Etiquette for Gifts/ Flowers | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Etiquette for Gifts/ Flowers

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Regardless is the thought. I bring gifts for the non stars often with notes (the skaters who we won't see in the last flight. They are somebodys kid and kudos to them just to be at world's. I am sorry if people think I am a loser. I just think while we want the world title or to win there has to be something more than a medal. So while I often talk about my faves or why someone should or shouldn't win really they all deserve a cheer, a hug, a gift to remind them they count. i wonder what I may have become in life if someone believed in me. I had this dream that I would work as a pastor and help the underpriviledged. But no body really seems to want me. No one believed I could sing, act or preach. Maybe if someone just showed a little kindness I would be able to help more people - and I am thinking I need to show that kindness to these skaters to let them know they count regardless if they are a Hanyu or some skater who will be lucky to qualify to skate the freeskate. Those notes really do make a difference. So if it is going to encourage them or make a smile please throw that card or gift on the ice - keeping in mind not to hurt anyone else :) It might just brighten their day and push them on to great things not only on the ice but off. And isn't it nice we can encourage the skater and often help someone else who may not be having the best of time in the hospital or whatever.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regardless is the thought. I bring gifts for the non stars often with notes (the skaters who we won't see in the last flight. They are somebodys kid and kudos to them just to be at world's. I am sorry if people think I am a loser. I just think while we want the world title or to win there has to be something more than a medal. So while I often talk about my faves or why someone should or shouldn't win really they all deserve a cheer, a hug, a gift to remind them they count. i wonder what I may have become in life if someone believed in me. I had this dream that I would work as a pastor and help the underpriviledged. But no body really seems to want me. No one believed I could sing, act or preach. Maybe if someone just showed a little kindness I would be able to help more people - and I am thinking I need to show that kindness to these skaters to let them know they count regardless if they are a Hanyu or some skater who will be lucky to qualify to skate the freeskate. Those notes really do make a difference. So if it is going to encourage them or make a smile please throw that card or gift on the ice - keeping in mind not to hurt anyone else :) It might just brighten their day and push them on to great things not only on the ice but off. And isn't it nice we can encourage the skater and often help someone else who may not be having the best of time in the hospital or whatever.

That's so nice of you! I'm sure they appreciate it a lot! :)

Celine

On the Ice
Maia and Alex Shibutani apparently initiated and have helped coordinate the process by which gifts that skaters at Boston worlds receive, but are unable to bring back home with them, are being donated to the Boston Children's Hospital.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDg_Bzvwmzb/?taken-by=alexshibutani&hl=en
"As athletes it is a gift that we can pursue our dreams and perform for an audience. We truly appreciate your support, and all of the gifts that are thrown out onto the ice. Because of your generosity, it is sometimes not possible for the athletes to bring everything home. Therefore, a system will be in place at the TD Garden that will facilitate the donation and delivery of stuffed animals and gifts skaters have received to Boston Children's Hospital"