Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

ecr1221

Rinkside
Must've been some intense practices to know you're fighting to hold onto a GP spot that you were already assigned. :frown:

If they let her compete in the spot, that must mean her practices were at least somewhat good. Therefore, I hope this isnt a mental thing of wanting it too much

Scott512

Record Breaker
Must've been some intense practices to know you're fighting to hold onto a GP spot that you were already assigned. :frown:

Unbelievable pressure on her since I guess the Federation was thinking about pulling her GP. They should have pulled Maria's once they saw her poor form at test skates. But Stasya looked so good at Aurora Games so it's very surprising she struggled so much in her Challenger and two grand prix events.

I don't understand the stuff about puberty though. Stasya should be through puberty. She referred to herself as being 20 years old but isn't she 19?

Stasya did well at Russian Nationals last December. Those good memories need to be with her this December.

Scott512

Record Breaker
They could've pulled Stasya because she was a host pick - Maria in France wasn't.

Okay but it did not happen and it should not have happened. I wonder if Stasyas out of balance physically because she mentioned puberty issues even at her age. but if something has happened and she gained just two or three pounds for instant second throw off a lot of things. now she has to get it together for Nationals where she was very good last year and finished fourth behind the then 3A babies.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She also said that she’s going through puberty again, if I’m not wrong.

Amazing. That would only make Stasya even more special than she already is. I have never heard of any girl going through two puberties. Or maybe this is just a continuation from ages 14 15 16 and so on. Whatever it is she has to make the adjustment and her skating and I hope she does.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Does this look like she threw in the towel for the pre-National Championships season?

Whatever is bothering her, she better tries to get it sorted out in the 6 weeks remaining. Based on shown performances and results, FFKKR will be hard pressed to keep her on the top national selection.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does this look like she threw in the towel for the pre-National Championships season?

Whatever is bothering her, she better tries to get it sorted out in the 6 weeks remaining. Based on shown performances and results, FFKKR will be hard pressed to keep her on the top national selection.

Stasya did very well and the Russian Nationals last year and that should give her confidence heading into this year's Russian Nationals even though she's having a tough season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Stanislava Konstantinova: I want to be the best version of myself

Stanislava Konstantinova is 19 years old. At the Russian Championships, she was one of the most adult participants - only Yevgeniya Medvyedeva (20 years old) and Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva (23) were older. By her nineteen, the athlete had not yet managed to win major titles and regalia, but thanks to her emotionality, perseverance and unconditional beauty, she became one of the most popular and beloved Russian figure skaters.

In an interview with TASS, the athlete told how she has to deal with inevitable recessions in her career, about how she admires the example of Tuktamysheva, why she is pleased to compete in the Grand Prix and at the “gas station championships” and how it feels to ride when everyone is waiting for you to fail.

-- Stasya, with the Championship of Russia, your first third of the season can be considered completed.

- The beginning came out quite peppy - performed at this festival in the USA as a preparation for the season, then the Open Test Skates. Not without errors, but also not bad, and then ... Then there was a crisis, from which I still trying to get out of..

--y What are the reasons?

- There was some reappraisal. I worked-worked, coped with problems, knew that I could, knew that you can never fold your legs. At some point, I turned off these thoughts, and at that very moment it struck me.

I began to doubt, think - what is wrong with me? Or maybe something is fundamentally wrong with me? What a painful moment this was. So painful that three weeks ago I didn’t manage to tune in to the tournament in Bratislava. Plus, by that time my skates were broken.

-- One "pleasure" after the other ....

- That's for sure, and it didn’t add to my good feelings at all. And then the Grand Prix in the USA and a complete collapse, failure. How much I worked after that, tried to disconnect, did everything, and now I became satisfied with myself, I saw the difference. And then the Grand Prix in Moscow and the fall from a Lutz. Panic! And the more mistakes you make, the more you panic.

-- And then the error in your free program.

- Small, and not like it made me upset or tired of fighting. It just happens that way - an athlete crumbles, and that’s it. And I can no longer do more.

-- Stasya, you try to get more complicated (programs) all the time, but have you ever thought about concentrating on what is already there?” Or is it necessary to break through the walls with your head in figure skating?

- I think it's worth a beat. But, probably, it is necessary to differentiate everything to the maximum, so that all this does not affect what I already know how. Plus self-confidence, because sometimes you can’t even get a quarter of what you can do.

-- Since we are talking about numbers. Is the tall double Axel you jump this season a good basis for a triple Axel? I understand correctly that the thought of it doesn't leave you?

- Of course! No matter how difficult. It is foolish to limit yourself to the limits of your own abilities. I couldn't stabilise the Axel in any way over the summer - it was either better or worse. Questions of technique and weight.

-- Nevertheless, your skating has its own strengths.

- I understand that each has its own advantages. For example, after the September Test Skates I didn’t even think about what next? I told myself: I can skate as much as I want. And if something doesn’t work out now, don’t be so upset - it won’t be better. Nobody canceled the possibility of desires, coupled with hard work. And there are many worthy examples around. People from oblivion almost came back, and how!

The same Liza Tuktamysheva - I infinitely respect and admire her, despite the fact that she is my competitor. Or Carolina Costner, who to this day gives people joy.

I dig in, I work on such an exertion, as if squeezing out all the juices from myself. But now I think - in this eternal race the result will not be so good than if you work with a bright head. Yes, I had a panic. But I love to skate. And further, even if I am left without the Grand Prix, I can skate the Cups, and even at the “gas station championships”. I will do this - I like it.

-- At 19, in our time, many are already finishing their careers.

- Many of us try not to read the comments. It hurts when they write: "you have to finish," "you take someone's place." When a person in this or that profession, doing his job day after day, fails to do something, you can tell him to go and look for another job, you have nothing to do here? Or when a person studies in university, study for a long time, but they say to him - go look for another one, what have you forgotten here? How is that possible?

I understood for myself - there are people who just like you, there are those who really care about you. Yes, I’m not looking for excuses for my unsuccessful performances - you are an athlete, you must do it, wake yourself in the middle of the night. But I decided for myself personally - I will fight honestly. I have time and energy. And I know, I’ll pull myself out, wherever I have to.

-- How important is communication with a coach in difficult situations for you?

- With Valentina Mikhailovna, we have this - on ice we try to minimize communication. She, as a trainer, says what to do, - I do. Or ask my opinion. Yes, I like to talk, to philosophise, but in that case she says to me: "After the training we will discuss." On ice, it is demanding, in life, if I need support, this is another communication.

-- What qualities do you lack, what would you like to wish yourself to learn?

- Probably reckless courage. Without "what if ", or "what if suddenly."

-- Strange, you do not give the impression of a timid girl.

- I am brave, but sometimes I allow myself to doubt myself. I am very self-critical and demanding.

-- Perhaps you need to slow down in this regard? Self-criticism is wonderful, but doubts about one's strengths are no good for long.

- And the truth is some kind of excess. And I would also wish myself thick-skinned. Now many say: "you are not in shape," "you have recovered." I want to plug my ears, sit and cry.

But when I felt the support of the audience at the Moscow Grand Prix, I felt the buzz from the sport returning. And no matter how great the temptation to take a break, in order to promise yourself "I will return as a new person," we must fight. Returning after a pause in our sport is incredibly difficult. Show, work, study, and you're in a different life. The progress in our sport is unrealistic, so skate, solve your problems, do what you should, get ready for the next start without a stupid load and show what you can do. But it’s not easy to go out, knowing that they are expecting another failure from you.

-- But are other people's expectations so important?

- Probably not now. I want to be the best version of myself, and I understand that this season will be a turning point for me. I’m not going to pause and don’t want to, I want to keep myself in shape. So there are many plans for the next season.

- How important is communication with a coach in difficult situations for you?

- With Valentina Mikhailovna, we have this - on ice we try to minimize communication. She, as a trainer, says what to do, - I do. Or ask my opinion. Yes, I like to talk, to philosophize, but in that case she says to me: "After the training we will discuss." On ice, it is demanding, in life, if I need support, this is another communication.

- What qualities do you lack, what would you like to wish yourself to learn?

- Probably reckless courage. Without "what if," "what if suddenly."

- Strange, you do not make the impression of a timid girl.

“I am brave, but sometimes I allow myself to doubt myself.” I am very self-critical and demanding.

- Perhaps you need to slow down in this regard? Self-criticism is wonderful, but doubts about one's strengths are no longer very good.

- And the truth is some kind of excess. And I would also wish myself thick-skinned. Now many say: "you are not in shape," "you have recovered." I want to plug my ears, sit and cry.

But when I felt the support of the audience at the Moscow Grand Prix, I felt - the buzz from the sport returns. And no matter how great the temptation to take a break, in order to promise yourself "I will return as a new man," we must fight. Returning after a pause in our sport is incredibly difficult. Show, work, study, and you're in a different life. The progress in our sport is unrealistic, so skate, solve problems, do what you should, get ready for the next start without a stupid load and show what you can do. But it’s not easy to go out, knowing that they are expecting another failure from you.

- But are other people's expectations so important?

- Probably not now. I want to be the best version of myself, and I understand that this season will be a turning point for me. I’m not going to pause and don’t want to, I want to keep myself in shape. So there are many plans for the next season.

(c) Veronika Sovyetova
-----

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stanislava Konstantinova: I want to be the best version of myself

Stanislava Konstantinova is 19 years old. At the Russian Championships, she was one of the most adult participants - only Yevgeniya Medvyedeva (20 years old) and Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva (23) were older. By her nineteen, the athlete had not yet managed to win major titles and regalia, but thanks to her emotionality, perseverance and unconditional beauty, she became one of the most popular and beloved Russian figure skaters.

In an interview with TASS, the athlete told how she has to deal with inevitable recessions in her career, about how she admires the example of Tuktamysheva, why she is pleased to compete in the Grand Prix and at the “gas station championships” and how it feels to ride when everyone is waiting for you to fail.

-- Stasya, with the Championship of Russia, your first third of the season can be considered completed.

- The beginning came out quite peppy - performed at this festival in the USA as a preparation for the season, then the Open Test Skates. Not without errors, but also not bad, and then ... Then there was a crisis, from which I still trying to get out of..

--y What are the reasons?

- There was some reappraisal. I worked-worked, coped with problems, knew that I could, knew that you can never fold your legs. At some point, I turned off these thoughts, and at that very moment it struck me.

I began to doubt, think - what is wrong with me? Or maybe something is fundamentally wrong with me? What a painful moment this was. So painful that three weeks ago I didn’t manage to tune in to the tournament in Bratislava. Plus, by that time my skates were broken.

-- One "pleasure" after the other ....

- That's for sure, and it didn’t add to my good feelings at all. And then the Grand Prix in the USA and a complete collapse, failure. How much I worked after that, tried to disconnect, did everything, and now I became satisfied with myself, I saw the difference. And then the Grand Prix in Moscow and the fall from a Lutz. Panic! And the more mistakes you make, the more you panic.

-- And then the error in your free program.

- Small, and not like it made me upset or tired of fighting. It just happens that way - an athlete crumbles, and that’s it. And I can no longer do more.

-- Stasya, you try to get more complicated (programs) all the time, but have you ever thought about concentrating on what is already there?” Or is it necessary to break through the walls with your head in figure skating?

- I think it's worth a beat. But, probably, it is necessary to differentiate everything to the maximum, so that all this does not affect what I already know how. Plus self-confidence, because sometimes you can’t even get a quarter of what you can do.

-- Since we are talking about numbers. Is the tall double Axel you jump this season a good basis for a triple Axel? I understand correctly that the thought of it doesn't leave you?

- Of course! No matter how difficult. It is foolish to limit yourself to the limits of your own abilities. I couldn't stabilise the Axel in any way over the summer - it was either better or worse. Questions of technique and weight.

-- Nevertheless, your skating has its own strengths.

- I understand that each has its own advantages. For example, after the September Test Skates I didn’t even think about what next? I told myself: I can skate as much as I want. And if something doesn’t work out now, don’t be so upset - it won’t be better. Nobody canceled the possibility of desires, coupled with hard work. And there are many worthy examples around. People from oblivion almost came back, and how!

The same Liza Tuktamysheva - I infinitely respect and admire her, despite the fact that she is my competitor. Or Carolina Costner, who to this day gives people joy.

I dig in, I work on such an exertion, as if squeezing out all the juices from myself. But now I think - in this eternal race the result will not be so good than if you work with a bright head. Yes, I had a panic. But I love to skate. And further, even if I am left without the Grand Prix, I can skate the Cups, and even at the “gas station championships”. I will do this - I like it.

-- At 19, in our time, many are already finishing their careers.

- Many of us try not to read the comments. It hurts when they write: "you have to finish," "you take someone's place." When a person in this or that profession, doing his job day after day, fails to do something, you can tell him to go and look for another job, you have nothing to do here? Or when a person studies in university, study for a long time, but they say to him - go look for another one, what have you forgotten here? How is that possible?

I understood for myself - there are people who just like you, there are those who really care about you. Yes, I’m not looking for excuses for my unsuccessful performances - you are an athlete, you must do it, wake yourself in the middle of the night. But I decided for myself personally - I will fight honestly. I have time and energy. And I know, I’ll pull myself out, wherever I have to.

-- How important is communication with a coach in difficult situations for you?

- With Valentina Mikhailovna, we have this - on ice we try to minimize communication. She, as a trainer, says what to do, - I do. Or ask my opinion. Yes, I like to talk, to philosophise, but in that case she says to me: "After the training we will discuss." On ice, it is demanding, in life, if I need support, this is another communication.

-- What qualities do you lack, what would you like to wish yourself to learn?

- Probably reckless courage. Without "what if ", or "what if suddenly."

-- Strange, you do not give the impression of a timid girl.

- I am brave, but sometimes I allow myself to doubt myself. I am very self-critical and demanding.

-- Perhaps you need to slow down in this regard? Self-criticism is wonderful, but doubts about one's strengths are no good for long.

But when I felt the support of the audience at the Moscow Grand Prix, I felt the buzz from the sport returning. And no matter how great the temptation to take a break, in order to promise yourself "I will return as a new person," we must fight. Returning after a pause in our sport is incredibly difficult. Show, work, study, and you're in a different life. The progress in our sport is unrealistic, so skate, solve your problems, do what you should, get ready for the next start without a stupid load and show what you can do. But it’s not easy to go out, knowing that they are expecting another failure from you.

-- But are other people's expectations so important?

- How important is communication with a coach in difficult situations for you?

- With Valentina Mikhailovna, we have this - on ice we try to minimize communication. She, as a trainer, says what to do, - I do. Or ask my opinion. Yes, I like to talk, to philosophize, but in that case she says to me: "After the training we will discuss." On ice, it is demanding, in life, if I need support, this is another communication.

- What qualities do you lack, what would you like to wish yourself to learn?

- Probably reckless courage. Without "what if," "what if suddenly."

- Strange, you do not make the impression of a timid girl.

“I am brave, but sometimes I allow myself to doubt myself.” I am very self-critical and demanding.

- Perhaps you need to slow down in this regard? Self-criticism is wonderful, but doubts about one's strengths are no longer very good.

But when I felt the support of the audience at the Moscow Grand Prix, I felt - the buzz from the sport returns. And no matter how great the temptation to take a break, in order to promise yourself "I will return as a new man," we must fight. Returning after a pause in our sport is incredibly difficult. Show, work, study, and you're in a different life. The progress in our sport is unrealistic, so skate, solve problems, do what you should, get ready for the next start without a stupid load and show what you can do. But it’s not easy to go out, knowing that they are expecting another failure from you.

- But are other people's expectations so important?

(c) Veronika Sovyetova
-----

She is just one of the nicest and most considerate athletes in the world today. I only wish for Stasya to be happy and it hurts to know that she's really suffering with this season. But this is the life of a high-level athlete like Stanislava.

Timo T

Rinkside
Stasya officially left Valentina Chebotareva.
Stasya: "We stopped cooperating with Valentina Mikhailovna. I thank her for the years of trainings, for believing in me, for working with me and for teaching me everything. I hope everything will go well for us and we will keep our good relationship. Now I've started training again. I'm going to get in the working mode step by step".
Today Stasya had a training session in Plushenko's Academy. It's not yet known whether Evgeni Plushenko will be her new coach or it will be someone from his Academy. The name of the new coach is not announced yet.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stasya: "We stopped cooperating with Valentina Mikhailovna. I thank her for the years of trainings, for believing in me, for working with me and for teaching me everything. I hope everything will go well for us and we will keep our good relationship. Now I've started training again. I'm going to get in the working mode step by step".
Today Stasya had a training session in Plushenko's Academy. It's not yet known whether Evgeni Plushenko will be her new coach or it will be someone from his Academy. The name of the new coach is not announced yet.

Stasya it's so classy I'm not surprised she left on good terms. but let's be honest she really needed a change after so many years with the same coach.

It would be very interesting if she ended up with Plushenko. He is a true legend and can get Stanislava connected to people who will put her in shows and exhibitions where she can make a living like Adelina does.

LynsJ

On the Ice

Oh this is interesting I think a change will be good for her whatever path she decides to take!

Tutto

Record Breaker
Obviously something was not working and I am glad Stanislava is not afraid to change and try new things before it is too late
I wish we could see her SP 'February' again - as it surely could have been one of the best programs of this season
Good luck, Stanislava!