Julian Zhi Jie Yee | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Julian Zhi Jie Yee

Haleth

On the Ice
Anyone have copies of Julian's ACI FS that haven't been taken down/disrupted because of copyright problems? The link above unfortunately won't work because of that, so I assume we'd need someone with a Google Drive copy or maybe placed on another site.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Anyone have copies of Julian's ACI FS that haven't been taken down/disrupted because of copyright problems? The link above unfortunately won't work because of that, so I assume we'd need someone with a Google Drive copy or maybe placed on another site.

I looked on the Skate Canada Daily Motion page and couldn't find it there either. Nor could I find the entire men's FS. Most of the rest of the competition is there.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

I looked on the Skate Canada Daily Motion page and couldn't find it there either. Nor could I find the entire men's FS. Most of the rest of the competition is there.

I found this one on Dailymotion (with music): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6u7y94
I myself am downloading a copy in case it gets taken down.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So somehow I'd never actually seen Julian skate before (even at ACI - not sure how I managed that given I saw most of it :slink:) but I loved his performance today - a massive congrats to him :cheer: and I look forward to watching his FS soon.

I've caught up on his EX/galas and they are great - I particularly enjoyed the Nebelhorn 2017 medley!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Agreed, BillNeal. The performance was one of highlights of the NIGHT, no doubt. :thumbsup: He was a joy to watch indeed. :rock:
The opening 4S-3T! :yes2: Was first time for me to see him land any quads in competitions, actually. Kudos to Julian and his coach.

Many many congrats to Julian for such a wonderful debut performance and the 3rd place in SP at SkAm!!! :clap:
Good luck to him in the Free. :hap10:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I REALLY REALLY wanted Julian to podium. I rewatched his FS and noticed that after he fell on the 4S, he brushed it off, put on a little smile, and went to the other side of the rink to land a 3A. Then gets the crowd going and kills the StSq. BOSS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXfYseQLG1I

He still put on a hell of a performance for the crowd. I'm sure with the amount of hard work he has put in to get to where he is today, he will be able to contend for more podiums, and then he will be able to handle pressure a lot better. A great GP debut for Julian nonetheless :).

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I'm so proud of Julian! He didn't medal but ending the short in 3rd is AMAZING. He's got the goods and I'm glad the rest of the world is hopping on the Julian train.

moonstruck

On the Ice
big props to Julian! I confess I really had never noticed him before Skate America, but he was a highlight of the event for me. his short program was absolutely lovely, and that gala performance was so fun. the shimmy cantilever was awesome!! I couldn't stop smiling watching him :)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for Julian's Skate America SP, go to the 2:06 mark of this video (the password is men): https://vimeo.com/292062713 His LP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Count me in as another impressed fan. Julian has really ramped up the technical goods with his awesome quad salchow combo. He's a great performer too.

sam123

On the Ice
It's been a while since I came here lol I missed out on so much. But yeay to Juju on his Olympics and GP debut! I can't wait for him to improve further.
I don't get some people lie yea y'all can compare a male skater with another male skater. But I saw a comment on his FS vid where this guy compared Juju to a female junior skater (who had the quad) and I just went:

:scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

Boy, compare an orange with an orange. Not an orange with an apple. And please don't let me start on ladies training on quads I'm hella worried smh

eaglehelang

Final Flight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hppLckywljg

Julian's interview with Astro Arena
A few points :
Julian said his bro Ryan was actually more talented in figure skating than he is. Julian more on hard working
FS in Msia- he believes there are talents in Msia but they dobt know the path to take. There 4 to 5 rinks only in the whole of Msia whereas in Canada one city has 8 rinks

The part where they show another guy is Julian's cousin who is racer.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Can't wait to see Julian at 4CC.. ALL the best and have a wonderful time!!:yahoo::hap10: