Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I am pretty much sure she will get 2 spots. She's a strong contender and one of the strongest ones that RusFed has after Polina T and Alisa F.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I am pretty much sure she will get 2 spots. She's a strong contender and one of the strongest ones that RusFed has after Polina T and Alisa F.

I hope so but I am not sure that she will because if Polina is fit to skate then there really are no open spots at the last three JGP events because both Polina and Alisa F will take 2 spots each and Liza N and Nastia G will likely take the remaining 2 spots. Stasya wasn't named as substitute for JGP Japan, so, she can't replace Samodurova there. The only way she would get a 2nd event is if Polina can't skate or if Stasya does way better in her JGP event than what Liza or Nastia does in their events.

Naturally there is also a possibility that Liza or Alisa F will replace Samodurova (or Tarusina) at JGP Japan which would give one open spot for the last three JGP events. I kind of doubt this will happen though.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Stasya will open her season next week in Saint Petersburg. Liza Tuk and Sima will be there also, among others.

Hopefully Stasya will do great because Alina Z has set very high standards for Russian supergirls and if Stasya doesn't deliver she may not get a 2nd JGP event.

Can't wait for the videos.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Stasya will open her season next week in Saint Petersburg. Liza Tuk and Sima will be there also, among others.

Hopefully Stasya will do great because Alina Z has set very high standards for Russian supergirls and if Stasya doesn't deliver she may not get a 2nd JGP event.

Can't wait for the videos.

But don't forget about awful bus accident with Anna Tarusina. She had a surgery on her knee. So it's sad but her places (or place? is there any compensation by ISU?) is free now :( I am not sure that she will recover so fast especially after surgery at knee. So Stanislava can take it

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
But don't forget about awful bus accident with Anna Tarusina. She had a surgery on her knee. So it's sad but her places (or place? is there any compensation by ISU?) is free now :( I am not sure that she will recover so fast especially after surgery at knee. So Stanislava can take it

I doubt Anna will skate at any JGP event this season but still there are plenty of supertalented girls - Zagitova, Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Fedichkina, Nugumanova, Konstantinova, Lozko, Samodurova... That's 8 girls and there are only 13 spots left which means atleast one of these girls can't have 2 events. We will see how it goes but at the moment I think that Samodurova, Konstantinova and Lozko are the ones who will fight for the last spots.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Stasya got 63.95 and is first after SP (Sakhanovich is second with 59.75 and Tuktamysheva third with 55.81).

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Final results:

Sakhanovich 173.89
Konstantinova 173.22
Tuktamysheva 168.22

Stasya :console: Not a good time to make so many mistakes. Not sure if she let her nerves to get the better of her, or it's something else.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Stasya has been assigned to JGP Germany. Obviously she needs to do well at JGP Russia if she wants keep her 2nd event.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Stasya needs to get her nerves in order and stop treating every competition like it's her last chance ever to prove herself, because nobody can skate their best under such pressure. Not getting any JGP spots last season has obviously been weighing heavily on her. Maybe after getting her second spot this season she can finally relax and enjoy herself a little, she sure deserves it.

kalee

On the Ice
I really want to root for Stasya because the sheer hard work and improvement she made is inspirational. And that is why even though she got silver in Saransk, it still left me with a slightly bitter feeling -- because the talk about the overscoring will overshadow the recognition of her capabilities and I hope that doesn't cast a shadow over the rest of her international season.

She is capable of doing better -- the scores she had last year in domestic comps and Tallinn Trophy are testimony to that. So I hope that she will have less pressure now that she has one JGP medal under her belt, and thus have a cleaner FS in Germany. She should be at least on par with Yuna Shiraiwa and Eun Soo Lim, so JGPF is not out of reach.

sneakers

Match Penalty
she needs to improve her posture, she hunches her back too much and kind of stiff on her jumps.
goodluck to her second event, a silver in Germany might guarantee her in JGPF

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I thought what happened at JRC was an accident. I was wrong. Same coach with Kolyada, huh? But why are the jumps not the same? So solid and textbook jumps by Kolyada and so awkward jumps by Stasya. I really don't like her FS since last season. Very bad music and costume. What about today I have no words. All girls in Saransk were bad.
But anyway good luck for her.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Stiffness has a lot to do with nerves in her case, not just jumps but knees in general. I think it got to the point a few times when they actually started shaking, and it's not something you want to happen if you need to go out there and skate. She really needs to move herself out of that headspace and breathe a little.

bosskil

Match Penalty
I thought what happened at JRC was an accident. I was wrong. Same coach with Kolyada, huh? But why are the jumps not the same? So solid and textbook jumps by Kolyada and so awkward jumps by Stasya. I really don't like her FS since last season. Very bad music and costume. What about today I have no words.
Aren't you lost? It's a fans thread. :mad:

bosskil

Match Penalty
Congratulations Stasya! :yahoo::clap:
Winning silver medal against Tsurskaya, Nugumanova and Shiraiwa in the international debut, especially after very underwhelming performance in St. Petersburg few weeks ago is great outcome.
She clinched her second assignment in Germany against all odds and naysayers, you go girl! :clapper:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I thought what happened at JRC was an accident. I was wrong. Same coach with Kolyada, huh? But why are the jumps not the same? So solid and textbook jumps by Kolyada and so awkward jumps by Stasya. I really don't like her FS since last season. Very bad music and costume. What about today I have no words. All girls in Saransk were bad.
But anyway good luck for her.
Regarding the awkwardness - it shouldn't be forgotten that Stasya has grown recently, and that tends to throw off a skater's coordination. Kolyada had his bad times too, Stasya has done quite well compared to some of his skates in juniors. And I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with her jumps.