graciegoldfan17

On the Ice
1. Gold, Nagasu, Hongo, Uno, Shibs
2. Gold, Uno, Shibs, D/R
3. Dance
4. Nagasu
5. Nagasu, Gold, Hongo, Shibs, Uno, Li
6. 5
7. on a good day Gold and Osmond. I doubt with Miyahara because she pre rotates.
8. Gold, im a fan hahaha and i think the national's achievement
9. Uno
10. C/B but shibs have a better programs but the shibs are always underestimated (unlike the 2016 Nat'l)
11. Canada

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
1. I am putting more eyes on Satoko, Rika (I hope she can S-L-A-Y her Riverdance here), Mirai, Shoma, Denis, Patrick, and of course SHIBSIBS!!!

2. Satoko, Patrick(?), Sui/Han, SHIBSIBS!!!!

3. The men will be having a tough fight. Shame, Denis, Patrick, Boyang and Max have to give 100% in order to secure a position on the podium.

4. I really dunno...maybe Kanako?

5. Rika and Satoko.

6. 2 quads in the FS: Shoma, Max, Boyang (and Patrick, but it depends on the day). So 4.

7. I hope all of them can land it.

8. This is really an ultimately tough question...as much as my heart goes for Satoko, I think Gracie deserves to win too if she goes perfect as well. But anyway still Satoko!!!

9. Patrick or Shoma.

10. They don't have a choice. They HAVE to go with Shibsibs!

11. Sui/Han.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
1. Who are you most looking forward to seeing here?
Seguin/Bilodeau were, as always, near the top of my list, and Polina was actually up there too. :( But even with their absences I'm excited for the Shibs, Mirai, Castelli/Tran, Grant, and Shoma. The ice dance fights between Chock/Bates vs. Shibs and Hubbell/Donohue vs. Gilles/Poirier are always interesting.

2. Who do you think will win each discipline?
I haven't finalized my predictions yet, but:
Men - Shoma or Patrick
Ladies - Gracie or Satoko
Pairs - Duhamel/Radford or Sui/Han
Dance - Weaver/Poje. I don't see Chock/Bates or the Shibs passing them in this competition.

3. Which discipline will be the best quality/most competitive?
I'm a little surprised that so many people are saying pairs, since the likely top three (Duhamel/Radford, Sui/Han, and Yu/Jin) are all having relatively rough years. I don't think pairs will be very pretty TBH. I think dance will be best quality, and men the most competitive.

4. Which skaters, if any, are your surprise medalist picks?
I wouldn't be completely shocked if Yu/Jin struggle and an American pair makes it on the podium. I'm definitely not predicting this, which is why it would be a surprise, but I won't have a heart attack if it happens.

5. Who gets your best-dressed votes?
Mirai. Both her outfits are gorgeous this year.

6. How many men do you think will successfully complete at least two quads?
At least five (Patrick, Shoma, Denis, Boyang, and Max) but probably a couple more as well.

7. How many ladies will rotate their 3-3s?
Depends on if we're talking about how many will get their 3-3s ratified and rotated and how many will actually rotate. Satoko could pre-rotate but be called clean. Mirai could get hers around but be called UR.

8. The ultimate question of 4CC: Gracie or Satoko?
Satoko, I think.

9. Men's: Ten, Uno, Chan, Jin, or a total surprise?
I'm feeling a little more confident in Shoma Uno than the others right now.

10. Dance: will the judges go with C/B or the Shibs?
Both teams will WANT it badly. I think Chock/Bates are more likely to come out ahead.

11. Pairs: China or Canada?
Definitely China, now that Seguin/Bilodeau are out.

This was a fun way to waste some time on a Saturday!