2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds, General Info & Entries

randomfan

Record Breaker
Just toss some lipstick in there along with a few hairbands, tell them the purse belongs to your wife/girlfriend and you're just bringing it to her. (Bonus points if you complain about how she made you run all the way back to the hotel and get it for her.) Make sure you hold the purse as awkwardly as possible.

:laugh: That's a great idea! I'll be making a note of this for the future. :biggrin:

I'm not going to Worlds, but I seriously can't believe that they allow no water bottles in the arena. I mean, water! WATER!!! No stains, because it's WATER!!!!!! Like CoyoteChris said, you might need it for medication or something urgent. Or maybe you could get fuming angry after seeing an inflated score and need some water to cool down...:slink: Who would want to go through the trouble of going all the way out of the arena just to get a cup of water? :confused:

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we all know it's just a money making scheme to sell expensive water for the vendors. Same deal at the airports - you can't bring in your own water from outside but they're perfectly happy to sell you a bottle when you pass security.

As I mentioned in my post from Andrew, they are perfectly fine with you bringing their vendor's water bottles into the arena.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I guess then that I'm buying a bottle of water in the arena and refilling it multiple times a day. Still not ideal.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I think we all know it's just a money making scheme to sell expensive water for the vendors. Same deal at the airports - you can't bring in your own water from outside but they're perfectly happy to sell you a bottle when you pass security.

As I mentioned in my post from Andrew, they are perfectly fine with you bringing their vendor's water bottles into the arena.

But at least the TSA lets you bring in an empty water bottle so you can fill it up at the fountains. Meanwhile this TD Garden rule is just ridiculous. :rolleye:

If I buy the expensive water bottle from the arena, come back the next day with it, I wonder what would happen. I mean, I could argue that I did buy it from inside the arena with a receipt to prove it...right? ;)

anirien

Rinkside
I thought it was TD Garden policy that you can bring in a sealed bottle of water or an empty water bottle. It's pretty ridiculous to expect guests who will be spending all day at this event to pay $4+ every time they want some water. I hope event organizers will confirm we can still bring in sealed or empty bottles.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I received an email about the water bottle question. The answer from the LOC about bringing in an empty water bottle is: •TD Garden has a no water bottle policy. This includes empty refillable bottles.

I don't think it will make any difference if you try to bring in an empty Dasani bottle (sold in arena). If security finds it, they will take it.

I thought it was TD Garden policy that you can bring in a sealed bottle of water or an empty water bottle. It's pretty ridiculous to expect guests who will be spending all day at this event to pay $4+ every time they want some water. I hope event organizers will confirm we can still bring in sealed or empty bottles.

anirien

Rinkside
I received an email about the water bottle question. The answer from the LOC about bringing in an empty water bottle is: •TD Garden has a no water bottle policy. This includes empty refillable bottles.

I don't think it will make any difference if you try to bring in an empty Dasani bottle (sold in arena). If security finds it, they will take it.

Weird, I could swear their official policies said it was allowed. I have an empty water bottle with a purifying filter on it that I was planning to take with me but I don't want it to end up getting confiscated. I understand that kind of policy for a hockey game or a concert, but for an all day event like this it seems pretty harsh.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sealed bottles are no longer allowed either. This was one of the recent changes :palmf: You can still bring in coffee/tea/small breakfast items before 11am. So just bring in a cup of water if you are there before 11 and refill it.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
An online acquaintance posted that their tour group leader had been informed of a change in policy and that TD Garden and security decided to ban tablets. That decision was confirmed by the LOC: •TD Garden has a no tablet policy.

I haven't seen this published on the TD Garden or Worlds website so I am not sure how it can be enforced. The only thing as of this morning on either website was a ban on laptops. It is possible that the TD Garden and Worlds website will be updated to reflect this new policy. If I find anything else. I will post the information.

Does anyone know if we can bring iPads in??

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The arena policies keep getting more ridiculous. It's almost as if they don't want anyone showing up at the beginning of these 5-hour sessions. Expect the first hour or two of most events to be ghost towns. :dumb:

L_Canada

Rinkside
An online acquaintance posted that their tour group leader had been informed of a change in policy and that TD Garden and security decided to ban tablets. That decision was confirmed by the LOC: •TD Garden has a no tablet policy.

I haven't seen this published on the TD Garden or Worlds website so I am not sure how it can be enforced. The only thing as of this morning on either website was a ban on laptops. It is possible that the TD Garden and Worlds website will be updated to reflect this new policy. If I find anything else. I will post the information.

Wow! Not sure I understand the reasoning for banning them but oh well. I am assuming we can bring cell phones lol?? They could not possibly ban those too.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I did not interpret Andrew's email to me today as that. Here is what he said, below. (My take is that there will be no water bottles of any kind allowed through security but you are welcome to pay $5.00 or whatever for a bottle once you are inside. Since we can bring in Coffee and tea and ? early in the morning before 11:00 am, this will be a major cluster for security personal. I suggest carrying a copy of the policy and asking for a supervisor if we are NOT allowed to bring in drinks before 11 am.
(My question below his answer)
Hi Chris,
Yes, that is correct. They will not allow any water bottles. You will be able to purchase water once you are in the building.
Sincerely,
Andrew
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Chris> wrote:

Thanks Andrew...I assume you mean that we can not have any sealed water bottles or empty water bottles?
Chris

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Cell phones are ok so far :unsure:. I don't think there is any way that TD Garden can ban the phones. I don't really understand why all this stuff is coming out so close to the event. Someone on FSU suggested that fans holding up tablets to record programs could easily block other fans view. Of course at Nationals they frequently announced that recording the competition on tablets or cell phones was prohibited, but that isn't going to really stop people from recording. And, those fans that are recording when they aren't supposed to be may be the ones who upload to youtube.

On a slightly brighter note the FAQs on the LOC website has been amended to prohibit large bags....so if the bag is smaller it looks like it will be allowed after search. Also, the coffee, tea and small breakfast items have been expanded to cover all the early practices up to 11 a.m.

Wow! Not sure I understand the reasoning for banning them but oh well. I am assuming we can bring cell phones lol?? They could not possibly ban those too.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

This is just a wild guess but they arent stupid and they KNOW how difficult it will be to get 12,000 plus fans into the arena through security after clearing it a few hours before. If they had their way, all they really want you to bring in is your coat and your program and your man/woman purse. You put those and your cell phone in the bucket and walk through the metal detector, pic up your things and head for the ticket line. And then buy your second $5.00 bottle of water. I understand the need for security in this day and age, but the water thing is nothing but a ploy to squeeze a few extra bucks out of fans who paid $1600 for a ticket.....BTW, if it IS possible to fill water bottles in the bathroom sinks, just remember to practice good hygiene and remember where people's hands were before they touched the water taps if they are manual and not automatic.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think we are saying the same thing. My response is TD Garden will not allow water bottles in - doesn't matter if they are full or empty.

Andrew told you they will not allow any water bottles. So the same answer I received - no bottles allowed.

I agree that the reason for this is they want you to purchase water in TD Garden for $4.50. I remember struggling at Nationals in 2014 trying to refill the bottle of water I purchased in the bathroom. It was extremely difficult to refill because of a very short spout on the faucet and the water would only spray out for about 15 seconds. Of course this was the ladies bathroom and the mens may have been different.
I did not interpret Andrew's email to me today as that. Here is what he said, below. (My take is that there will be no water bottles of any kind allowed through security but you are welcome to pay $5.00 or whatever for a bottle once you are inside. Since we can bring in Coffee and tea and ? early in the morning before 11:00 am, this will be a major cluster for security personal. I suggest carrying a copy of the policy and asking for a supervisor if we are NOT allowed to bring in drinks before 11 am.
(My question below his answer)
Hi Chris,
Yes, that is correct. They will not allow any water bottles. You will be able to purchase water once you are in the building.
Sincerely,
Andrew
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Chris> wrote:

Thanks Andrew...I assume you mean that we can not have any sealed water bottles or empty water bottles?
Chris

Batsuchan

Medalist
Hi - does anyone know if we can bring in stuffed animals to throw onto the ice? :confused:

Or can someone give me Andrew's email address so I can ask? :bow:

Thanks!!