2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21 | Golden Skate

2016 Bavarian Open Feb. 17-21

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The entries have been published for the Bavarian Open in Oberstdorf, Germany Feb. 17-21.

Website: http://www.bev-eissport.de/Bavarian-Open_Eiskunstlauf_Bavarian_Open_186_kkmenue.html

Schedule: http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/Schedule_BO_2016.pdf

Entries: http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/EntriesBavarianOpen2016.pdf

Detailed Results and Protocols
http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/index.htm

Senior Men / Meisterklasse Herren

01 Loupolover, Larry AZE
02 Hendrickx, Jorik BEL
03 Brezina, Michal CZE
04 Kotlarik, Petr CZE
05 Pulkkinen, Tomi FIN
06 Virtanen, Valtter FIN
07 Naurits, Daniel FRA
08 Ponsart, Romain FRA
09 Asam, Marco GER
10 Betke, Alexander GER
11 Bjelde, Alexander GER
12 Fentz, Paul GER
13 Kempf, Anton GER
14 Streubel, Franz GER
15 Ulanovsky, Niko GER
16 Parry Evans, Charles GBR
17 Bychenko, Oleksii ISR
18 Samohin, Daniel ISR
19 Betti, Dario ITA
20 Zandron, Marco ITA
21 Zandron, Maurizio ITA
22 Hino, Ryuju JPN
23 Kurbanov, Murad RUS
24 Todeschini, Nicola SUI

Senior Ladies / Meisterklasse Damen

01 Hanzlikova, Michaela CZE
02 Ukolova, Elizaveta CZE
03 Efimenko, Liubov FIN
04 Peltonen, Emmi FIN
05 Tuuva, Olivia FIN
06 Mahamoud, Nadjma FRA
07 Bock, Lutricia GER
08 Dastich, Lea Johanna GER
09 Herceg, Maria-Katharina GER
10 Mayer, Alina GER
11 Weinzierl, Nathalie GER
12 Robertson, Karly GBR
13 Buchanan, Aimee ISR
14 Kulgeyko, Katarina ISR
15 Schreiber, Netta ISR
16 Nagai, Yuka JPN
17 Maxwell, Fleur LUX
18 van der Linden, Laura NED
19 Sauter, Julia ROU
20 Odermatt, Tanja SUI
21 Yamada, Yasmine SUI
22 Gavrylova, Mariia UKR

Senior Pairs / Meisterklasse Paare

01 Petranovic, Lana / CRO
Lueck, Michael CRO
02 Esbrat, Lola / FRA Novoselov, Andrei FRA
03 Mendoza, Camille / FRA Kovalev, Pavel FRA
04 Hase, Minerva-Fabienne/ GER Seegert, Nolan GER
05 Savchenko, Aljona/ GER Massot, Bruno GER
06 Vartmann, Mari / GER Blommaert, Ruben GER
07 Tankova, Adel / ISR Krasnopolsky, Evgeni ISR
08 Della Monica, Nicole/ ITA Guarise, Matteo ITA
09 Chtchtetinina, Ioulia / SUI Scherer, Noah SUI
10 Herbrikova, Alexandra / SUI Roulet, Nicolas SUI
11 Aaron, Madeline / USA Settlage, Max USA
12 Smith, Erika / USA Reiss, AJ USA

Senior Ice Dance / Meisterklasse Eistanz

01 Garabedian, Tina / ARM
Proulx Senecal, Simon ARM
02 Silna, Barbora / AUT
Kurakin, Juri AUT
03 Oglobina, Varvara / AZE
Zhirnov, Mikhail AZE
04 Alessandrini, Lorenza / FRA
Souquet, Pierre FRA
05 Ojardias, Péroline / FRA
Bramante, Michael FRA
06 Kozmava, Tatiana / GEO
Shumskyi, Aleksii GEO
07 Koch, Shari / GER
Nüchtern, Christian GER
08 Lorenz, Kavita / GER
Polizoakis, Panagiotis GER
09 Müller, Katharina / GER
Dieck, Tim GER
10 Coomes, Penny / GBR
Buckland, Nicholas GBR
11 Jones, Carter Marie / GBR
Sharpe, Richard GBR
12 Lanaghan, Molly / GBR
Buckland, Joseph GBR
13 Moscheni, Carolina / HUN
Major, Balazs HUN
14 Berkovich, Kimberly / ISR
Zilberberg, Ronald ISR
15 Komatsubara, Misato / ITA
Fabbri, Andrea ITA
16 Tessari, Jasmine / ITA
Fioretti, Francesco ITA
17 Tran, Taylor / LTU
Ambruleyicius, Saulius LTU
18 Yanovskaya, Anna / RUS
Mozgov, Sergey RUS

There are also juniors & advanced novices - didn't see too many notable names, but in jr. ladies there is Alisa Lozko, Maria Peredorova, Yuna Aoki, & Tyler Pierce; in jr. pairs I recognize Mishina/Mirzoev and Oganesian/Bardei. Oh, and Irakli Maysuradze is competing here, matmuh!:luv17: Evgenii Semenenko is entered in Advanced Novice also.

Last edited by a moderator:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
There are also juniors & advanced novices - didn't see too many notable names, but in jr. ladies there is Alisa Lozko, Maria Peredorova, Yuna Aoki, & Tyler Pierce; in jr. pairs I recognize Mishina/Mirzoev and Oganesian/Bardei. Oh, and Irakli Maysuradze is competing here, matmuh!:luv17: Evgenii Semenenko is entered in Advanced Novice also.

yaaaay Irakli!! :luv17: i was hoping to see him at YOG though :sad21: and happy to see Yuna A. too :love:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The Greens and Grosul & Colucci will be notable in dance. The international debut for both teams.

Also, Gunter/Wein, the Greens' training mates at WISA in their international debut.

Just realized there's 4 WISA teams at this event - Green/Green and Gunter/Wein in advanced novice (with their debuts), and Gropman/Somerville and Sletten/Verburg (both teams on JGP this season) for junior.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Disappointing that there are no Russian Pairs here, I got my hopes up when I see the Sarajevo entry lists, it would have been nice to see Biryukova/Filonov or some of the other new pairs, I would even have liked to see Bazarova/Deputat taking part. Nice to see there is a new Azeri dance team and it will be interesting to see how Y/M perform after a somewhat disappointing debut on the SGP circuit.

I wonder how high S/M will score on home soil.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think B/D (and A/R, and presumably several other Russian pairs) are going to be at the Cup of Russia final, & the dates are overlapping.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The entries have been published for the Bavarian Open in Oberstdorf, Germany Feb. 17-21.

Website: http://www.bev-eissport.de/Bavarian-Open_Eiskunstlauf_Bavarian_Open_186_kkmenue.html

Entries: http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/EntriesBavarianOpen2016.pdf ...

A new entry list, dated Feb 5, has been published:

The original link now is dead (although I know it used to work).

Thx for the thread, silverfoxes.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Cheers for making the thread ;)

Appreciated!

Still busy with Tennis, will give ya some additional info soon.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Mishina, Vlada LTU / Vonzodas, Laurynas LTU

It is worth a mention she was 12th at the 2015 Russian Junior championships with her previous partner. She and her previous partner weren't that great though.

Diukar, Varvara RUS

It is a worth a mention that at the NRW trophy this girl beat Ye Lim Kim who were 4th at the Korean senior nationals and was only 2 points behind hyped Eun soo Lim. Also Sofia Samodurova beat Ye Lim Kim at the same competition but she is very notable skater while Diukar is not, atleast not yet.

By the way the previous entry link doesn't work anymore but this one does.

http://www.bev-eissport.de/download/EntriesBavarianOpen2016_0.pdf

Alex D

Record Breaker
Preview

The Bavarian Open, will be held from the 17-21th of February at the "Eisportzentrum" in Oberstdorf - Germany. It will be the same ice rink where the Nebelhorn Trophy takes place, every year in September, directly beneath the mountain, which gave the trophy it´s name. While at Nebelhorn, only the Senior´s take part, the Bavarian Open will offer a "playground" for the Juniors and Advanced as well. Therefore, we are looking at a full five days experience with more than 300 skaters from all around the world and myself hardly any sleep...

