4CC Fun Questionnaire! | Golden Skate

4CC Fun Questionnaire!

Layback11

Record Breaker
It's baaaaa-aack! :cheer:

With 4CC starting in approximately a week and a day, I wanted to get the hype going with another quiz thread! :dance3: (My answers are in parenthesis)

Questions

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here? (Gold, Hongo, Nagasu, Edmunds, Chartrand, Uno, Ten, Shibs, S/H, K/O, S/B)

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? (Miyahara, Uno, W/P, D/R)

3. Which discipline will be the best quality/most competitive? (Pairs)

4. Which skaters, if any, are your surprise medalist picks? (None, really)

5. Who gets your best-dressed votes?
(Gold, Miyahara, Hongo, Li, Shibs, K/O, S/H, W/P)

6. How many men do you think will successfully complete at least two quads? (4)

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s? (At least three-Gold, Hongo, and Osmond for sure, if they don't pop them, most others depend on the day)

8. The ultimate question of 4CC: Gracie or Satoko? (Satoko, by virtue of consistency, unless Gracie flips last year's 4CC disaster on its head-pun intended :biggrin:)

9. Men's: Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, or a total surprise? (Uno, but it realistically could go all four ways)

10. Dance: will the judges go with C/B or the Shibs? (C/B unless they make a mistake, but that's what I said at nationals ;))

11. Pairs: China or Canada? (I'm going to go with Canada, AKA D/R, because S/H are injured, but I want S/H to win. As for secondary Canada vs. China, I think S/B will beat the other Chinese pairs)

Let the fun begin! :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Kevin Reynolds of course! Can't wait for him to skate in his first international competition since October 2014! Also I want to see Alaine Chartrand kick butt!
2. Schnitzel........ um....... Shoma Uno, Gracie or Satoko, Duhamel/Radford, and Weaver/Poje.
3. Men's.
4. Kevin Reynolds. Okay that's more of wishful thinking but okay....maybe at least a top 10 finish.
5. Is it bad that so far I have Kevin again for an answer? LOL! Oh Polina Edmunds has great costumes. And also Gilles/Poirier. I mean these are the ones that CATCH MY EYE.
6. Four....maybe five.
7. Four. I guess.
8. Depends on if anyone bombs or.....gee........that's tough to answer. Consistency-wise, Satoko.
9. Uno most likely but I wouldn't mind a surprise *ahem* (Though realistically it won't happen).
10. Aye-yai-yai. Since the Shibs won nats.....it could go to them if they're totally lights out. Maybe.
11. Canada. And I selfishly was Seguin and Bilodeau to medal as well.

Eclair

Medalist
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here?
There are so many! I'll go with Mirai as my first choice, since it's totally awesome that she can participate, plus her programms this season are gorgous + she looks very trained this season:hap10:
Also looking forward to:
Rika Hongo - always love her grit and programms
Da bin Choi - first senior competition ever ----- how will she do? she does have a 3lutz-3toe doesn't she?
Soyoun Park - she brough back her Romeo & Juliet LP:love:

2. Who do you think will win each discipline?
Miyahara, Shoma Uno, Duhamel& Radford, Shibutanis

3. Which discipline will be the best quality/most competitive?
Men

4. Which skaters, if any, are your surprise medalist picks?
I think Osmond can get a medal if she surprises everyone and skates clean, but I'm not expecting her to suddenly become super consistent..

Zijun Li, no question. Her sp dress is just :clap::love::2thumbs:

6. How many men do you think will successfully complete at least two quads?
7 (sp +lp): Jin, Uno, Reynolds, Chan, Mura, Ten or Aaron, Yan

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s? - I guess it means, at least one rotated 3-3 in either sp or lp
Satoko :laugh: she never gets an UR
at least 6 ladies

8. The ultimate question of 4CC: Gracie or Satoko?
Definetly Satoko since she's so consistent, though I would love a surprise gold medalist like Hongo, Edmunds, Mirai etc.

9. Men's: Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, or a total surprise?
Uno
Dennis could be a total surprise, and grab gold

10. Dance: will the judges go with C/B or the Shibs?
Shibs - their programms this season are fitting them better than those of C/B

11. Pairs: China or Canada?
I'll go with Canada, too because Sui has been injured, but it really could go both ways, since Duhamel/Radford haven't been going strong this season either..

