On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016

shyne

Final Flight
Karen: She only got to know about 2 days ago that she's able to compete at 4CC in Taiwan. Her Mom accompanied her back to Taiwan. She's happy that her grandparents will be able to come to watch her in competition and support her. She says the ice condition here is very good. She was back in Taiwan last year for an ice show. But now it's for a competition so she needs to concentrate more on the technique part.

2 days, that's rough. I wish she had more notice than that. Last min plane tickets are also very expansive.

shyne

Final Flight
Did Denis Ten officially withdrew from 4CC?Heard that he wasn't there before the deadline of on-site registration.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did Denis Ten officially withdrew from 4CC?Heard that he wasn't there before the deadline of on-site registration.

Yes, the ISU just tweeted that Denis Ten withdrew b/c of injury. ETA, the exact quote is "citing" injury.

https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/699819124059475968

Bummer. :sad4: Wishing Denis a speedy recovery.

ISU Figure Skating
‏@ISU_Figure
Defending 4 Conts champion @Tenis_Den (KAZ) has withdrawn from #4CCTaipeiCity citing injury. We wish a quick recovery.
8:54 PM - 16 Feb 2016​

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Yes, the ISU just tweeted that Denis Ten withdrew b/c of injury. ETA, the exact quote is "citing" injury.

https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/699819124059475968

Bummer. :sad4: Wishing Denis a speedy recovery.

ISU Figure Skating
‏@ISU_Figure
Defending 4 Conts champion @Tenis_Den (KAZ) has withdrawn from #4CCTaipeiCity citing injury. We wish a quick recovery.
8:54 PM - 16 Feb 2016​

Oh no! This seems like it's been an even rougher season than usual for Denis.

Back to my predictions, I guess...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kanako Murakami. She has been having troubles with 2A in all her competitions this season, most of the time doing a 1A, and the strange thing is, it looked like she planned the 1A because she knew she wouldn't make it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbNZwhfR38

But she has a gorgeous presentation and I often enjoy her more than the podium winners. I love the slick intensity she slides in when she gives that little kick toward the judges directly after the 3lo-2t-2lo combo. In your face judges. This Choreo is serious business.

https://youtu.be/PHbNZwhfR38?t=3m04s

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
But she has a gorgeous presentation and I often enjoy her more than the podium winners. I love the slick intensity she slides in when she gives that little kick toward the judges directly after the 3lo-2t-2lo combo. In your face judges. This Choreo is serious business.

I really like both Kanako's programs this year. I'm just hoping that she'll do herself proud because this is her last international event this season. :hap10:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I enjoy her more than Satoko to be honest. Even with her urs, her jumps look much bigger and she skates with lots of speed. But since Sochi, the overall quality of her skating seems to go downhill. Not sure what happened. I am puzzled how a seasoned skater like her without noticeable body change or injury can consistently have trouble with 2A.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So many withdrawals, such a shame. I had planned to take two days off work to watch 4CC live, but am rethinking that now. Might as well just check the exact start times of the few skaters I really want to see and try and watch those on the stream while at work. :-(

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Why would he add stress to his body at this time?
I'm not sure if this has been published in his English interviews but his theme this year, which he has repeated over and over in his TV interviews has been "Seme no Engi" which translates into aggressive (offensive) performance he says this is the year he can challenge anything because it is his first year as a senior. For example, during Nationals, he popped his first quad, and then changed the make up of his program to try to fit it back in as the last jumping pass (it was popped too) but he wouldn't have been able to do that as a more experienced senior, since he has just come out of juniors he feels able to try these things.

He also says the loop feels better than the sal at this point.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this has been published in his English interviews but his theme this year, which he has repeated over and over in his TV interviews has been "Seme no Engi" which translates into aggressive (offensive) performance he says this is the year he can challenge anything because it is his first year as a senior. For example, during Nationals, he popped his first quad, and then changed the make up of his program to try to fit it back in as the last jumping pass (it was popped too) but he wouldn't have been able to do that as a more experienced senior, since he has just come out of juniors he feels able to try these things.

Well it's definitely not jump to put in the program if he lands only 1 good at 10 tries :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

But why drain his energy and risk injury practicing such difficult and high risk element not in his competition programs which he is supposed to focus on at this time? The top Men are not so easily intimidated.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
But why drain his energy and risk injury practicing such difficult and high risk element not in his competition programs which he is supposed to focus on at this time? The top Men are not so easily intimidated.
It is not to intimidate others, but to challenge himself...but as to why he's practicing it at the 4CC rink, I don't know, other than he likes the challenge.