2016 Europeans Gala/Exhibition | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Gala/Exhibition

Lota

Record Breaker
EDIT: @CaroLiza_fan, woops, only now read your message correctly. Well, maybe everything happened so suddenly, so no chance to prepare for that?

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
My favorite part was when he said something like "not enough young people are watching skating on television"..and I was like "Well, if you would *broadcast* it every now and then..."
I think everybody watching that stream was thinking the same thing! What a thing to say, lol.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They did, TAT said they are sick, apparently fever?

No, you misunderstood me. I know Tatiana is sick.

I mean the organisers should have let Tomas do an actual routine in the Gala. Like, he was already there, and he had his skates with him! And he is very popular.

EDIT: Just saw the correction you posted while I was writing this. Yeah, you're probably right. Too late to arrange everything.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
No, you misunderstood me. I know Tatiana is sick.

I mean the organisers should have let Tomas do an actual routine in the Gala. Like, he was already there, and he had his skates with him! And he is very popular.

EDIT: Just saw the correction you posted while I was writing this. Yeah, you're probably right. Too late to arrange everything.

CaroLiza_fan

Yup, got that later, check my post above :laugh: Anyway, yeah, other than time and preparation issues, I don't see why they couldn't have done that. Just like I can't see why they couldn't have invited Kolyada and S/B.

estla

Rinkside
FINALE
- Single Ladies - Beyonce (Ladies)
- The way you make me feel - Michael Jackson (Ice Dancers)
- Don't stop me now - Queen (Pairs)
- Uptown funk - Bruno Mars (Men)

Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz
It's a long way to the top - AC/DC

Europeans know about music. The Finale song choice is superb!

Kutien

Final Flight
EC 2016 GALA PART I
1 Jozef SABOVCIK SVK Special Guest video
2 Nina LETENAYOVA SVK Junior Lady video
3 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA Pairs 5th video
4 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS Ice Dance 4th video
5 Maxim KOVTUN RUS Men 3rd video
6 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA Pairs 4th video
7 Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA Ladies 5th video
8 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK Ice Dance video
9 Michal BREZINA CZE Men 10th video
10 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA Ice Dance 2nd video
11 Elena RADIONOVA RUS Ladies 2nd video
12 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER Pairs 2nd video
13 Florent AMODIO FRA Men 4th video

EC 2016 GALA PART II
14 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK Ladies 12th video
15 Anna POGORILAYA RUS Ladies 3rd video
16 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR Ice Dance 6th video
17 Alexei BYCHENKO ISR Men 2nd video
18 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS Pairs 3rd video
19 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT Ladies 4th video
20 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS Ice Dance 3rd video
21 Ivan RIGHINI ITA Men 6th video
23 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS Ladies 1st video
24 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA Ice Dance 1st video
25 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP Men 1st video

GALA FINAL

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
So, just watched Gala on British Eurosport... and they did not show Medvedeva. Can you believe that?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So, just watched Gala on British Eurosport... and they did not show Medvedeva. Can you believe that?

Ye what?!

Eurosport showed her in the LIVE coverage, so I have no idea why they would cut her out of the replay! Like, she did win the thing after all!

Did they maybe think her shorts were too small or something?!

Yes, I'm plucking at straws here. Because I can't think of any sensible reason to leave her out!

Or, maybe it was because she fell, and they didn't want to show the new Champion of Europe having to gather herself off the ice.

Conspiracy theorists, it's all yours!

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
have to say that this was a helluva great Exhibition Show :cheer:!!!

The finale was amazing - Elena and Anna sure have sooome moves and men's 'Uptown funk' was just pure gold, all were great, but Ivan and Javier stole the show :love:

Really enjoyed Anna and Luca's EX, Anna's EX (why oh why she can't have such programs in competition?!), diva queen Elena, Aliona and Bruno, Angelina, LOVED programs-turned-exhibition from Gabriella and Guillaume and Javier (long live Mozart and Black Betty!)

looking forward to watch the whole thing again today :cheer:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice

I thought I missed it too !.
That is truly unbelievable. ONLY on /British Eurosport would they do this.
Yet they showed much lower ranked skaters but not her.
What is wrong with them ?.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Ye what?!

Eurosport showed her in the LIVE coverage, so I have no idea why they would cut her out of the replay! Like, she did win the thing after all!

Did they maybe think her shorts were too small or something?!

Yes, I'm plucking at straws here. Because I can't think of any sensible reason to leave her out!

Or, maybe it was because she fell, and they didn't want to show the new Champion of Europe having to gather herself off the ice.

Conspiracy theorists, it's all yours!

CaroLiza_fan
well imo its all b/c she dared to use smth in her own language not
I put a spell on ya or another feeling good

I hope she keeps it for Worlds! & encourages ppl to use songs from their own countries
Like Angel probc could chose some Latvian singer
I bet they have smth good!

Imo Eurovision lost me when they allowed everyone sing in English which made the comp bland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
well imo its all b/c she dared to use smth in her own language not
I put a spell on ya or another feeling good

I hope she keeps it for Worlds! & encourages ppl to use songs from their own countries
Like Angel probc could chose some Latvian singer
I bet they have smth good!

Imo Eurovision lost me when they allowed everyone sing in English which made the comp bland

Nah, I don't think they cut her out because of the song. Because they showed her the last time she did that routine.

No, I think it was edited out of the replays to avoid showing her fall to a wider audience. Because, it could be construed to be embarassing to have one of the Champions falling in the Gala.

Totally agree with you about Eurovision, though. I prefer it when they sing in their own language.

In fact, when the songs have native and English versions, I usually prefer the native language version. You can see that the singers are connecting more with the song when it is in their own language. And it makes the performance better.

By the way, I find it interesting that every year, my favourite songs tend to come from the same countries. And Russia and Azerbaijan are ALWAYS amongst them! Even more interesting is that I hardly ever like the song that wins (or the British entry...)

Oh, and I probably shouldn't admit this, but usually my favourite from at least one of the Semis doesn't get though to the Final. And it really angers me, because a pile of joke acts do get through.

I should add, though: I haven't got round to watching last year's contest yet, and have been doing very well in avoiding anything that might give away the results.

So, don't be giving anything away!

CaroLiza_fan