as it's uploaded oh darling of course there's the free but how you would've been waiting for a 100% clean skate like this I'm so happy for and proud of you

Edit: https://youtu.be/ypjdY1TpVNw

Look at her smile, her fistpump, I weep

skaterr

On the Ice
Eunsoo seems more mature.
Hardship makes her stronger.
Everybody has ups and downs.
I wish her best in FS. :love::love::pray:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I'm crying according to reports squirtle was clean and with a score of 72.68 she's in the lead going to the free I'll post the link to the video as soon as it's uploaded oh darling of course there's the free but how you would've been waiting for a 100% clean skate like this I'm so happy for and proud of you

Edit: https://youtu.be/ypjdY1TpVNw

Look at her smile, her fistpump, I weep

May you kindly provide the protocol for lady's SP. thanks so much

zach6794

Spectator
Are lots of comments being deleted from here? I am concerned about Eunsoo's future given nationals. She does not have a world spot. She is such a beautiful skater and needs someone to get her jumps. Tom Z is lacking students and I could see him willing to take her.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Are lots of comments being deleted from here? I am concerned about Eunsoo's future given nationals. She does not have a world spot. She is such a beautiful skater and needs someone to get her jumps. Tom Z is lacking students and I could see him willing to take her.

Tom Z is gonna be a pass for me despite of the wonders that he did to Young's jumps. I'm just not sure who can take her.
Her jumps do worry me but a WC break is what she deserves. She needs to let time pass and allow her body to be accustomed to the readjustments on her jumps. The girl grew and she needs to be patient (and us too lbr).

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Her jumps do worry me but a WC break is what she deserves. She needs to let time pass and allow her body to be accustomed to the readjustments on her jumps. The girl grew and she needs to be patient (and us too lbr).

Can't second this enough. So many changes (technical, physical, environmental, etc.) happened to her during last season and this season, and those changes need time to be processed. And given that pressure isn't going to help (the difference of pressure between just the ranking comp and Nats was visible in her skates) it would be better for her to have the time to purely focus on herself. Just because she's not going to Worlds this season her future isn't going to crash and burn. Another thing to consider is the fact that our ladies' competition is literally one of the toughest domestic competitions in the world right now, Haneul is now the oldest in the national team and she's 17. And lord the tension during the warmup for the final group at Nats...

From my experience at Nats watching her live in both practice and competition, her jumps (namely her lutz) are in a transitional phase as she readjusts her technique according to those changes. The muscle memory's got to settle down first, it was when the entries were neither here nor there that she gave up on adding the combo during practice. To be honest, a coaching change would be worse for her jumps, an introduction to new jumping technique is the last thing she needs. (And may I add that it wasn't with Tom Z that Young got her 3A rotated, but the Tammy Gambil-Hamada Mie teamup... Tom Z did do a lot of good on his own, for sure, but Young's money jump isn't from him)

Point is, this season is rebuilding season, patience is required. A lot of it. Trust me I'll be the one to freak out the most if it is the time to do so