Off topic: I wish Papadakiz/Cizeron could participate at 4cc. I just catched up with their FD and Cizeron is a god on ice:love: I've never seen a man with better lines in figure skating:eek: :love::love:
My perfect imaginary figure skater would be Jin with Guillaume Cizerons lines and SS!

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
1. Max Aaron, Kevin Reynolds and Mirai Nagasu edited to add in Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM

2. Max Aaron, Polina Edmunds, D/R and W/P

3. Dance. Lots of North American teams clawing for the top of the podium at a North American worlds.

4. Mirai. I think things are clicking for her.

5. Alexa and Chris's SP costumes are certainly a guilty pleasure of mine this season. Also love Mirai's costumes this season.

6. 6

7. 7

8. Satoko

9. I am going with Max Aaron - he has the right combination of momentum and a bit fired up.

10. Shibs. I think the judges will be happy to treat them as USA number 1 now so long as they skate like it.

11. I half want to change my predictions to Alexa and Chris to be contrary now, but Canada.

Last edited:

Florencito

Medalist
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here? Martinez, Miner, Margalik, Park, Choi, Hongo, Li, Sui/Han, Séguin/Bilodeau, Paradis/Ouellette

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Uno, Gold, Duhamel/Radford, Weaver/Poje

3. Which discipline will be the best quality/most competitive? Pairs I'd say

4. Which skaters, if any, are your surprise medalist picks? Would Séguin(Bilodeau considered surprise medalists?

5. Who gets your best-dressed votes? As usual, I have no idea :laugh:

6. How many men do you think will successfully complete at least two quads? In both programs or just in the FP? Or in the SP? :slink: Well, both programs: Uno, Mura, Chan, Jin, Ten, Aaron, Maybe Tanaka too?. FP only: Uno, Jin, Aaron.

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s? Most of them, let's be optimist here!

8. The ultimate question of 4CC: Gracie or Satoko? Gold, but I don't like either.

9. Men's: Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, or a total surprise? Yep, what you said. I hope it's one between Uno and Ten.

10. Dance: will the judges go with C/B or the Shibs? I think the Shibutani can take the silver medal even if C/B go clean. At least, that's what I' hope.

11. Pairs: China or Canada? Canada will win but China pairs :luv17:

ioanna

Record Breaker
1. Miyahara, Hongo, Murakami, Li, Nagasu, Chan, Reynolds, Jin, Yan, Uno, Ten, Sui/Han, Yu/Jin, Castelli/Tran, Weaver/Poje, Shibutani/Shibutani, Muramoto/Reed
2. Chan or Uno, Miyahara, Duhamel/Radford, Weaver/Poje
3. Men
4. Nagasu or Chartrand
5. Miyahara's SP dress, Hongo's FS dress, Murakami's FS dress, Nagasu's SP dress, Park's dresses, Maia Shibutani's FD dress
6. Chan, Ten, Uno, Jin, Aaron
7. Six.
8. Satoko all the way.
9. Definitely one of them.
10. Shibs
11. Canada is going to win but Sui/Han and Yu/Jin are splendid.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
1. Chan, Ten, Uno, Miner, Miyahara, Hongo, Choi, Shibs, W/P, S/H, Y/J, S/B.

2. Chan, Miyahara, W/P, D/R

3. Dance or men. Or pairs.

4. No idea.

5. S/H, Shibs, and Edmunds SP. Or Chartrand.

6. 4 or 5.

7. At least 3.

8. Miyahara.

9. Chan.

10. Shibs?

11. I like China better, but Canada....

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I totally missed the questionnaire at Euros :hslap: But I'll try to compensate a little here :)

1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here? A lot of them!
Men: Han Yan, Denis Ten, Denis Margalik, Se Jong Byun
Ladies: Kanako Murakami, So Youn Park, Rika Hongo, Alaine Chartrand, Amy Lin, Kailani Craine
Pairs: Sui/Han, Ilushechkina/Moskovitch, Castelli/Tran
Ice Dance: ShibSibs, Gilles/Poirier, Muramoto/Reed, Weaver/Poje

Patrick Chan, Satoko Miyahara, Weaver/Poje, Sui/Han

The most quality will be Ice Dance. But it's predictible a little. Most competitive are Men. No idea how will it go, but I'm sure there will be fight for every spot!

Depneds how one define suprise. Kanako Murakami. Only because she wasn't in form till now, in other aspects, she would not be a suprise at all.

Most of them is nicely dressed. Maybe Weaver/Poje?

At least 5. Shoma Uno, Patrick Chan, Denis Ten, Boyang Jin + any from Max Aaron, Han Yan, Takahito Mura and then also Kevin Reynolds & Keiji Tanaka. So I settle for 6.

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s?

That's tough one. Does it many like they need to rotate every single of 3-3 they plan? If so, I think 2 or maybe 3.

I'll go for Satoko.

Patrick Chan. But need to be perfectly clean. But I would not have anything against a little suprise!

Optimistic: ShibSibs!

Sui/Han for the win, but rest of the podium for Canadians.

And my own question ( :biggrin: )
12. Who can gain the most from competing here?
Ok. So... Any of the Men who will win the event (Patrick Chan in my prediction, after not the best GPF, he need it. But really all of them will gain something by winning). Then the higher ranked Canadian Lady (between Kaetlyn Osmond & Gabrielle Daleman, a podium can mean a Worlds spot) & US Ice Dance team (the highest ranked one will gain confidence before the Worlds, a huge bonus if any of them win here). Also, in pairs a win for Sui/Han would mean a lot, since they had to skip GPF and it's not clear where they stand against the best pairs this season.
And all the skaters who will achieve the Worlds minimums here, they need to compete there.

Last edited:

desertskates

Medalist
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here? Nagasu and Edmunds--can they deliver as well as they did at nationals?

2. Who do you think will win each discipline? Miyahara, Chan, Weaver / Poje, Duhamel / Radford

3. Which discipline will be the best quality/most competitive? Dance, and ladies.

4. Which skaters, if any, are your surprise medalist picks? I don't see any shockers happening.

Gold (short), Nagasu (long), Shibutanis

6. How many men do you think will successfully complete at least two quads? 4 or 5

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s? Gold is the only one that I am confident will not under rotate.

8. The ultimate question of 4CC: Satoko. I think Gracie will show up well prepared, but will have one or two mistakes that will cost her the title against Satoko.

9. Men's: Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, or a total surprise? I'm pretty sure it will be Chan or Uno, but I have a soft spot for Ten.

10. Dance: will the judges go with C/B or the Shibs? Shibs. They're programs are so strong this year, and C/B are kind of meh.

11. Pairs: China or Canada? Have to go with Canada on this one.

naz

On the Ice
Denis and the Shibs! It's been so long since we've seen Denis perform, and I can't wait for the big event before Worlds. Also, counting down the days till I can see Fix You again - right now it's around 8 days and 15-something hours :D
Also, as a Kazakhstani, I have to say that I'm intrigued to see what the Kz ice dance team has to offer.

Uno, Miyahara, S/H, W/P (breaks my heart to write this because it's more reasonable but I'm a die-hard fan of Maia and Alex).

Men's singles, definitely. Think about it - Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, Aaron, Yan, Reynolds... There's going to be intense competition from start to end! Incredibly entertaining to watch as well.

Seeing Alaine or Mirai medal would be fun.

Chock/Bates FD costumes, I like Madi's ombre dress.
Also, I can't reply to every question with the Shibs, but here it's impossible not to include both their SD and FD costumes.
And there's many more that I've enjoyed throughout the season but cannot remember. Blame my inattentiveness and terrible memory. :(

Has to be the top 5.

Hmpf... 3? Others may fall rather than UR.

Satoko.

I really want Denis to win again, but this season it feels like Shoma has done really well and really is capable of winning.

If the Shibs can make both their dances even better (there's no limit to perfection, though I don't see how they can make their FD better than what it's like now without making everyone weep and weep and weep), I think, the Nationals win provided them with a solid base in front of the international judges. So, the Shibs it is.

China. Guesstimating here - I don't even watch pairs :laugh:

P.S. Making up a question which I think would be fun for a lot of people to answer:
12. Who are you going to miss the most?
Nam and Ashley, I always enjoy watching their skates.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kayne/O'Shea, Seguin/Bilodeau, Scimeca/Knierim (hope they recover their mojo!), AlaineChartrand, Patrick Chan, Ross Miner, Grant Hochstein, Sui/Han ... all for beautiful and/or joyous skating.

