Anastasia Shpilevaya & Grigory Smirnov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shpilevaya & Grigory Smirnov

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Oh no they gave the spot to Morozov Bagin. Not fair. Shpilevaya Smirnov are so much more exciting to watch and so classy. :(

sunn1ly

On the Ice
If that is their decision ok, I will respect it whatever the reason, but it does not sound very logical to me to choose Challenge instead of GP. It is more like Russian Fed preferred to give it to Morozov Bagin instead of Shpilevaya Smirnov , which is so wrong :(.

chameleon

On the Ice
Seems more like a consolation prize to me- they could have absolutely done the GP event and a challenger or two without an issue if they wanted to and were given the opportunity. It's a big disappointment for me, but I hope they get to do a couple challengers and maybe Winter Universiade later this season and come out swinging next year.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It is a sad thing that it looks like they will not get a GP event this season but not all the hope is lost yet. They will skate at the Finlandia Trophy and if they could score big and also hopefully beat Evdokimova / Bazin then who knows maybe they could still get a GP spot if someone has to WD or Russian Fed could replace E/B with S/S at Rostelecom if S/S can establish themselves internationally as a far better team.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Morozov/Bagin jst got 61,70 for their RD in Ioshkar-Ola, Marii El https://fsrussia.ru/results/1819/2etap/SEG003.HTM
Shpilevaya/Smirnov need to get higher than that at Finladia Trophy to get Rostelecom spot. RusFed can still change entries.
Hope they can. Good luck! :hap10:

I don't think that is going to happen no matter what S/S will score. S/S will have more realistic chance to replace Evdokimova/Bazin than Morozov/Bagin because the former got their spot because on their results but the latter got their spot because of political factors.

Lana05

Final Flight
Good luck in the free dance!:hap10:
They got 64,33 which is higher than Evdokimova/Bazin and Morozov/Bagin so Fed can change entries and give them a spot of one of the other teams.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Well I hope the results talk for themselves and they receive a GP. What depends on them was done, they skated clean and moreover expressive, their coaches and team gave them different programs, their elements make them stand out and of course they have mind blowing lifts and use Nastia s flexibility very clever. So I don't see now how not selecting them for GP will be justified.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I hope they will be invited to fill the vacant Chock & Bates' GP Helsinki spot.