On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports:@ 4CC 2016

champs

Final Flight
But why drain his energy and risk injury practicing such difficult and high risk element not in his competition programs which he is supposed to focus on at this time? The top Men are not so easily intimidated.
You can throw the same question to Patrick Chan who was witnessed practicing 4S during the official practice sessions at GPF.

kalle

On the Ice
Don't know if anyone noticed but Kanako Murakami will be attempting a 3F-3T in her FS.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbTg6vkVAAMLo5R.jpg

Why in the earth would they plan a 2A/3T if she has not landed a single 2A this season :scratch2:
Also, I thought she was struggling with her 3L but maybe I am wrong? I do love her 3S and 3T/3T, when landed, they are gorgeous jumps. Such a shame that she struggle with the jumps as her presenation has always been very likeable.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
You can throw the same question to Patrick Chan who was witnessed practicing 4S during the official practice sessions at GPF.

Sometimes skaters do show off to impress observing judges and competitors. But actually practicing it 10 times in 40 minutes as reported? That's risky, even reckless. Failing 70% is not so impressive or intimidating either.

champs

Final Flight
Sometimes skaters do show off to impress observing judges and competitors. But actually practicing it 10 times in 40 minutes as reported? That's risky, even reckless. Failing 70% is not so impressive or intimidating either.
No idea why you are obsessed with this "impressing the judges/intimidating his rivals" mindset.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
No idea why you are obsessed with this "impressing the judges/intimidating his rivals" mindset.

I'm more concerned about a brilliant young skater hurting himself.

eta: I was wondering about his motivation and was ruling out trying to impress or intimidate. Any way, it is his doing all these practices at this time, with competition performances coming right up, that concerns me.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I hope Kanako does well, rumours circulating this could be her last season..

Not true. She was already preparing and thinking about next season's programs when she found out she had to replace Mao at 4CC.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
to get some happy mojo before 4CC during last weekend I went through some of my favourite programs/performances this season from skaters participating (this is actually my weekend routine :)), wishing all skaters good competition, but special :cheer: and :ghug: for:

- Satoko 'Tiny Queen' Miyahara
- Shoma 'Cuteness overload' Uno
- Kaitlyn and Andrew
- Maia and Alex
- Piper and Paul
- Wenjing 'Sassy Diva' Sui and Cong 'The Knight' Han
- Yu/Jin aka Exotic Flowers
- Mirai Nagasu
- Lubov and Dylan
- Elisabeth and Francois-Xavier
- Alaine Chartrand
- Kenji Tanaka
- Kanako Murakami
- Rika Hongo
- Ross Miner

Please do well :cheer: WOOOOT

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kanoko's short program one of the best in this season!

Let's be honest, Kanako's programs are usually the best of every season. :love: Unfortunately she's as underrated as she is underrotated (which is to say, often). :(

Let's hope for an amazing performance from her!!! (Followed by more ugly-happy-crying. :laugh:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
to get some happy mojo before 4CC during last weekend I went through some of my favourite programs/performances this season from skaters participating (this is actually my weekend routine :)), wishing all skaters good competition, but special :cheer: and :ghug: for:

- Satoko 'Tiny Queen' Miyahara
- Shoma 'Cuteness overload' Uno
- Kaitlyn and Andrew
- Maia and Alex
- Piper and Paul
- Wenjing 'Sassy Diva' Sui and Cong 'The Knight' Han
- Yu/Jin aka Exotic Flowers
- Mirai Nagasu
- Lubov and Dylan
- Elisabeth and Francois-Xavier
- Alaine Chartrand
- Kenji Tanaka
- Kanako Murakami
- Rika Hongo
- Ross Miner

Please do well :cheer: WOOOOT
:laugh2:

This...yes. :rofl:

My :ghug:'s for:

Gracie "PLEASE DON'T POP THINGS!!!" Gold
Karen "Baby Artistic Headcase" Chen
Mirai "Underrotator No More" Nagasu
#SuperbShibSlayage
Alaine "I Would Put Her On the Podium If She Wouldn't Try the Dang 3A" Chartrand
Rika "Because I Have to Have At Least One Favorite Who Doesn't Make Me Nervous" Hongo
Shoma "Leprechaun BB" Uno
Zijun "Artistic Headcase Who Did Really Well At a Home Worlds" Li
Kaetlyn "STOP HURTING YOURSELF" Osmond
Kanako "Stop Telling People I'm Retiring" Murakami
Wenjing "Sass Queen" Sui and Cong "No Idea What To Call Him" Han
Tarah and Danny
Probably somebody I'm forgetting

Last edited:

OniBan

Final Flight
I am in Taipei and have gotten my tickets. While the past two days have been downcast n quite rainy, today is good. I met Malaysian skater Julian Yee and his manager when I picked up the tickets yesterday!! They are both super nice and friendly.
Had a short chat and photo with him - let's wish him all the best in his competition!

Today I came a bit early and saw Boyang Jin going to the practice rink o_o
I feel a little starstruck hahaha

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I am in Taipei and have gotten my tickets. While the past two days have been downcast n quite rainy, today is good. I met Malaysian skater Julian Yee and his manager when I picked up the tickets yesterday!! They are both super nice and friendly.
Had a short chat and photo with him - let's wish him all the best in his competition!

Today I came a bit early and saw Boyang Jin going to the practice rink o_o
I feel a little starstruck hahaha

Yay!! Tell us all about it when you come back!

Eclair

Medalist
This Youtuber is posting practice vids, so far Shoma, Patrick, Boyang, Han, and Nan :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClzo_eob_5CzaYv5ArZ8KqA

WOW, Boyang's practice was exciting to watch - 4lz landed! ^^ And his SS and expression are WAY better, than I'd have imagined... and man, what's with that spring he has on jumps? and he almost collided with another guy in the first 10 s of his programm :scratch2:

Damn Patrick landing that 4t-3toe! Looking perfect. Still trouble on his triple axels though

Shoma being a little stumbly on his first jump, but his SS are great and I trust in him being a good competitor = bringing it all out and skating better at competitions than at practice.

Han yan seems to have a hard time - falling hard on his first jump and having trouble getting back into the programm

OniBan

Final Flight
How did anyone managed to get view the practice and make videos! So jealous XD XD I asked and they said the public can't watch the practices :(

Will write my on site report soon - it is a looong one and my body is still aching from the long walk around Taipei's Shilin night market XD

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This Youtuber is posting practice vids, so far Shoma, Patrick, Boyang, Han, and Nan :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClzo_eob_5CzaYv5ArZ8KqA

Boyang and Shoma seem to concentrate on the jumps. Thus the programs seem empty as we are shown mostly long preparations and mostly excellent jumps.

I hope Han is OK as the hard fall seems to hurt him and he pops the 3A. He skips most of the program but I like what I see.

Patrick does the run through, landing his quads beautifully. A couple of minor issues with later jumps. He will do well if he adjusts well to the ice, which he finds inconsistent.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Boyang and Shoma seem to concentrate on the jumps. Thus the programs seem empty as we are shown mostly long preparations and mostly excellent jumps.

I hope Han is OK as the hard fall seems to hurt him and he pops the 3A. He skips most of the program but I like what I see.

Patrick does the run through, landing his quads beautifully. A couple of minor issues with later jumps. He will do well if he adjusts well to the ice, which he finds inconsistent.

I think he landed one quad-triple...the other one looked like a triple toe to me.

the first half looks like 4t-3t, 2a, 3t.