2016 Euros - NBC Coverage | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Euros - NBC Coverage

tinlizzie

Final Flight
It was nice to see the skaters on a big TV rather than my iPad. I could see the sparkles on Eugenia's tights:)

GF2445

Record Breaker
The real shame is how CBC still chooses not to cover it! :furious:

Looks like we have coverage of all 4 disciplines, even two free dances? Guess ladies will be reduced to mostly the Russians.

Canada prefers to show Junior Worlds over Europeans.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yes.

Also, remember that coverage has expanded a little.

Mens and Ladies SP
Pairs FS and Ice Dance FD are all shown on Universal HD

Men's and Ladies FS are on NBC

annzee703

Rinkside
I didn't watch all of Europeans. But someone...please explain how Anna P maintained her 3rd place. Those were some awful spills.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I didn't watch all of Europeans. But someone...please explain how Anna P maintained her 3rd place. Those were some awful spills.
Her previous scores were about 100. In a couple of errors in her programs. She improved the record by almost 15 points. And if even more, given that with her skating skills which are very weak - it would have been a bust. And then, Angelina - half Russian and speak Russian as her mother. We can assume that 4 Russian girls won all four seats. So I think they are all pleased.

But I was upset too. As always I am rooting against the Russians, but it turned out that Angelina one of them. What a disappointment. :slink:

Last edited:

Marth

Rinkside
The commentary was much more bearable than Nationals. They were more quiet (or maybe I just tuned them out completely). I hope Tanith helps us get more Ice Dance coverage.

Kittosuni

Medalist

A fall is -1 whether it be a nasty one or a simple one and i think importantly both jumps she fell on were fully rotated.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Pogorilaya had a 5 point lead over Kuchvalska going into the free.

Also, Kuchvalska had two UR triples and an easier program with a lower base value.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just saw some of the videos uploaded on your YouTube channel (thanks!). I feel sorry for Pogorilaya because the view YouTube chose to feature is her sliding on the ice on her side. :p

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Anna was 4 points ahead after the SP. She fell twice in her FS, but she made rotation on both her falls and hit her 3-3 and 3-1-3 quite nicely. Angelina landed all her jumps, but her program was very front-loaded, she repeated 3t and 3s (versus 3lz and 3lo for Anna) and she got 2 UR calls. Also, she was slower across the ice and lost some levels in the spins and step sequence. Even despite this, her score was a huge step up for her, as she received 118 points for her FS and her previous season best (and personal best) FS score was only 108. Angelina got a nice boost from her usual PCS for skating so well, she never got a 58 in PCS before and she wasn't that far behind Anna who got 62 in PCS. Anna actually had a higher TES in the FS than Angelina (62 vs 59) so in the end it wasn't that surprising Anna beat her by around 10 points. Angelina wasn't really robbed score wise, as the scores she got were way higher than she ever received before. And Anna's mistakes did effect her PCS where she was 5 points behind Radionova.

I'm sure if Angelina continues to skate so well her scores will rise.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
But I was upset too. As always I am rooting against the Russians, but it turned out that Angelina one of them. What a disappointment. :slink:
seems my ignore list needs an update
thx:dance2:

Did they show SinKats guys???
edit: yep found the vid.

Last edited:

SoundtracksOnIce

On the Ice
Johnny Weir cracked me up with his disgust over the Latvian or Lithuanian skater who mixed Romeo & Juliet with a tango. He should have heard Elvis Stojko's Last of the Mohicans blend with Frogs In Space!