2016 Four Continents Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Short Dance

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Wow. I think this is the first time I saw an ice dance team where the girl is basically the same height as the guy.

Also, I hope the crowd grows as the event progresses :agree:

GF2445

Record Breaker
I hope so too. In saying that the arena is never filled for the Ice Dance event.
Wait for the men's and ladies, especially the free program.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THEY WERE GREAT :love:

Never competed as Seniors before. EVER. Not even at Nationals. So proud of them!

Didn't realise it was their first ever Senior competition. I assumed they had at Nationals.

Wow! That is a lot of pressure, making your debut at a major ISU Championship.

But, they coped with it brilliantly. In fact, it looked like they took it in their stride!

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oops, they tripped over each other. :slink:

This song reminds me of a wedding I went to this summer and that reminds me of Glacier Falls because I was keeping up with the Glacier Falls results throughout the wedding because they were at the same time, and that sets off a whole other train of thought about how Gracie skated well there, and I hope she can skate well here too, and...wow, I got MAJORLY distracted.

IceNetwork is working now! This girl's dress is pretty.

auser

Record Breaker
Commentators in the Youtube stream are very good at explaining all the details, but I would prefer if they could talk after the performance is over. Camera is all over the place at times, but overall very good quality stream!

Thank you. I was wondering what they were saying.:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Into first. They look disappointed. This next team's costumes are very cool; she looks very classy and he looks like...well, I have no idea what. A robot in a tux?

Wow, neat lift. This girl is insanely flexible.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well Karne...not bad at all considering skating Jr all year and having to whip up a short dance to meet Sr tempo and requirements!!!

I know, right! *puffs up proudly*

Didn't Friend and Badoui compete on the JGP this season? If so, good for them for learning a whole new pattern for the back half of the season. (Then again, maybe I'm remembering them from SLC? I know I've seen them).

I love that her name is Matilda, they're dancing a waltz, and they're from Australia. Also, I love the giant kangaroo in the K&C.

Yep, JGP, Junior at Nationals, and will be off to Junior Worlds after this.

I guess they weren't tempted to go there! Also, Waltzing Matilda is, um, not really meant to be a waltz. Though it was done once before!

Is it just me, or does Will look a lot younger than Matilda? (I know he's not - he's a year older than her).

They both have quite baby faces in real life ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
If the Kazakhstani team can get a level 3 partial step, they may be able to get the minimum for the SD for worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

For the SD, 29.00 points is the benchmark for worlds

Layback11

Record Breaker
I like this team! Will they be at worlds?

Aww, barely missed the TES minimum. :sad21:

Last edited:

peese

Medalist
When I saw this teams season best as 68.28 I was like what???? But they posted their FD score by mistake. Still a nice team!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
OMG TES for the Kazakh team is so close... I hope they go over... :drama:

Edit: TES went down... must have lost a level somewhere...

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!!! :jaw:

I thought Guangyao XIANG was Denis Ten, when they showed that close-up when they were in position!

His face is so like Denis' it was freaky!

CaroLiza_fan

Laurelise

On the Ice
The Kazakh couple were very nice. I loved their outfits (very classy), their music, and their program overall.

This second Chinese team looks a bit... workmanlike. Like they're thinking through all the steps and not quite getting the character of the music.