2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream

ice coverage

Record Breaker

peese

Medalist
I've been reading all the information about the livestreams and coverages, and first I have to say a big thank you to everyone who posted a stream here!

I will be planning to watch the ladies FS live. I'm wondering about this: I think both the Kazsport and CBC streams work for me, but I haven't tried them at this competition yet. I read the comments about them and some of them said that Kazsport has meh quality and CBC is a bit late. Can someone tell me (from their own experiences here in this event) which stream is better than the other? Thanks.

Well randomfan.....last night the kaz stream was lovely and eventually a mess. Would stream 10 sec and stop. I have cbc on now and it is crystal clear with great audio. Fingers crossed.

randomfan

Record Breaker
KazSport will not have live streaming of the Ladies FS. It will have delayed streaming of the Ladies FS.
I posted a reminder in the Ladies FS thread.

(And KazSport will have no streaming at all of the Pairs FS.)

Well randomfan.....last night the kaz stream was lovely and eventually a mess. Would stream 10 sec and stop. I have cbc on now and it is crystal clear with great audio. Fingers crossed.

I see. Thanks golden411icecoverage and peese!

pandatours

On the Ice
Was hoping to find a stream in time for pairs FS but it doesn't seem like there are any options out there right now.:scratch2: Time to invest in a VPN I think...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
ETA:

Oooops, I see now that I overlooked :hopelessness: the key words -- "Sunday night" -- in NBC's releaset:

NBCSN presents coverage of the men’s free skate Sunday night, Feb. 21, at midnight ET.

My apologies to NBC and to those in this thread.​

Well, it doesn't help that NBC helped continue the (possible) confusion today by saying:

https://youtu.be/72Hia4kSdjA?t=1949

"We'll be back with you tomorrow at midnight for the Men's free skate..."

I would not assume, at 5:55 PM ET Saturday, that 'tomorrow' would mean Monday... I would assume that 'tomorrow' would mean Sunday?

Anyhow, the NBCSN broadcast begins at the stroke of midnight on Monday, the 22nd. That's tomorrow (and today is Sunday for me.) ;)

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Well, that is promising. So if the Dutch commentators and the German commentators said they will be showing it, I would say that it's a fair bet that it will be shown across the continent on Eurosport!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

However, I should issue a warning. The Welsh Open snooker starts the day before 4 Continents. And the Lahti Games for the various Nordic skiing disciplines are on those days as well. And there is Alpine skiing for the Men in France, and for the Women in Italy.

So, there mightn't be much room in the schedules for figure skating. :disapp:

Unless of course they decide to treat us and have LIVE coverage of the skating early in the morning before these events in Europe start...! ;) :biggrin:

Fingers crossed...!!!

CaroLiza_fan
Do you know if tonight's programme is the Men's free & the Gala or just the men's free ?.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Do you know if tonight's programme is the Men's free & the Gala or just the men's free ?.

The description on the Sky EPG doesn't give anything away. But, I when I was looking up the schedules on the various Eurosport websites, one of the foreign versions said it would contain both.

But, I just checked again and see that those detailed descriptions are now gone. :bang:

That said, with the programme being 1h 30m, I can't see them giving over that amount of time for the Men's FS, when they didn't for any other segment of the Championships.

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
The description on the Sky EPG doesn't give anything away. But, I when I was looking up the schedules on the various Eurosport websites, one of the foreign versions said it would contain both.

But, I just checked again and see that those detailed descriptions are now gone. :bang:

That said, with the programme being 1h 30m, I can't see them giving over that amount of time for the Men's FS, when they didn't for any other segment of the Championships.

CaroLiza_fan
Thanks.
Eurosport was a little strange last night not showing Gracie's FS so I would not be shocked if they devoted the entire programme to the men's free :(