Julian Zhi Jie Yee | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Julian Zhi Jie Yee

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm an Official Fan, I think he is one of the best interpreters of music right now, and I am thrilled he is going to Korea.

One of the highlights of Nebelhorn.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember first seeing Julian from 2015 4CCs and being so impressed, and following him since then. In fact, I made a special point to watch the stream of earlier skaters at Worlds in Boston to see Julian, and although he was underscored:disapp: it was heartening to see the crowd in Boston boo at his scores; they knew he deserved more! Like everyone else, I love :luv17: his performance skills and commitment to his programs.

And now the Olympics! :yahoo: What a journey, and how proud he should be!:clap:

sam123

On the Ice
What is the purpose you want to know??
I am not a fan of gatherings or similar stuff

Its just a common question. North side, East side? And no, there will not be any gatherings of any sort. If you don't wish to reveal this information, then its fine. I don't mean to pry on your privacy, so if i did offend you in any way then i'm very sorry šŸ˜Š

iorii

On the Ice
Oh my god!!! I thought 'what kind of EX is he doing again, now?!' And as soon as it started I knew this man never ceases to amuse you!!

When he doesn't podium at a competition neither get invited for gala, we're the one who are at loss! Julian should always be invited for gala.

That cantilever is very special :rofl:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I watched the gala live last night, haven't had so much fun watching a gala in a long time (probably because the ones I see are always the Grand Prix and Worlds/Euros ones etc., and it's always the same people who get to skate). There were some spectacular performances, and Julian's just stood out in terms of pure entertainment. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the gala live last night, haven't had so much fun watching a gala in a long time (probably because the ones I see are always the Grand Prix and Worlds/Euros ones etc., and it's always the same people who get to skate). There were some spectacular performances, and Julian's just stood out in terms of pure entertainment. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Lucky you! :) I'm glad to see that he has a new exhibition for this year; "janitor with mop" was cute, but this definitely is adorable and high energy.

I think my standard for "I like a skater" (Jason, Misha, Elladj Balde, and of course Julian) is "Always gets invited to gala":laugh:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
No... really?!!
But he picked up after himself...:drama::biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay Julian!:clap:

Forgive my ignorance, but is the Jamur Gemilang the flag of Malaysia, or does it refer to something else?

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Yay Julian!:clap:

Forgive my ignorance, but is the Jamur Gemilang the flag of Malaysia, or does it refer to something else?

Haha, it's "Jalur Gemilang' -> 'Stripe/s of Glory' in malay. As you can see in the pic, Malaysia flag has red and white stripes like USA

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
New fan here! Binge watched his programs these past two days. He has great style, presence and makes sure to give a great performance to the audience. Loving his positive attitude and trying to expand the sport in his country and SE Asia: https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/976792018801356800

Congrats on making the free skate (must of been a bit bittersweet to get to OG and then miss the free by one place). Looking forward to his development over the next few years :).

eaglehelang

Final Flight
That save was a highlight of the program! You can see in the replay that great deep knee bend that saved him from even having to put his hand down. Excellent mindset as every point counts to make the free skate.

I know. ISU twitter made a gif out of it. Julian's 3A is usually pretty stable, I wanted to see what went wrong till he had to do the knee bend save.

Thanks for highlighting, I felt bad actually as Malaysian for not updating Julian's thread. There were some interviews,etc about him at the Olympics but forgot to post them here in midst of all the other skates.