Patrick Chan, Gracie Gold, Sui/Han, Chock/Bates:love: ... to shake things up before worlds!:drama:

Pairs:hap93: for best quality, because I'd much rather see programs unspoiled by falls.... er, at least hopefully by fewer falls. (Dance is beautiful but a little boring to me, on the whole, though not individual teams).

Tarah and Danny:dance3:, Alaine Chartrand

Chock/Bates FD costumes, I like Madi's ombre dress; Gracie's SP, love the black with red lining/briefs; Satoko SP & FS; Marissa/Mervin SP, Marissa should wear more gold and soft colors, less black and red!; Alexa/Chris SP - guilty pleasure yes! & FS - again with the soft gold; Mirai FS. Honorable Mention: Tarah/Danny's new SP costumes.

I'm going with 7! I'm surprised that more people aren't naming Max among their answers; he's really improved I think.

Counting Satoko's pre-rotations? :dev2:
Since rotating with a fall counts as rotating, hm. I'm going to say 6.

Gracie.

Patrick Chan.

It depends on who skates clean with the most emotional resonance, as at U.S. Nationals. I think it'll be Maddy and Evan.

Canada will have TWO pairs in the top five.:yes: And so will USA. :points:

12. Who can gain the most from competing here?
Tarah and Danny

13. Who are you going to miss the most?
Ashley .... for her awesome presence on the ice

Ashley .... for fierce energy

and oh, yes. Ashley! for drama x3 :drama::drama::drama:

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Shoma (wondering how he'll do here), Gracie (will she be clean), Satoko, So Youn, Zijun, Alaine, Gabby, Shibs, Weaver/Poje

Men: Shoma or Patrick
Ladies: Gracie but Satoko has a chance
Dance: Weaver/Poje
Pairs: Sui/Han

Men, I guess? :scratch2:

Uhhh, Alaine?

So Youn's SP and FS, Satoko's SP, Zijun's SP and FS, Polina's SP

I say 4.

4 for this one as well.

Satoko is a fierce and consistent competitor. But like I said above in #2, I'm going with Gracie on this one. I think her consistency has improved a lot this season.

No idea.

Shibs.

I'm gonna say Canada.

12. Who are you going to miss the most?
Yuka Nagai and Mao Asada.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Max, Brendan, Andrew, Brooklee, Kailani...ALL OF TEAM AUSTRALIA!

Gold, Aaron, Shibs, D/R

Men

Ross

Brooklee :love:

Hmm...6. AND BRENDAN WILL BE ONE OF THEM, WHY ARE YOU ALL LEAVING HIM OFF?

Seven.

I'd rather Gracie because at least she actually rotates her jumps...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

Shibs have the momentum

Canada

lyndichee

Medalist
Break from midterm studying!

I want Gracie to capture a 4CC title and hopefully put her in contention for a world medal. I guess we'll see if Satoko will let that streak of silver medals continue. Maybe we'll finally see Gold put out 2 clean skates. I would like to see after Canadian Nationals where Gabby and Alaine could place if they both had clean programs.

I am really excited to see if late season Denis Ten will show up. With Ten, Chan, Uno and Jin (least likely imo), I'm sure the judges are dying give another 300 score out. I wonder if it will happen here.

Ladies - Gracie Gold or Satoko Miyahara
Men - Patrick Chan
Pairs - D/R - I think they will win but I would love to see Sui/Han on top of podium instead.
Ice Dance - W/P - Will likely win but I would love to see Shibutanis on top instead.

I think North American Ice Dance is crazy good so 4CC will be good.

Chock/Bates lost the national title and are likely hungry to prove that they are still the top US Dance team.
Shibutanis pulled off a brilliant FS and would likely want to keep the momentum going with a national title under their belt.
W/P definitely want the world title and at 4CC some of their biggest challengers are present.
Hubbell/Donohue are always the bridesmaid never the bride, I think they want to put up a good fight.
Gilles/Poirier are likely dying to attack the world stage as Piper clearly was disappointed in not making the GPF (still tacky SP outfits as much as I love Piper's sass).

Pairs will also be strong with D/R, S/H, S/B, Y/J and the American pairs.
Kayne/O Shea are likely hungry to test their programs on the international stage and Scimeca/Knierim likely want to prove they are still the US' best bet.

