2016 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Free Dance

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
It's amazing...so many ads in Japanese! (I don't speak Chinese, but I know it's taking place in Taiwan, so it feels kinda weird to hear Japanese ads). I don't really follow Japanese ice dance, and saw Hirai/de la Asuncion for the first time. Can anybody explain to me why their score is so low? They seem pretty competent, though I don't feel much chemistry between them.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
This arena music is amazing. K-pop yesterday and 90s boy bands today? I think I'm moving to Taipei, guys.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I actually did switch off the music, because Eurosport 2 is showing a recap of yesterday's events right now, and I much prefered the Japanese ladies' music. :biggrin:
Satoko's cut is amazing. :luv17: But I don't like Kana's music, Roxanne just makes my ears bleed, sorry.:sad4:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't really follow Japanese ice dance, and saw Hirai/de la Asuncion for the first time. Can anybody explain to me why their score is so low? They seem pretty competent, though I don't feel much chemistry between them.

I was confused about that too. I thought they were better than their scores, and de la Asuncion obviously thought so too. It made me wonder if I am just deluding myself that I know anything at all about ice dance.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Between being nervous for the Shibs and H/D and trying to stay awake I have a serious case of the munchies. Nachos and beer at 1:00 am, watching skating is so not healthy.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Between being nervous for the Shibs and H/D and trying to stay awake I have a serious case of the munchies. Nachos and beer at 1:00 am, watching skating is so not healthy.

Same struggles. Just got home from my run and now debating uncorking a bottle of wine and breaking out the popcorn. No work tomorrow either. :slink:

auser

Record Breaker

What is on your nachos? Sometimes, being nervous makes me want to munch also. Please excuse the food voyeurism :laugh:.

Last edited:

thoakun

Final Flight
I was confused about that too. I thought they were better than their scores, and de la Asuncion obviously thought so too. It made me wonder if I am just deluding myself that I know anything at all about ice dance.

De la Asuncion was apparently dumbstruck at their scores, and he looked to his coach, who only shrugged. It seems like none of them knew what went wrong. Although they were not good, it must be frustrating to not know why you did bad.

peese

Medalist

I'm having wine and toast with peanut butter! Yours makes alot more sense! Anyone staying up for the men?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

I know, the Shibs are still a way off and I'm on my second glass of wine already :popcorn::biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
And we're back with the next group of skaters :cheer: It's currently 11PM where I am, and I have school tomorrow :palmf: But I really want to watch the last group...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Wake up just in time for group 3 :)

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

Enjoying an Elysian Men's Room over here. :agree: