2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The camera angles and director choices for 4CC has left a lot to be desired. I got sidetracked during the sbs spins trying to figure out what that blob was in the bottom of the shot (a judge's bald head).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not all French Canadians... but if you see two French surnames, it's a good chance it's from Quebec....

it has to do with two social policies/trends

1) marriage is not really happening anymore so parents give both their names

2) women keep their maiden name even after marriage, so another incentive to give children both names.
Ah. Didn't realise that was the background to the long surname. I just thought it was a posh double-barrelled name. :laugh:

So, French Canadians do like the Spanish and Portuguese then. I'm happy to hear that. I always liked the tradition of honouring both parents.

Mmmm. Francis and Sumire are considerably behind the Koreans on TES.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
caroliza

now... maxime is also from quebec... he doesn't have two surnames... but you can tell he is from quebec since he is dark and sexy :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
3 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS (CAN)

Music: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, Dona Julia, I Was Born In Mexico, Arabia by Michael Kamen

Black sparkly dress / red vest, white shirt, black pants

3Tw - low, wonky catch
3TTh - (almost) hand down
5RLi
3S - she fell (ur?)
PCoSp3p
2T+2T
5ALi - bit strained entry
FCCoSp3p
3STh - twofoot, stepout
3Li
ChSq
FiDs

Lots of little mistakes, they are generally clunky looking pair

FS: 47.86+51.89-1.00 = 98.75, 148.82, 2/3

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
not all French Canadians... but if you see two French surnames, it's a good chance it's from Quebec....

it has to do with two social policies

2) women keep their maiden name even after marriage, so another incentive to give children both names.

For real? That is interesting.

Giselle

Medalist
Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU AUDET and Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS did not look secure in the lifts.

I hope Gauthier and Marcotte will put emphasis on the lifts during the off-season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah.. she hasn't recovered.... we really miss Seguin Bilodeau tonight... and of course... D/R sigh
I was wondering why we sent these guys instead of MT/M2. Possibly because Kirsten still hasn't recovered from being flung onto the ice instead of up on that infamous twist.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

it has to do with two social policies/trends

Very interesting. Thank you so much for that info. :bow: :clap: :points:

You know, it never ceases to amaze me the things you find out on this forum! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
3 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS (CAN)

Music: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, Dona Julia, I Was Born In Mexico, Arabia by Michael Kamen

Black sparkly dress / red vest, white shirt, black pants

3Tw - low, wonky catch
3TTh - (almost) hand down
5RLi
3S - she fell (ur?)
PCoSp3p
2T+2T
5ALi - bit strained entry
FCCoSp3p
3STh - twofoot, stepout
3Li
ChSq
FiDs

Lots of little mistakes, they are generally clunky looking pair

Thank you for your excellent pbp posts, especially since there are fewer streams available to watch PF :bow::thank:.