With so much momentum and expectations going for Chan, Ten and Uno, I am really hoping Han Yan can pull off an upset.

Indifferent to this.

Jin , Chan, Ten, Reynolds, Aaron and Uno

Meh we shall see.

More likely - Satoko
Both Clean - Gracie

Patrick Chan. But I hope for Han Yan to show up strong.

Internationally they seem to favour C/B.

D/R will win if clean I think but I prefer S/H.

12. Who will you miss the most?
Ashley Wagner, Mao Asada, Nam Nguyen, and Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You too! WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP LEAVING BRENDAN OFF THE QUAD LIST

Especially when you're putting Reynolds ON it!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu, Alaine Chartrand, Rika Hongo, Satoko Miyahara, Boyang Jin, D10, Sui/Han, Shibs

Miyahara, Chan, Weaver/Poje, Sui/Han

Men and ladies

Mirai Nagasu, Alaine Chartrand, Max Aaron, Takahito Mura

Mirai Nagasu, Rika Hongo, The Shibs

4 of them

at least 3 of them

Satoko

Chan, but all 4 of them can take gold, not forgetting Max Aaron, Takahito and even Kevin :)

This time C/B ( but I am expecting going with Shibs in Boston)

China, Still believe in Sui/Han. also Yu/Jin can beat S/B.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

I'd love for Brendan to land all of his quads, as I'd love for Han Yan to win (Ok, I'd settle for podium) :p I actually predict neither of them will land more than one quad sadly... At least from what we have seen this season from them. But I'll be happy if I'm wrong about it :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Forgive me. Reynolds is one of my 3 faves so of course I would have him on the list. I said 4 or 5 with Uno, Ten, Chan, and Aaron on the mind. And the 5th one possibly be Kevin though he most likely will UR them. But I forgot about Brendan. I apologize. And to let you know, I did have a very good time seeing him skate at Skate America back in October. I see why you rave over him! :)

This ends up in a networks war between Zoueva & Spillband. Skating wise, the Shibs should win the whole competition.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
as always :thank: for starting a thread!!!

definitely my Diva Sassy Queen Wenjing Sui and Her Knight Cong Han, Tiny Queen Satoko, Cutie Shoma Uno, Dragon Boyang Jin, Yu/Jin, Denis Ten, Paradis/Ouillete, Gilles/Poiries, Weaver/Poje, Shibutanis, Seguin/Blilodeau, Alaine Chartrand, Kevin Reynolds. But overall, I'm excited for this 4CC like probably never before - I expect some wowzas there :cheer:

I think that there would be Shoma Uno, Satoko, Weaver/Poje OR Shibutanis (this is a big mystery for me now...) and Duhamel/Radford (BUUUUT I wish Sui/Han will get on top)

every has potential (as always), but pairs and ice dance should be very interesting actually - lots of contenders and major shake ups could happen...

it all depends on 'surprise' definition...In my book Alaine Chartrand, Mirai Nagasu, Boyang Jin, Kaetlyn Osmond, Ross Miner could be considered as surprise medalists

Sui/Han, Weaver/Poje (their SD costumes are hands down best this season), Yu/Jin, love Alaine's FS dress and Mirai's dresses this season too.

Chan, Shoma, Boyang (duh...), Denis, Max, Mura, the rest I'm not sure so 6 for me

Gold, Satoko, Rika, Alaine, Kaetlyn, Polina, but I hope Zijun, Mirai and Kanako will get there too :cheer:

this could go either way tbh...but Satoko is my pick

Shoma for me - I think that his medal at GPF gave him even more confidence boost and assured him that he's on the right path, buuuut Denis (like Denis can, we know) or Partick (cruising on the high wave from Nationals) could make Shoma run for his win money

This is one of the biggest 4CC questions...Based on their last international clash back at December GPF Chock/Bates won with one place in spare, then at Nationals they got beaten in FD and overall. Call me silly, but it will all depend on RW patterns in SD and draw for FD. My little money goes on a hope that Shibutanis will stir whole party, beat Chock/Bates or even win.

Money goes on Canada, heart goes after Sui/Han and Yu/Jin. Overall, my dream podium consists of Sui/Han, Seguin/Bilodeau and Yu/Jin and I'm not ashamed of that :party2:

Last edited: