AUS CAN CHN JPN MEX NZL KOR RSA USA
Alternates: BIH SWE GEO NOR

PAIRS

AUS CAN CHN JPN KOR USA BUL HUN POL
Alternates: SRB SLO CZE ESP

DANCE

AUS CAN CHN JPN NZL USA BLR NED TUR
Alternates: HUN FIN CZE GER

NOTE: Alternate judges will not be on site unless one of the drawn judges by name withdrew and the member of that judge has not entered a substitute judge by name.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I have a question - why are judges from European countries on the judging panel for 4CC? I tried to find information on how the judges draw work, but I could only find that it was in "In accordance with rules 582/660/972", but I couldn't find any information about the actual rules 582/660/972.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Thanks @dorispulaski. It's good to know that the judges from 4CC ISU members are prioritized after the draw.

NaVi

Medalist
What I found interesting is that every tech panel at Euros had someone connected to Canada... two who generally represent Canada, one who is Japanese and lives and coaching there, and one who represents the US whose parents were skaters for Canada(I think). There was also an Australian. 2/3rds of those able to vote on tech calls for the Ladies event were from non-European countries.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wish I understood more clearly just how the tech panel is assigned.

It would not bother me that much that the ladies tech panel at Euros had a Canadian, since the Canadian ladies are, to be blunt, not a world medal threat this year. Or if there were an American on the panel in pairs at Euros, or a Japanese in dance. None have world medal expectations.

OTOH, a Canadian or American at Euros in dance would be worrisome, as is a French person in 4CCs. In such a case, being super tough on all competitors would yield a fair result to 4CCs or Euros, but would yield lower tech scores for competitors going in to Worlds. It might be hard to resist the opportunity.

OTOH, a Canadian or American at Euros in dance would be worrisome, as is a French person in 4CCs. In such a case, being super tough on all competitors would yield a fair result to 4CCs or Euros, but would yield lower tech scores for competitors going in to Worlds. It might be hard to resist the opportunity.

Marie Bowness is canadian and was on the panel at Euros.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I'm feeling compelled to root for the Korean dance teams. They have three teams in the competition and no judge on the panel.

As, btw, did Cappellini & Lanotte at Europeans when they won the SD. For all the complaints about the Italian controllers early in the season at Cup of China and the GPF, C&L did just fine without one in that short dance at Euros.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Molina might not be bad for the Montreal teams. I got the impression from his twitter that he's friendly with Dubreuil and Lazuon.

I think Hagenauer might be the original friendship for Molina, but your point remains the same.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I thought that the judges should be from the 4CC countries dumb me:slink:

Baxel

Rinkside
I wish I understood more clearly just how the tech panel is assigned.

As far as I understand the ISU Tech Committee is self managed. So I guess that means if they have their own procedural rules, then they should abide by them. I have no idea what those processes are, or whether there are any checks and balances.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ah, I see our Dutch Ice Dance expert is on the panel. That explains why they said he wouldn't be commentating 4CC at Eurosport, because he has judging duties. Nice to see at least one countryman is having some success in figure skating. :biggrin: