On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Is anyone from Golden Skate going to see it in person?
Tell us about your trip, the food you ate and the skaters you liked.
Practice reports are also most welcome.
:popcorn:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not an on-site report, but Brooklee tweeted earlier that she was asked if she was 12 years old twice coming through customs into Taiwan. Poor Brooklee! :laugh:

If anyone has reports and spottings of Team Australia, you know I will love you! :love:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Dying for some onsite reports...............

Just anything - the stadium, cafe locations, hotels, weather, skater sighting, anything................

Good for those of us who are planning to come to 4CC in the future as well.

Thank you!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Dying for some onsite reports...............

Just anything - the stadium, cafe locations, hotels, weather, skater sighting, anything................

Good for those of us who are planning to come to 4CC in the future as well.

Thank you!

Me too.....Come on Y'all :cheer2:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
one of the Korean skating fans that I follow recently replied that all of the practice sessions are not open to public.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
id be thankful for some Shibs reports or WeaPo:luv17:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Local news of today's press conference:

http://www.cna.com.tw/news/aspt/201602160323-1.aspx
http://m.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20160216/796760/
(please skip the mistake of spelling on Axel jump...)

Rough translation:
The news is about the pre-competition press conference. This is the 3rd time 4CC is held in Taipei since 2011. And the interview was mainly on Satoko Miyahara, local skaters Chih-I Tsao and Amy Lin, as well as US skater Karen Chen

Satoko: This is the 2nd time she comes to Taiwan. She hopes she can enjoy the competition and does her best.
Chih-I: He's recovering from a foot injury since last August. He's happy to compete in Taiwan for the 2nd time. He'll challenge 3A in his program. His goal is to pass the TES minimal for WC.
Amy: She's happy to compete in Taiwan. She's competed as a skater for Taiwan since last year. She wants to show everyone what she's capable of.
Karen: She only got to know about 2 days ago that she's able to compete at 4CC in Taiwan. Her Mom accompanied her back to Taiwan. She's happy that her grandparents will be able to come to watch her in competition and support her. She says the ice condition here is very good. She was back in Taiwan last year for an ice show. But now it's for a competition so she needs to concentrate more on the technique part.

sam0987

Rinkside
I have arrived in Taipei today from Australia to see this events :yahoo::hap57:

I have collected all tickets (9 tickets) today on the site of Taipei Arena.

The weather in here is cloudy and cold.;)

The staff said we cannot watch the practice sections :no:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ten seconds of Julian Yee's practice today:

Good luck to Julian :yay:.

....Rough translation:
The news is about the pre-competition press conference. This is the 3rd time 4CC is held in Taipei since 2011. And the interview was mainly on Satoko Miyahara, local skaters Chih-I Tsao and Amy Lin, as well as US skater Karen Chen

Satoko: This is the 2nd time she comes to Taiwan. She hopes she can enjoy the competition and does her best.
Chih-I: He's recovering from a foot injury since last August. He's happy to compete in Taiwan for the 2nd time. He'll challenge 3A in his program. His goal is to pass the TES minimal for WC.
Amy: She's happy to compete in Taiwan. She's competed as a skater for Taiwan since last year. She wants to show everyone what she's capable of.
Karen: She only got to know about 2 days ago that she's able to compete at 4CC in Taiwan. Her Mom accompanied her back to Taiwan. She's happy that her grandparents will be able to come to watch her in competition and support her. She says the ice condition here is very good. She was back in Taiwan last year for an ice show. But now it's for a competition so she needs to concentrate more on the technique part.

Thx, cohkaix.
Happy to read esp. about Karen. Wonderful that her grandparents will be able to watch her compete.
Good luck to her and to everyone :yay:.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

The weather in here cloudy and cold.;)

Glad you have arrived safely! I'm really sad about the practices...but please tell us what you can about the competition itself...and have fun! :thumbsup:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist

Welcome to Taipei. Yes, the weather today is quite cold, as we're still in a cold front at the moment. The weather should be getting warmer starting tomorrow, but will get a little colder again during the weekend. I'd suggest to bring an umbrella with you if you're staying mainly in Taipei. Enjoy!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
HUGE thanks everyone:luv17:
good luck with getting autographs:agree:

icekiwi

On the Ice

Thank you Sam0987!

Well done to you for coming all the way from Australia and 'collecting' your tickets. I was wondering how all that was going to work out as they were supposedly 'free' tickets. Congratulations and please keep the reports coming!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I am soooooooooo jealous. Go Team Australia!