Julian Zhi Jie Yee | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Julian Zhi Jie Yee

livetoskate

On the Ice
Oh man, those links have all been removed from youtube for copyright reasons. Anyone have a different link to Julian's SP? He's such a fun skater to watch. He's one of the few skaters where it doesn't matter if he doesn't land quads. His skating is very enjoyable.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Oh man, those links have all been removed from youtube for copyright reasons. Anyone have a different link to Julian's SP? He's such a fun skater to watch. He's one of the few skaters where it doesn't matter if he doesn't land quads. His skating is very enjoyable.

Try this one, courtesy of Kutien: https://radikal.ru/video/Fu9vNDTaQor

https://radikal.ru/video/aZzTi862sex

Julian's LP, thanks to Kutien for uploading.
He only got a Level 2 on his Step Seq, usually he gets Level 3

Thanks, as always love his performance ability. His PCS seems to have dropped from his Helsinki and Nebelhorn performances (although those were where IMO his programs peaked and were skated clean). I wonder what music he will skate to next season for the FS (I assume he is keeping his SP)?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Check out the Olympic Channel's feature (extended version) on Julian in their Far From Home Series. It gives some good insight into his family and upbringing, the challenges of taking on figure skating in a country where the sport was pretty much non-existent, and his overall inspiring story to become the first skater to represent his country at the Olympics. It's nice to also see the support he gets from his training center, his coach, and above all, his mother, whom I've realized (from his competition videos) is with Julian at the boards at every major competition.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Check out the Olympic Channel's feature (extended version) on Julian in their Far From Home Series. It gives some good insight into his family and upbringing, the challenges of taking on figure skating in a country where the sport was pretty much non-existent, and his overall inspiring story to become the first skater to represent his country at the Olympics. It's nice to also see the support he gets from his training center, his coach, and above all, his mother, whom I've realized (from his competition videos) is with Julian at the boards at every major competition.

Thank you so much for this story!! I admire Julian so much and have posted his skates on my FB page so my circle of friends are now aware of him and his accomplishments. He is remarkable..

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Thank you so much for this story!! I admire Julian so much and have posted his skates on my FB page so my circle of friends are now aware of him and his accomplishments. He is remarkable..

Thanks! He is really starting to get the recognition that he deserves. I recently watched some of his JGP performances from 2013-2015 and his improvement in skating skills, transitions, and carriage till now is remarkable. He has a great positive attitude of being an ambassador of the sport for his country and I believe he will go far. I'm hoping that he will start getting some Grand Prix assignments in the next two seasons. I know the audience there will love him :).

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Congrats to Julian for getting his first GP assignment, Skate America! :clap:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Julian has now been assigned to Rostelecom Cup. What an honour it must be for him!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^This is such good news!! He is a definite favorite.. I saw him skate at Boston Worlds 2016 and fell in :luv17: so did the audience apparently, booing judges because they felt his scores were lowballed.... Bostonites have taste!! :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
So, Julian is competing on the Grand Prix circuit this season?! Good for him! :yay: Am looking forward seeing him on TV, cheering for him like crazy!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Congrats Julian on finally landing a quad in competition. He did the 4S at ACI, with a +2 GOE from the judges

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^ His 4S in the SP was a beauty seen at the rink. He fell on one right before the warmup ended so I was very glad he was able to execute it during the performance.

He needs to improve his speed across the ice overall but I really enjoyed his FS today, and his performance and personality really fills the entire rink. The thing I admire from him is that he shows full commitment to his programs. I think this new FS is a great fit for him.

iorii

On the Ice
I couldn't believe my eyes when he landed that 4S. Julian took a huge leap from last season, he has improved so much! Super love his personality on ice, a unique skater. Proud of him! :hap10:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Too bad there was no gala at ACI, otherwise he could have roped even more fans in :biggrin:. Hope he gets invited to galas later this season and again present a signature comic routine full of personality (loved his medley of parodies last season).