27th Sportland Trophy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

27th Sportland Trophy

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You can not compare with scores for nationals (they are always high) and BAV. Open are overscored as well, because Germans need high scores to make it in the National Team and at that competition they sort of take care that those who have not gotten the scores yet will get them. So of course everyone else gets high scores as well. Just compare with SP scores at YOG Games (Shiraiwa clean SP 60pt.)

I never heard about the Germans offering high scores in their opens. Nebelhorn, I think, is quite conservative in scoring. But anyway, I watched the SP video and looked at the protocols. Alisa received -3 GOE for her 3Lo-3Lo which is fair. Hence, the only point to discuss is whether it was UR or not. The rest of the program was marvelous and her GOE is well deserved. Sorry, I cannot compare Lozko with Yuna S. because I just find Yuna a "good average skater" with non-inspiring programs while Lozko so far is superb. And her getting 120 in FS with 181 combined shows that next year she will be the one to watch. Her main task is to stay injury-free. The other one is to strengthen up her jump content. Then she can be competitive with Polina Tsurskaya aiming at the very top.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
is my eyes deceiving me or did Kevin just do 3F3T3Lo? :shocked:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
How's he looking so far?

fell on 4t and doubled lutz and fell but apart from that i think it was very good, his layout >> 4s 4t 3a 3f3t3lo (cant be sure about 3lo though hahah) 2lz 2a3t 3s 3l , dont remember order in 2nnd half :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
fell on 4t and doubled lutz and fell but apart from that i think it was very good, his layout >> 4s 4t 3a 3f3t3lo (cant be sure about 3lo though hahah) 2lz 2a3t 3s 3l , dont remember order in 2nnd half :biggrin:

How did the 4S look?

Now I REALLY wish his SP got the TES minimum. Oh well. At least he can end his season with an international medal! :) That's always good to end it on it especially seeing it as a comeback season!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
How did the 4S look?

Now I REALLY wish his SP got the TES minimum. Oh well. At least he can end his season with an international medal! :) That's always good to end it on it especially seeing it as a comeback season!

it seemed good to me but now slowmo so cant be sure about UR , i hope we could see clean SP from him, i love that SP, became easily one of my faves this season

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
it seemed good to me but now slowmo so cant be sure about UR , i hope we could see clean SP from him, i love that SP, became easily one of my faves this season

I like his SP a lot too! It shows a bit of spunk and personality! And that FP just CAPTIVATES me. He's definitely getting back to his old form. Which makes me SO happy! :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How did the 4S look?

He won! I told you he would be just fine here. ;) Coming back after the problems he had can't be easy at all, but this should definitely be a confidence builder, especially after that nightmare SP at 4CC.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He won! I told you he would be just fine here. ;) Coming back after the problems he had can't be easy at all, but this should definitely be a confidence builder, especially after that nightmare SP at 4CC.

YES! I'm really surprised on how fast he was able to come back! Though it wasn't perfect, it was a comeback season nonetheless. I still wish the SP was a bit better, but we can't get everything we want. And winning an international competition is a great way to end a season I think. I'm super proud of him on how much determination he has in coming back this season where I didn't think he would come back this season. But I've been (Oh gosh I'm almost tearing up typing this) blown away. It's like he picked up where he left off before things got downhill last season. From qualifying for nationals, getting on the podium, jumping from 20th to 11th place at the 4CC, and winning an international competition, I can't believe how much he's done since early December of 2015. :) And a TES of 77 in the FP! Looks like he's close to where he was before.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
YES! I'm really surprised on how fast he was able to come back! Though it wasn't perfect, it was a comeback season nonetheless. I still wish the SP was a bit better, but we can't get everything we want. And winning an international competition is a great way to end a season I think. I'm super proud of him on how much determination he has in coming back this season where I didn't think he would come back this season. But I've been (Oh gosh I'm almost tearing up typing this) blown away. It's like he picked up where he left off before things got downhill last season. From qualifying for nationals, getting on the podium, jumping from 20th to 11th place at the 4CC, and winning an international competition, I can't believe how much he's done since early December of 2015. :) And a TES of 77 in the FP! Looks like he's close to where he was before.

good news, everything is rotated except 3lo at 3 jump combo!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
good news, everything is rotated except 3lo at 3 jump combo!

So it WAS a 3-3-3 combo! That's a rare thing for even men singles skaters to do!

Another high note to land both quads fully rotated!! Even though one was a fall.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:) impressive that all jumps were rotated except for the third jump in the combo....

FANTASTIC !

of course, this layout will not last as he is repeating the 3T and the 3Lo for now on his comeback trail but i hope he keeps the 3F-3T-3Lo combo ;)
So it WAS a 3-3-3 combo! That's a rare thing for even men singles skaters to do!

Another high note to land both quads fully rotated!! Even though one was a fall.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if there are any tweets for links of pics of the medal ceremony or something along the matter?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Pity about Liza and her injury, Isa did pretty well in the Free.

Last edited: