2016 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Ladies SP

Norwayskater

Rinkside
It was a bit weird that Men's draw was 7h ago and ladies' draw is only right now. It has just started according to schedule. Starting order should be up in a moment.

Probably to let the ladies train in the morning so they could be well rested for tomorrow

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I think the real question is will the WR be broken tomorrow? I don't care what anyone says, the judges love Medvedeva too much for being so darn COP friendly that I feel they'll give her the WR in either the short or the free...

gimble

On the Ice
I wonder whether Euro-ladies event is pretty much deciding the colors of the medals for the Russian women.. Or are there any other women who can seriously challenge them?

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I thought the skaters drew for their skating order for the short programs, but apparently not. They must be picked randomly within their seeded groups.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Start Order is up for the Ladies SP: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/ec2016/SEG003.HTM

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Danielle HARRISON GBR
2 Aimee BUCHANAN ISR
3 Charlotte VANDERSARREN BEL
4 Niki WORIES NED
5 Janina MAKEENKA BLR
6 Daniela STOEVA BUL

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Matilda ALGOTSSON SWE
8 Pernille SORENSEN DEN
9 Helery HÄLVIN EST
10 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
11 Viveca LINDFORS FIN
12 Julia SAUTER ROU

Warm-Up Group 3
13 Tanja ODERMATT SUI
14 Anna KHNYCHENKOVA UKR
15 Birce ATABEY TUR
16 Fleur MAXWELL LUX
17 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP
18 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU

Warm-Up Group 4
19 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER
20 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE
21 Isabelle OLSSON SWE
22 Kerstin FRANK AUT
23 Giada RUSSO ITA
24 Dasa GRM SLO

Warm-Up Group 5
25 Lutricia BOCK GER
26 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
27 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA
28 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM
29 Ivett TOTH HUN
30 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA

Warm-Up Group 6
31 Elena RADIONOVA RUS
32 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK
33 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
34 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT
35 Anna POGORILAYA RUS
36 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA

Violetti

On the Ice
Many seem to be interested in the Russian girls but I am interested in seeing who else will be among the best ten. Which countries will get two entries for the next year or even three? I even find it somewhat dull to already know who will be on the podium. Still I hope they all will skate well.

NaVi

Medalist
I wonder whether Euro-ladies event is pretty much deciding the colors of the medals for the Russian women.. Or are there any other women who can seriously challenge them?

If one of them(aka Pogorilaya) bombs, then I think Rajicova and Lecavelier(if she skates like she did at the NRW trophy) could potentially earn a bronze.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Probably won't be watching ladies tomorrow, so Good luck ladies! May your skates will make you fly :rock:

winky97

Medalist
*sigh* Won't be able to watch this one, as I'll be :bed: Good luck to the ladies! :cheer:

I feel u. I will probably watch later on Icenetwork but I will already now the standings because I have no discipline and will check when I get up. Can't watch long either because I will be at work.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I can't lie, I have been more excited for this event in past years, but will probably still watch the whole thing, at least for the SP. For the LP I'll probably only watch the top 4 groups because honestly some of these performances are going to be painful. I am excited for some of the lesser known skaters though in the SP early groups though, like Harrison and Lindfors!

tulosai

Record Breaker
If one of them(aka Pogorilaya) bombs, then I think Rajicova and Lecavelier(if she skates like she did at the NRW trophy) could potentially earn a bronze.

Meite and Rodgerihio are also capable of sneaking in there, but as you say one of them would have to really bomb and they'd have to have pretty much the performances of their careers.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Warm-Up Group 6
31 Elena RADIONOVA RUS
32 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK
33 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
34 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT
35 Anna POGORILAYA RUS
36 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA

Rodeghiero's draw here... :shame:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I don't get what's wrong with it? She's in the top 6 skaters fair and square, and she drew what she drew.

She's the final skater in the event and has to follow all the big names (particular the 3 Russian ladies). I usually think there's more pressure to be the final skater to close a particular event -- I personally like to see one of the top contenders there, but it's a draw, so...

jkun

Final Flight
It's not surprisingly, but very eye-opening to see just how much the Russian women are dominating European skating. There are simply no other skaters from the other European countries that can compete with them.. With Caro gone and all :(

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well as an evil person I am I hope someone will sneak into 3rd (yep yep I still want liza at Worlds so Anna should step aside:dev3::ddevil::devil:)

I personally root for Joshi, Mae, Roberta, Angelina