North Korea Figure Skating Festival 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

North Korea Figure Skating Festival 2016

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
It doesn't mean they still communicate, just that they probably share the same agent or at least that Artur is on good terms with Liza's agent.
boo
dont rain on my parade:laugh:

Is she allowed to post pics???
I hope she does post smth!

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
boo
dont rain on my parade:laugh:

Is she allowed to post pics???
I hope she does post dmth!
She doesn't even have access to the internet while there and very likely they took her phone too. Liza hasn't been on VK since the 13th.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
:rofl::tantrum:

poor CaroLiza:laugh2: he may take those comments to heart:laugh:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I personally don't mind that she's there. Like everyone else pretty much in the world I don't agree with NK's policies, but I think that complete isolation of the country doesn't help anything and hurts both citizens of North Korea (as it enables their government to deceive them even more easily) and to a smaller degree those outside it. I believe a lot in cultural exchange even of cultures that are on balance 'bad' in terms of how we perceive them. I think it is very valuable to be able to see how things work elsewhere in comparison to where you live. I don't have any worries for her safety- as a public figure she'll be treated well there and returned safely. I would have a problem if she were doing North Korean propaganda of some kind but I personally don't think this qualifies and am actually happy for her that she is getting exposure to such a radically different culture and country- this really is a unique opportunity she has available to her, I don't blame her for taking it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^ I know there's no problem with doing ice show in North Korea. After all people of that country deserve to enjoy top skating performance as much as people everywhere in the world. Plushy also went there.

But I am not sure if this is good for her from the federation's view. Because of this show she doesn't do The final cup of Russia I guess?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm a little shocked. But that could be me, I mean, Denis Rodman didn't shock be when he visited NK (I guess he just cannot shock me), but he regretted the visit afterwards.
Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Usher visited Qaddafi in Libya before his downfall as far as I know and I didn't like that either. So I guess her visit is nothing really unusal, dictators want to be seen with international stars and it looks like Jong-un is a figure skating fan so it seems only natural that he would want her to visit NK. But it's not her smartest move.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:eek:topic::eek:topic::eek:topic:

Dear users. Please, stop writing this shame. I ask moderators to stop this if you will continue. This thread about Liza, not about your hate to North Korea. Because if you are asking me - I love North Korea and their leader. But it doesn't matter, because this forum about figure skating and not about politics. so please, keep your thoughts to yourself and let's just continue to discuss only Liza
If this affects Liza badly then we are about to discuss it anyway.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Another video from NK FS Festival 2016 with Liza 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840UGmNN9hY
oh thx a lot :thank:
there was only a weee bit in the 1st one
She popped a jump:(

I dont think the Fed has anything against her going there:confused2: It did nothing bad for Plushy as far as I know, right?

I feel sympathy for everyone who is seen evil by the west so:slink: It considered the country I was born in, the USSR, pure evil (& pretty much still does to this day) & I cant disagree more with their view
People should be able to enjoy skating in every part of the world & Im super happy for NK ppl who saw such awesome skaters like Liza, Artur & Elladj ! I bet they had a gret time! No borders for skating!

Last edited:

alskling

On the Ice
Propaganda opens fire.
Every one hates everyone.
Evil here, evil there, evil ... everywhere
One hate NK, another hate Russia...another hate USA....and more...and more...
Stop it...Everything was just a joke.
Disgusting.:disagree:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I hope she took selfie with Kim Jong-un

Why not. She is adorable and passionate.
NK news report:
""She charmed him into giving her all his love..."
:laugh:

:rofl::tantrum:

poor CaroLiza:laugh2: she may take those comments to heart:laugh:

Actually, I found those comments really funny.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a "he", not a "she".

This is going to sound really ironic given my role in the "Get Low" debate, but I don't really understand why all the hysteria. Yes, we all know North Korea is part of the "axis of evil", a "rogue state", a "threat to the free world", etc.

But, as you should all know by now, I am a great believer that politics should stay out of sport. Yes, this event was held to honour the memory of a politician. But, it is not as if the skaters were actively endorsing the political system there. They were just doing what they normally do - skating.

tulosai's post above summed up everything perfectly. That is how I feel too. Except, I couldn't have put it as well as she did. :bow:

I feel sympathy for everyone who is seen evil by the west so:slink: It considered the country I was born in, the USSR, pure evil (& pretty much still does to this day) & I cant disagree more with their view
People should be able to enjoy skating in every part of the world & Im super happy for NK ppl who saw such awesome skaters like Liza, Artur & Elladj ! I bet they had a gret time! No borders for skating!

Propaganda opens fire.
One hate NK, another hate Russia...another hate USA....and more...and more...
Stop it...Everything was just a joke.
Disgusting.:disagree:

:clap: :points: to both of you!

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Propaganda opens fire.
I still naively have hope that 1 day everyone realises that essentially we're all the same. No one is better than anyone. Every individual around the world has his bad & good sides. Basically like a skater. Someone is better at jumps, another at spins :biggrin:

Oh, and by the way, I'm a "he", not a "she".
lol sorry ofc I know u're a he!:yay: misspelling on my part:hopelessness:

& I dont think this trip stopped Liza from going to RCF.
Mishin probs didnt find it having any purpose b/c he didnt consider Liza for Worlds anyway so why take part in RCF:shrug:

Last edited: