2016 Four Continents Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Mens SP

deedee1

Record Breaker
Battle for the title should be among Patrick, Denis and Max. :yes: Personally I would not mind at all an upset by either Shoma, Boyang or Takahito. :biggrin: I will always root for veterans and underdogs. ;)

Good luck to all boys! esp to Keiji, Grant and Ross! :cheer::cheer:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Battle for the title should be among Patrick, Denis and Max. :yes: Personally I would not mind at all an upset by either Shoma, Boyang or Takahito. :biggrin: I will always root for veterans and underdogs. ;)

Good luck to all boys! esp to Keiji, Grant and Ross! :cheer::cheer:

So.. how did you counted it that battle for the win should be between Patrick, Denis and Max and not Patrick, Denis and Shoma who scored way higher than Max this season ?;) Even Jin has higher chances

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max Aaron is the real 2016 US Champion according to the ISU :

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010531.htm

My guess is they might have had a fantasy rejudging in Lausannes at one meeting and decided to keep their results as officials without telling the USFSA.

ISU knows what's real. :agree: Maybe the person who was entering the results watched the programs only without scores and went, "Well, duh! Obviously Max won."

So.. how did you counted it that battle for the win should be between Patrick, Denis and Max and not Patrick, Denis and Shoma who scored way higher than Max this season ?;) Even Jin has higher chances

Love that you conveniently choose to forget that Max has beaten both Shoma and Denis this season.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Too bad Denis had an injury. I hope it's nothing serious though, really wish to see him in Boston. I've been hoping for a beautiful fight for the 4CC gold in Men's field. :(

deedee1

Record Breaker

Of course based on my pure love for golden, karne and all other Max fans in the world. ;);)

As for Shoma and Boyang, they didn't win any big titles yet on the senior circuit yet. They lack in experience to deliver two clean skates when it counts. That's my take. May win here, with some help from other seniors not doing very well, though.
It's their first season on the senior. What they should do this season is attack, attack and attack. May end up crash-n-burn, but still they can learn a lot through a defeat(s). They will have many more opportunities, say, 102,159 times, to prove themselves and climb to the very top in the coming years.

As I said, I am a huge supporter for veterans. :yes: Who's the oldest? .....checking.... oh no, :drama: too many. :laugh: Gooo Patrick, Kevin, Nan Song, Takahito, Grant and Ross!!! :cheer:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's Patrick's to lose with Denis out of the game. He's been looking good in practice reports.

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
Patrick is still a bit rusty. I hope he does well and keeps improving, but it's okay if he takes some risks and has a few mistakes.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Of course based on my pure love for golden, karne and all other Max fans in the world. ;);)

As for Shoma and Boyang, they didn't win any big titles yet on the senior circuit yet. They lack in experience to deliver two clean skates when it counts. That's my take. May win here, with some help from other seniors not doing very well, though.
It's their first season on the senior. What they should do this season is attack, attack and attack. May end up crash-n-burn, but still they can learn a lot through a defeat(s). They will have many more opportunities, say, 102,159 times, to prove themselves and climb to the very top in the coming years.

As I said, I am a huge supporter for veterans. :yes: Who's the oldest? .....checking.... oh no, :drama: too many. :laugh: Gooo Patrick, Kevin, Nan Song, Takahito, Grant and Ross!!! :cheer:

On behalf of karne and all Max fans, many thanks to you, deedee :ghug:.

Fingers crossed that Max will have two clean skates, and will hold his own against the young -- and formidable -- Shoma and Boyang.

Hope that every man skates well :yay:.
As deedee says, so many guys to like all at once ... Han (the only returning medalist), Patrick, Takahito, Ross, Grant, Brendan, etc., etc., etc.

(Sorry that Denis and Josh aren't here this year.)

ETA:
Ooooops, so sorry that I forgot to mention Liam. Go, Liam :yay:.
And Kevin, too.
But I really, really hope Liam will have a good competition here, before heading off to his first Worlds :).​

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

YES! Go Kevin! This is the first time in 2 years that I'm actually 100% excited and no ounce of nerves for Kevin! Though that could change tomorrow night.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't tell you how much I wish I were able to be at this years worlds as they're in the US. Anyway, as a huge Patrick fan, I'm actually sad to see Denis Withdraw. There's nothing like strong competition to get the blood flowing. I had always "hoped" that Max would medal and without Denis, I kind of expect him to. Has anyone heard how he's looking? Also want to give a shout out to Kevin Reynolds of Canada. Another big jumping veteran. Lastly, I'd like to see Ross and Grant skate well. Though I don't expect to see them on the podium, I do hope to see them in final flight.

Good luck and great skating to everyone.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I can't tell you how much I wish I were able to be at this years worlds as they're in the US. Anyway, as a huge Patrick fan, I'm actually sad to see Denis Withdraw. There's nothing like strong competition to get the blood flowing. I had always "hoped" that Max would medal and without Denis, I kind of expect him to. Has anyone heard how he's looking? Also want to give a shout out to Kevin Reynolds of Canada. Another big jumping veteran. Lastly, I'd like to see Ross and Grant skate well. Though I don't expect to see them on the podium, I do hope to see them in final flight.

Good luck and great skating to everyone.

Patrick still has plenty of stiff competition. Shoma is the GPF bronze medalist and a magical leprechaun (you know-short, wears green, attracts gold :biggrin:), and he has gorgeous running edge out of jumps. Boyang is trying six quads, is pretty consistent, and the only current man who has ever done a clean 4Lz. Plus there's Max, who lands multiple quads in most competitons and is pretty consistent, and Han Yan, who's a returning medalist, and probably more I'm forgetting. So Patrick has competition for sure, even if it's mainly from new seniors. And also Max, of course.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Patrick still has plenty of stiff competition. Shoma is the GPF bronze medalist and a magical leprechaun (you know-short, wears green, attracts gold :biggrin:), and he has gorgeous running edge out of jumps. Boyang is trying six quads, is pretty consistent, and the only current man who has ever done a clean 4Lz. Plus there's Max, who lands multiple quads in most competitons and is pretty consistent, and Han Yan, who's a returning medalist, and probably more I'm forgetting. So Patrick has competition for sure, even if it's mainly from new seniors. And also Max, of course.

How is Han Yan doing this season. I do remember him from last year but, don't think I've seen him since. Isn't he the Frank Sinatra Guy? I still think Max is hungry to prove that HE should have been the US Champion and will be out to make statement. Still, my biggest worry is an unfortunate injury happening to any of the competitors so close to Worlds.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
How is Han Yan doing this season. I do remember him from last year but, don't think I've seen him since. Isn't he the Frank Sinatra Guy? I still think Max is hungry to prove that HE should have been the US Champion and will be out to make statement. Still, my biggest worry is an unfortunate injury happening to any of the competitors so close to Worlds.

Han has had a rough gp season, underwhelming performances. did much better at the national winter games- landed a quad and both 3As in fs, one fall on a solo jump. Pretty good considering the altitude there- better trained maybe?
Max needs to beat Jin, Yan, and Mura to really be in a strong position for worlds. If Jin goes clean in the fs, he'll be well above even if he gets low pcs. Max has very similar PBs as Yan and Mura though, so it'll be close if the three skate similarly well.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Han has had a rough gp season, underwhelming performances. did much better at the national winter games- landed a quad and both 3As in fs, one fall on a solo jump. Pretty good considering the altitude there- better trained maybe?
Max needs to beat Jin, Yan, and Mura to really be in a strong position for worlds. If Jin goes clean in the fs, he'll be well above even if he gets low pcs. Max has very similar PBs as Yan and Mura though, so it'll be close if the three skate similarly well.

I'm sending Han all my good wishes for another podium placement here. -And better programs next year. :biggrin: