Julian Zhi Jie Yee | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Julian Zhi Jie Yee

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where did you hear abt that? It's not mentioned on Julian's social media accounts nor Msian media

I googled it. Obviously it is old, the Olympics are over, but he has it open for donations, which I'm sure he still needs. It was mentioned in the Malaysian media in the past. Here is a link. https://www.kia.my/2017/11/29/09/56/28/

I understand thinking it might be a hoax, there are many of them out there, but since the media indeed got involved it would be most elaborate hoax I've ever seen.

Maybe someone should contact him and tell him he would be better served by starting a new Gofundme in this Olympic cycle.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
He has lost his sponsor! Here is his Gofundme. https://www.gofundme.com/f/x42k55c4

Where did you hear abt that? It's not mentioned on Julian's social media accounts nor Msian media

But moonvine, where did you hear that Julian has lost his sponsor??? Which sponsor??? He has had several corporate sponsors in the past, both before and after PyeongChang.

(I think that eaglehelang also was asking about sponsorship.)

Please don't get me wrong:
I am not questioning the legitimacy of your link to Julian's GoFundMe. (And I don't think eaglehelang was questioning it either.)
It is the same GoFundMe link that has been in the OP of this thread for three years. To be clear: I am not complaining that you reposted the link. I would be happy if anyone wanted to make a GoFundMe donation to Julian at this time.​

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But moonvine, where did you hear that Julian has lost his sponsor??? Which sponsor??? He has had several corporate sponsors in the past, both before and after PyeongChang.

(I think that eaglehelang also was asking about sponsorship.)

Please don't get me wrong:

I am not questioning the legitimacy of your link to Julian's GoFundMe. (And I don't think eaglehelang was questioning it either.)
It is the same GoFundMe link that has been in the OP of this thread for three years. To be clear: I am not complaining that you reposted the link. I would be happy if anyone wanted to make a GoFundMe donation to Julian at this time.​

Oh sorry. I don’t know which sponsor. It was discussed in the comp threads. Some people said he had lost his sponsor, I’m assuming it was discussed on their country’s Skate Canada broadcast. Someone else asked if he had a Gofundme because that person wanted to make a donation. I told them I couldn’t post it in the comp thread but I would post it in the fan thread. And someone has donated money so...hopefully they are connected. I will go back and see if I can determine which commentator/country said it. Sorry for my wrong assumption.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I googled it. Obviously it is old, the Olympics are over, but he has it open for donations, which I'm sure he still needs. It was mentioned in the Malaysian media in the past. Here is a link. https://www.kia.my/2017/11/29/09/56/28/

I understand thinking it might be a hoax, there are many of them out there, but since the media indeed got involved it would be most elaborate hoax I've ever seen.

Maybe someone should contact him and tell him he would be better served by starting a new Gofundme in this Olympic cycle.
I'm talking abt the lost of sponsor.
Cos if Julian really needs some funds, we can highlight it to the new sports minister.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh sorry. I don’t know which sponsor. It was discussed in the comp threads. Some people said he had lost his sponsor, I’m assuming it was discussed on their country’s Skate Canada broadcast. Someone else asked if he had a Gofundme because that person wanted to make a donation. I told them I couldn’t post it in the comp thread but I would post it in the fan thread. And someone has donated money so...hopefully they are connected. I will go back and see if I can determine which commentator/country said it. Sorry for my wrong assumption.

moonvine, thanks for your reply.
I do not have access to the competition threads, so I was not aware of the discussion there.
Perhaps it is true that Julian has lost a sponsor.

And whether it is true or not, I of course am not opposed to people making new donations to Julian's longstanding GoFundMe.

I'm talking abt the lost of sponsor.
Cos if Julian really needs some funds, we can highlight it to the new sports minister.

Thanks, eaglehelang.

One way or the other, I hope that Julian is receiving and/or will be able to receive as much funding as he needs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went back and checked the comp thread and it said lost his sponsor per Tracy. Wilson? I don’t know if she was commenting yesterday. Do y’all want me to pm the poster and ask?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I went back and checked the comp thread and it said lost his sponsor per Tracy. Wilson? I don’t know if she was commenting yesterday. Do y’all want me to pm the poster and ask?

Tracy Wilson was giving commentary for TSN, I believe. (I happened to have seen a photo on social media.)

And I consider Tracy reliable.

I'll let eaglehelang answer you about whether or not s/he wants you to seek more details.

In any case, thank you for your interest in Julian. :ghug:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tracy Wilson was giving commentary for TSN, I believe. (I happened to have seen a photo on social media.)

And I consider Tracy reliable.

I'll let eaglehelang answer you about whether or not s/he wants you to seek more details.

In any case, thank you for your interest in Julian. :ghug:

Awww...you know I love the small Fed skaters:luv17: