Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

SkateSkates

Medalist
What? Wow. I think Stasya loves Russia too much to switch countries. But some Russian girls may choose to do just and I wouldn't blame any of them.

Good interview. I hope. SK can learn 3A. But I wonder if she's too tall to develope 3A. All ladies who do them are short.

Mirai and Mao are not that short so there is hope for her (although she is slightly taller than them)

Tutto

Record Breaker
I hope Stasya can do it. She needs to develope 3a if possible.

I doubt it tbh, she really need to work on her consistency which isn't great now as it is and what would become of it if she starts putting 3A in competition?

Meanwhile, Stanislava is definitely taking part in Russian Cup Final competing against Liza T and Evgenia. She will be skating 2nd in the second group, SP is on Thursday. Tatjana Flade is there - the relatively minor comp is turning into some event this year. All tickets reportedly sold :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I doubt it tbh, she really need to work on her consistency which isn't great now as it is and what would become of it if she starts putting 3A in competition?

Meanwhile, Stanislava is definitely taking part in Russian Cup Final competing against Liza T and Evgenia. She will be skating 2nd in the second group, SP is on Thursday. Tatjana Flade is there - the relatively minor comp is turning into some event this year. All tickets reportedly sold :laugh:
Not too minor an event is it? ;)

3a will be hard for Stasya to learn. But she might as well try.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just updated her OP. Since it contained very little information, I've added all the programs and results and as many videos as I could find. I hope you'll enjoy it.

BTW, good luck tomorrow!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Argh, wish there were a video of Stasya’s SP at the cup final with sound all the way through :mad:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
GO STASIA!!! You'll make it to Worlds!! Just don't fall on everything and the ticket is yours!!!

Tutto

Record Breaker
Stanislava & her team took on board my advice to start SP with 2A and it paid off!!! :laugh:

Well done Stanislava!

People, I see, are complaining about her being overscored on SS as opposed to Gubanova which might be true in part but Stanislava has much better speed and ice coverage - judges love it. She gives me flashbacks of Caro back in the day skating at the speed of sound if not the light :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
I think it was a wrong move to change LP layout, it helped her all the season to rely on her old Karenina and make good use of the muscle memory.
I kinda knew that skating last was bad news for her.
Hope she still have Universiade to end the season on a high note

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think it was a wrong move to change LP layout, it helped her all the season to rely on her old Karenina and make good use of the muscle memory.
I kinda knew that skating last was bad news for her.
Hope she still have Universiade to end the season on a high note

I'm kinda happy though, move away the bad press from her--and Valentina. Let the girl end the season at the Universiade and that's it.

MarthaBee

Rinkside
A recent article about the Liza and Zhenya situation included a small bit about Stasya - apparently she was asked to comment on that and said very politely that her coach told her not to comment. She apologized and said "But come to the Universiade and I will be very happy to talk to you there", and the journalist was very impressed with how polite and well-brought-up she is. I found this bit very cute in a generally depressing article.

Scott512

Record Breaker
A recent article about the Liza and Zhenya situation included a small bit about Stasya - apparently she was asked to comment on that and said very politely that her coach told her not to comment. She apologized and said "But come to the Universiade and I will be very happy to talk to you there", and the journalist was very impressed with how polite and well-brought-up she is. I found this bit very cute in a generally depressing article.

Why depressing?

She is wonderful. Very classy.

Giltedge

Final Flight

Yes, Stanislava always comes across as admirably dignified, whatever her fortunes (and the nonsense that goes on around her), and at the same time she wears her heart on her sleeve in a touching way. I love watching her skating, always very beautiful even when there are slip-ups. :luv17:

MarthaBee

Rinkside
Why depressing?

She is wonderful. Very classy.

Choosing only three people for Worlds among several very talented skaters is bound to be difficult, but I find the way it was handled by RusFed very depressing, and this article was mostly about that, and how it was done.

Stasya is very classy indeed. Last year I went to a fan meeting with her and found her to be very articulate, intelligent and polite.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, Stanislava always comes across as admirably dignified, whatever her fortunes (and the nonsense that goes on around her), and at the same time she wears her heart on her sleeve in a touching way. I love watching her skating, always very beautiful even when there are slip-ups. :luv17:

Choosing only three people for Worlds among several very talented skaters is bound to be difficult, but I find the way it was handled by RusFed very depressing, and this article was mostly about that, and how it was done.

Stasya is very classy indeed. Last year I went to a fan meeting with her and found her to be very articulate, intelligent and polite.

True about how terrible rusfed handled this and how lovely Stasya is in real life.