What's your top 5 of Euro 2016? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's your top 5 of Euro 2016?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
1. Kuchvalska of course! She is the only who get standing ovation. Of course, this effect is dull crowd when the last FS seems better than others. No wonder how many people here say about her, instead of Russian girls. But anyway she outshone them all!
2. Papadikis/Czerion their free dance was incredible.
3. Amodio Ice Wizard
4. Denis Vasilievs - just wow
5. Giada Russo's free Skate

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
edit
wrong thread sorryyyy:slink:

Last edited:

russell30

Final Flight
IS it ok, if i do 5 best from each discipline, like most of your sentiments was one of the best Europeans for some time, great venue, packed audiences, it has put skating back on the map in Europe.

Ice Dance:

1) P/C - FD - Just wow, great skating and what a lovely Free Dance for the second year in a row, are we looking at the next Torvill & Dean?? - Beautiful, just need to work on the short dance for Boston, as some of the other top couples are better in that area?

2) C/L - SD - Wow just love this SD from Anna & Luca, it suits them well, and they nailed it there - they deserved to win that short dance gold medal.

3) B/S - FD - Like some people, was emotional. They nailed that free dance and glad they came second in that dance, wonderful. I loved it..best free dance they have done along with there 2013 FD.

4) G/F - FD - Just love that Free Danec from Charlene and Marco, full of emotion and attack.. great job.

5) S/K - SD - Just a great SD from them, love the Swan Lake, I would have had them 3rd in that dance.

Pairs:

1) S/M - SP - What a great team with great potential, they surpassed my expectations and made the competition interesting after the russian withdrawals.

2) DM/G - SP - Lovely SP to Mina - loved it ..loved it... great routine..

3) V/T - FS - Slightly preferred there free program, has potential to be stronger...but great to see them back.

4) J/C - FS - Again enjoyed there FS, so strong technically

5) M/H - Just for being them - great personalities.. light up the event especially Valentina..

Mens:

1) Bychenko - Loved his SP to 'All Alone' never been a huge fan of his, but he was my top guy here!! just loved the music and routine.

2) Denis Vassiljevs - SP & FS- WOw his spinning loved him......

3) Javi - SP - Great SP, program suits him very well..love it.. glad he got the 4th title.

4) Florent - FS - WOW! I was emotional too - too much ground to make up, BUT he should have got the bronze NO, even Silver for me, PCS was so strong!! should have been 90..

5) Jorik - SP - love Josh groburn "You raise me up' and he skated to it brilliantly - made my night...

Ladies:

1) Medvedeva - FS - Just love that FS, YES despite the 2A was top notch, GREAT.....

2) Radionova - SP - that's the best SP out there for me in the ladies this year, great choice from her...Loved it Elena - should have won that SP.

3) A Galustyan - SP - Loved that SP - did I miss something with the judges, were they << or was it the levels.. but I loved that SP, we all thought she did very well until the scores came up...

4) V Lindfors - FS - Viveca for me put finnish skating back in the limelight... she was just so wonderful, excellent skating skills, lovely program, I hope she gets stronger and can do what Kiira, Laura and Susanna achieved.

5) Fleur Maxwell - special mention to Fleur because I have been watching her since that brilliant SP she did way back in 2005, and this year I thought she was awesome, her edge work was BEAUTIFUL, her choreography brilliant - this is when it makes me mad that there should be a big difference between TES and PCS, Fleur should be 8's and 9's in PCS - but a mention for sticking in the game...and looking so good this year..

HUGE clap of hands to the audiences that made it so good particularly the night sessions:cheer2:

and the skaters for performing so well after all the training and hard work, glad most of them were injury free!!:luv17:

Last edited:

viennaskater

Medalist
1 Florent Amodio FP - enough said, except that "the old Flo is back - and what do you know? he's retiring!" :(
2 Volosozhar/Trankov FP - once again, this couple perform magic, and evoke pure passion on the ice.
3 Javier Fernandez FP - a phenomenal showman and always a breath of fresh air.
4 Danilova/Kamianchuk FP - love the interpretation of the wonderful music, with a virtually clean skate!
5 Angelina Kuchvalska LP - should have finished third - what a performance.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
1. Papadikis/Czerion FD (first time I've seen it, so it was fresh)
2. Evgenia Medvedeva FS
3. Volosozhar/Trankov FS
4. Elena Radionova FS
5. Laurine Lecavelier FS

I'd list Kuchvalska, but I didn't like the music...

voolfee

On the Ice
1. Volosozhar/Trankov SP & LP
2. Elena Radionova SP & LP & Ex
3. Papadakis/Cizeron FD
4. Giada Russo LP
5. Bobrova/Soloviev FD

MIM

Medalist
1. P/C FD
2. Giada SP+LP
3. B/S FD