Sofia Samodurova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sofia Samodurova

The Finn

Record Breaker
They can decide later, right? So, if she does well, they'd be smart to give it to her.

Yes, they will decide that later. I would think her chances are pretty good but there are other contenders like Pogo if she is healthy and Mikhailova who did well last year at Rostelecom. Sima and Gulyakova could also be contenders.

icetug

Medalist
I was just thinking about asking if anyone heard any news about her.. ;)

She's in Courchevel at Mishin camp now and there are a lot of her photos with Wakaba (who joined the camp), Alisa and the rest of the group. Benoit Richaud worked with Wakaba on her new program and now he is at the camp as well, working with Alisa and Yvett - but I'm not sure about Sofia though she's in the photos with them.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Yes, they will decide that later. I would think her chances are pretty good but there are other contenders like Pogo if she is healthy and Mikhailova who did well last year at Rostelecom. Sima and Gulyakova could also be contenders.

Yeah, me too. If she medals, they should definitely give it to her as it would mean she could reach the GPF. It would be good if she can makes a name for herself before the next generation turns senior.

kalee

On the Ice

+ Nastya Gubanova also, hopefully. But great for Sonya to get that one assignment (and hopefully 2 with the host spot)

The Finn

Record Breaker
+ Nastya Gubanova also, hopefully. But great for Sonya to get that one assignment (and hopefully 2 with the host spot)

I would prefer that Gubanova would skate JGP events but we will have to wait and see what the Russian Fed thinks about it.

Tarusina could be a real contender for the 3rd Rostelecom spot also if she doesn't get any JGP events. Nugumanova could be a contender too.

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, now that it seems that Gubanova, Gulyakova and Tarusina will get JGP event(s) that means that there will be three ladies less trying to get that last Rostelecom spot.

It would seem that Sofia, Sima, Pogo, Mikhailova and maybe Nugumanova would be the main contenders now.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It is morning in Russia, so happy birthday to Sonya! May you find success and happiness this season !

lastremnant

On the Ice
I think Sofia is going to surprise people this season. People don’t talk about her much, even here on the forums, but she has a fire and artistic passion all uniquely her own. I think she has potential to breakout strong this year but we will see.

Tulipstar

Medalist
I think Sofia is going to surprise people this season. People don’t talk about her much, even here on the forums, but she has a fire and artistic passion all uniquely her own. I think she has potential to breakout strong this year but we will see.

I agree and hope the same. She won two jgp's last year. She has talent.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sofia has been added to the entry list of Lombardia Trophy.

Hopefully she will have a great international senior debut.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Yes i am intrigued to see her this season. I was impressed with her last season, she has beautiful jumps and an interesting/original interpretation that made her stand out

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The other day I had a Sonya re-watch binge hour and re-watched her 2017 Nationals FS, among others. I LOVE that program :luv17: