2016 Four Continents Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Mens SP

LadyB

Record Breaker
Good luck to all the lads tomorrow! I'm rooting for Patrick, but I really like watching Shoma and I like Boyang's high jumps. However, I think he needs to improve his movements with the music. I've got an unexplained weak spot for Ross. Really excited for the event, if my nerves survive the FD! :dance2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Good luck to all the lads tomorrow! I'm rooting for Patrick, but I really like watching Shoma and I like Boyang's high jumps. However, I think he needs to improve his movements with the music. I've got an unexplained weak spot for Ross. Really excited for the event, if my nerves survive the FD! :dance2:

This is the best way to enjoy a competition - appreciating and enjoying each skater's best attribute(s). :agree: Hopefully without the nerves. :console:

Good luck to Patrick! :ghug:

He should be fine with pure magic backing him. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dear skating gods, please tonight bless those I love, and let them skate cleanly and to the fullest of their ability. Please tonight smile upon Andrew so that the world may see what I have seen. Please tonight help Brendan to execute everything to his finest that the judges may not deny him the scores he should get. And please tonight bless my Max, that he may show the world what he is capable of, that he may show everyone how wrong they have been, that he may get the scores he too deserves.

Thankyou, Plushenchrist, and amen.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Dear Max, I have been feeling a bit down following the Ladies SP. If there's anything you can do to brighten the mood here in rainy California, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.

Mr. Rice

mrrice

Record Breaker
Phew! Thanks for the heads up!

Now, I am confused. You all know I adore my Australian boys so it's nothing to do with that but, uhm, why is Brendan in group 1 and Andrew in group 2? Did they play swapsies or something?

I don't know but "Swapsies" is my new favorite word. :agree:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.... Now, I am confused. You all know I adore my Australian boys so it's nothing to do with that but, uhm, why is Brendan in group 1 and Andrew in group 2? Did they play swapsies or something?

I don't think the rules permit swapsies. ;)

The explanation is how the draws for ISU Championships are conducted.
Mrs. P is the expert on how the draws work. I learned a lot from reading her posts.

Disclaimer that I am oversimplifying, but in broad strokes:
The first step is to divide the entire field into two halves.
The Skate Earlier half includes any skaters who have no ISU World Standings points, plus skaters who are lower-ranked in the ISU World Standings.
The skaters in the Skate Earlier half who have ISU World Standings are lumped together in one sub-draw.
Brendan and Andrew both are in the Skate Earlier half, but by random draw, Brendan skates before Andrew.

Some sample posts from Mrs. P looking ahead to the draws for specific comps:
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...ram-March-26&p=1114972&viewfull=1#post1114972
http://goldenskate.com/forum/showth...2-Seoul-Time&p=1093377&viewfull=1#post1093377

More recently, in reply to someone regarding this general subject, I cited Mrs. P's posts and showed how her projection played out in the eventual start order for a specific comp; cited the ISU document with the rules, etc.
But now I can't find my previous post ... and am not in the mood to re-create it.

Hope the above will suffice.

Last edited:

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Has anyone identified a live stream that is working in the US? Have to leave before men's event is over and will only have iPad and iPhone! Hate that ice network doesn't work on those devices.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
So annoyed the local stream that was working brilliantly yesterday is geoblocked today. Wonder why they changed their minds..... unless it's Universal's doing.