2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents TV & Livestream

LadyB

Record Breaker
The ISU eurovisionchannel seems to be working and broadcasting live coverage in Europe. Other than that we're only left with whatever Eurosport throws at us and searching YouTube for whatever videos are coming in. Best of luck to all!:popcorn:

Himawari

Rinkside
Hello everyone!
Detailed schedule for kazsport (UTC+6). All is live except ladies free program.
Thursday 18th February
9:50 - 12:35 Short Dance
13:40 - 17:55 Ladies Short
Friday 19th February
11:20 - 14:35 Free Dance
15:20 - 19:40 Men's Short
Saturday 20th Febuary
19:00 - 22:00 Ladies Free
Sunday 21st February
9:50 - 14:25 Men Free
15:50 - 18:10 Gala
Last year chinese channel CCTV5 cover the event, I hope they will do it this year too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC/Universal HD / NBCSN Schedule
All times Eastern

2/18/2016 3:00 PM 4:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Ladies Short
2/19/2016 12:30 PM 1:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Free Dance
2/19/2016 1:30 PM 2:30 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Short
2/20/2016 6:00 PM 7:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating Pairs Free
Sat. Feb. 20 2-4 Four Continents NBC
2/21/2016 11:00 PM 12:00 AM NBCSN Four Continents Figure Skating Men's Free
2/26/2016 12:00 PM 2:00 PM Universal HD Four Continents Figure Skating NBC re-air

Some revisions (underlined below) are in the NBC/Universal/NBCSN schedule from USFS press release today http://usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=51837&type=media:

(All times Eastern; subject to change; check local listings)

Feb. 18 Ladies short program 3-4 p.m. Universal HD

Feb. 19 Free dance, men's short program 12:30-2:30 p.m. Universal HD

Feb. 20 Pairs free skate Noon-1 p.m. Universal HD

Feb. 20 2016 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 4-6 p.m. NBC

Feb. 21 Men's free skate Midnight-1 a.m. NBCSN

Feb. 26 2016 Four Continents Championships: NBC Encore Noon-2 p.m. Universal HD​

(Note: The schedule at the link below appears to not have been updated since Feb 8, and it differs from the one published today by USFS:

ETA, just dawned upon me that the NBC telecast will air before the Men's FS has taken place. :(

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
ETA, just dawned upon me that the NBC telecast will air before the Men's FS has taken place. :(

Men's FS airing on cable overnight on Monday morning (should be Feb 22nd?)... :palmf: Abysmal TV ratings guaranteed.

On the bright side, we get 3 hours of total coverage between NBC & NBCSN. And the 2-hour NBC broadcast (without a completed Men's event yet) is bound to have 'unusual' coverage, probably some Dance and Pairs included. Some short programs too, I'd imagine.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Men's FS airing on cable overnight on Monday morning (should be Feb 22nd?)... :palmf: Abysmal TV ratings guaranteed.

On the bright side, we get 3 hours of total coverage between NBC & NBCSN. And the 2-hour NBC broadcast (without a completed Men's event yet) is bound to have 'unusual' coverage, probably some Dance and Pairs included. Some short programs too, I'd imagine.

I don't feel sure whether the USFS release is mistaken or not re the date of the NBCSN hour -- although I think chances are that you are right that USFS meant to say Feb 22.

If(?) "Feb. 21 Men's free skate Midnight-1 a.m." is correct, it presumably would be live coverage.
In local Taipei time, the Men's FS starts on 21.02.2016 at 12:00:00. (Meaning 12 noon.)
But it would seem weird to have live coverage that is not timed to include the skaters in the final group ...

ETA:
What the NBC release says well above the schedule charts: "NBCSN will air coverage of the men's free skate Sunday, Feb. 21 at midnight (ET)."
But I do agree that maybe NBC intended to say Monday, Feb 22??​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
cbcsports.ca schedule - Times in EST / Schedule is subject to change without notice:

Fri Feb 19 12:20 AM CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - Ice Dance Free Program + Awards Ceremony

Sat Feb 20
1:20 AM CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - Pairs Free Program + Awards Ceremony
4:50 AM CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - Women's Free Program + Awards Ceremony
4:00 PM ROAD TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES: Four Continents Figure Skating Championships - Dance and Pairs Free Programs
10:50 PM CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - Men's Free Program + Awards Ceremony​

Sun Feb 21 4:50 AM CHAMPIONSHIP FIGURE SKATING ON CBC: Four Continents - Gala​

CBC Television schedule - Times in EST / Schedule is subject to change without notice:

Sat Feb 20 4:00 PM ROAD TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES: Four Continents Figure Skating Championships - Dance and Pairs Free Programs​

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/broadcast

Last edited:

jessicaandpaul

Rinkside
I do not get to watch every Eurosport in my country, don't I? So does every other viewer in Europe. So there is no need to tell me what Germany or France viewers are getting to see. I am tired of playing with VPN and security of my PC every single time I want to watch figure skating competitions. If Eurosport covers the event it should offer a detailed program for every country. And ISU should really think more about people around the world to get free internet coverage on their channel if they want this sport to be popular.

I just quit my Eurosport (UK) subscription. I cited poor figure skating coverage as my reason for quitting. Let's hope that everyone who feels the same way leaves similar feedback and that one day Eurosport will implement some changes! Hubby also sent in a complaint email to them, although they probably don't read those. :(

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Other than that we're only left with whatever Eurosport throws at us and searching YouTube for whatever videos are coming in. Best of luck to all!:popcorn:
There are the Kazsport streams. See himawari's post just below yours for the schedule and goldenfour411icecoverage's post a bit above yours for a stream link on page 3. Also thanks for the ISU Eurovision channel suggestion. I hope it works here in Latvia for once (it didn't before when it should have worked).

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Any working streams (not geo blocked) for short program?
I thought CBC would show them online, but they only show the long programs.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes, thankfully the Taiwanese stream works like a charm, and perfect quality!
A big BOO to Eurovision. :-(

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
There are the Kazsport streams. See himawari's post just below yours for the schedule and goldenfour411icecoverage's post a bit above yours for a stream link on page 3. Also thanks for the ISU Eurovision channel suggestion. I hope it works here in Latvia for once (it didn't before when it should have worked).

Great stuff, cheers. There is also a Taiwanese one I've watched this morning, to be found at http://soyouwanttowatchfigureskating.tumblr.com/. The link Free, non-blocked YouTube streams for all of 4CC. Works brilliantly, is just blocked in my office. The Eurovision channel does not work with my oldish iMac, but it works in the office.
Enjoyed the Shibs and WeaPo already! :)

iamchrislao

On the Ice

Pamigena

Record Breaker
A big BOO to Eurovision. :-(
It's really good to know that they don't seem to have a problem to gain new viewers and are therefore comfortable enough to repel those who would already like to watch :sarcasm: such a luxury problem

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I didn't realize the Taiwanese youtube livestreams were also being archived. Wonderful to be able to catch up with the skaters I missed earlier today!