Michal Březina who might be responsible for the one or the other sleepless night by a young lady, will headline the men´s competition, trying to claim another victory after his title from 2008. The European Bronze medalist from 2013, will be accompanied by the winner of the NRW Trophy, Jorik Hendrickx, who will sail his Titanic to Oberstdorf as well and while not on a ship, Aljona and Bruno are currently sailing on a huge wave of success, after winning nationals and coming second at their first European Championships, trying to claim, yet another medal. The pair that had to wait for about 18 months, before they were allowed to compete, is going to face two other strong German pairs, with Hase / Seegert and Vartmann / Blommaert.
The star-spangled banner will be held high by Erika Smith & AJ Reiss and Aaron / Settlage, former JGP medalist´s and 4th at nationals, who are currently on a comeback trail after Madeline suffered a concussion in summer 2015, when she fell on a Mohawk turn.

Our ladies competition will feature quite a few battles that we already saw at nationals. Lutricia Bock (GER) and Tanja Odermatt (SUI), both reigning national champions , are facing their local competitors with Nathalie Weinzierl and Lea Johanna Dastich for Germany and Yasmine Yamada for Switzerland. Besides that, we do have some very elegant skating to offer, by the likes of Fleur Maxwell and Yuka Nagai who won Bronze at Skate Canada this season.
Not yet at the GP series, but therefore with a special place in my heart are Skaters from Finland and I am very pleased to say, that we do have three Finish senior ladies at Oberstdorf this year. Liubov Efimenko, Emmi Peltonen and Olivia Tuuva, are going to skate for team Suomi.

Last but not least, we will have some very special ice dancing from the UK, with Penny Coomes and Nicholas Buckland - a super entertaining dance couple, and the local national champions Kavita Lorenz & Panagiotis Polizoakis.

Of course, there are many more skaters, like the beautiful Lorenza Alessandrini who is competing with Pierre Souquet in Ice Dance, or the youngster Sofia Samodurova with her amazing vampire performance or the German Gracie Gold, as I call her - Kalina Lewicka. If you want to come over, feel free to say hello, I will most likely spend 20 hours a day, at this very ice rink. Tickets, can be picked up directly at the rink, no special seating policy will apply and as for video feed - I am afraid there will be none, but I will ask in the next few days, maybe something has changed and if so, I will let you know!

Links:

Newest Entries List (5th of February)
Announcement
Schedule

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Once I have the final starting orders, I will post them here. I could most likely post the advanced tomorrow evening already and I will ask about a stream too. :agree: About Aaron/Settlage I will ask my good friend once at Oberstdorf, he usually knows such things. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just picked up my ID at the rink and we will already have a competition this evening!

At 20:15 / 8.15 CET

It will be the Advanced Novice Pairs!

I do not have a starting line up yet, as the initial draw is a bit later, but the following five pairs are listed.

01 Hornakova, Edita / CZE
Jakubka, Radek CZE

02 Jensch, Pauline / GER
Schuster, Luis GER

03 Rot, Jacqueline / GER
Quattelbaum, Patrik GER

04 Thomalla, Talisa / GER
Kunkel, Robert GER

05 Nalezhitova, Polina / RUS
Zabello, Grigorii

http://eiskunstlauf.bev-eissport.de/BO2016/index.htm

This is where you will find it later, eventually, but I will also be at the rink in case it won´t go online today. ;) So that I can give ya the results.

News about the ticket price I have as well. All Event is 15.00 Euro and Day ticket´s are 5.00 Euro. Kids and teens who are not yet 16. years old, get in for free.

As for a stream, I didn't want to bother them with that question now, as they are very busy at the office, maybe I have a chance later.

Now I will buy some food, laters ;)