2016 Russian Jr. Nationals Men FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Russian Jr. Nationals Men FS

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Samoylov and Tarasenko (he was at Senior Nationals) both have to leave figure skating

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
'older' really? They both were born in the second half of 2003. Evgeny in July, Matvei in October. I would say they are of the same age.

sorry, I didnt know they were born the same year
Semenenko definitely looks much older, Vetlugin looks very much younger than his age

- - - Updated - - -

Samoilov overall score 149.06 :palmf::console:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
'older' really? They both were born in the second half of 2003. Evgeny in July, Matvei in October. I would say they are of the same age.

Don't want to get into an argument, but I just wanted to point out something.

Not sure how it works in America, but in Europe, when deciding what school year you are in, the division is between 31st July and 1st August.

So, although the age difference is only 3 months, Semenenko is a year older than Vetlugin when it comes to their education.

And, even though I have been out of school for 12 years, that is still how I measure ages. It becomes ingrained in you.

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
Don't want to get into an argument, but I just wanted to point out something.

Not sure how it works in America, but in Europe, when deciding what school year you are in, the division is between 31st July and 1st August.

So, although the age difference is only 3 months, Semenenko is a year older than Vetlugin when it comes to their education.

And, even though I have been out of school for 12 years, that is still how I measure ages. It becomes ingrained in you.

CaroLiza_fan

same here, I guess in Russia they dont have divisions as long as they are born in the same year

sneakers

Match Penalty
2 falls from Zotov now :no:
and time penalty for ending after the music

that's -3 :disapp:

eta: make that -4 :eeking:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was starting to wonder if Zotov was ever going to stop spinning! :eek: :laugh:

Evidently hasn't learnt yet that if the music has stopped, you shorten your element to try to avoid getting a time deduction.

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
Skirda is a real talent, hope he gets a 3A soon

Ilya Skirda :hap10:

3lz-3t
stepseqlvl3
3lz
spread agel variation
3S-2T ( doubled ? )
3lo
3F
3lo-2t-2lo
2A
spinlvl4
2A
combspinlvl3

score into 1st: 198.31

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Skirda is a young superstar :laugh:

he has great personality
cant choose between Gumennik, Skirda, Vetlugin and Kunitsa :sad46:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why do we have to measure them by British educational standards? By ISU standards they are the same age.

I wasn't saying we have to do anything.

I was merely pointing out one possibility as to why people may have thought that the age difference is bigger than what it actually is.

On a similar note, the same could be applied to 2 skaters that fall either side of the ISU year division between 30th June and 1st July, or the calendar year division between 31st December and 1st January.

What I am saying is that, when comparing ages, you have to look carefully at the dates and keep your wits about you, to avoid falling into traps like this.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Tutberidze`s group have real problem with axel. Medvedeva and Pitkeev like examples

Pitkeev's 3A looks fine to me, but Medvedeva definitely needs work on hers

Skirda is too talented not get the hard jumps
Gumennik has learned the 3A now, hoping Skirda can it this coming season

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Pitkeev's 3A looks fine to me, but Medvedeva definitely needs work on hers

and 12 yo Semenenko already has it :clap:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

He is already training 3A. Obviously he's going to learn harder jumps but these things don't happen overnight. He only turned 13 in September. Daniil is much older w/o a 3A...