Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Isn't Volkov the one who made Trusova who she is before Eteri? :pray: I know that this season has been tough and with Misha missing the season and Stasya being a bit of a mess, her team probably wasn't in the best place to prepare her for the future.

It's good to see that she isn't ready to give up yet, that she will restart and continue to fight for the place her talent merits. Go Stasya!

Scott512

Record Breaker
I hope the coaching change works for Stasya. She is beyond lovely hopefully this will help her career and her competitive spirit.

Scott512

Record Breaker
SP from today:

She really sold that programme today! Love how pleased she was at the end.

Well done Stasya! She loves this SP. She was not happy with her score. Neither was I.

Stasya is so fit, She wasnt eating donuts while not skating for 4 months. ;) Credit to her for handling the covid break so well.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
, She wasnt eating donuts while not skating for 4 months.
Was that some BS T Tarasova was spewing? I heard she said that Stasya should lose weight! She's such a hideous person, the figure skating world deserves better than having to listen to her drivel.

I thought Stasya was awesome and the crowd was so appreciative!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Side note, I remember reading interviews with Stasya a couple of years ago and seeing weight control always creep into the conversation:

She seemed a bit preoccupied with trying to lose weight back then (like running on the treadmill 40-60 minutes every night - not a good idea if you ask me, muscles need rest and running is high impact). Coincidentally Tarasova was very fond of her back then.

The fact that today her skating looked the best it's been in years, with her current physique, suggests that technique/coaching was the issue with her struggles in the past seasons, not body weight. Let's see how the freeskate goes :) And BTW I think her costumes this year are great!

McTwisp

Rinkside
Martine Dagenais - April 8, 2019 - https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/...e-artistique-moscou-russie-academie-plushenko
I dreamed of going to the Olympics, especially after winning the title of Canadian junior champion. It was in 1996. I was 19 years old. I thought I had everything to get there, that my dream was accessible. But it was the other way around. After my gold medal, everything tumbled.

I couldn't do all my triple jumps anymore. Just doing a good program made it so difficult.

I tried everything: I changed coaching teams, I moved to Ontario, far from my family, far from my bearings.

Four years fighting to reach the top of the podium again. I did not succeed. I understood that my dream was gone. Despite all my sacrifices, mine and those of my family, I did not make it and I retired.

This is my biggest regret. But today, I understand a little better why.

Martine must be so proud of Stasya in getting her figure skating career back on track. A redemptive skate not only for Stasya but for Martine.

A happy Stasya just glows.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Was that some BS T Tarasova was spewing? I heard she said that Stasya should lose weight! She's such a hideous person, the figure skating world deserves better than having to listen to her drivel.

I thought Stasya was awesome and the crowd was so appreciative!
Did TAT really say that? This public body shaming would not be tolerated in America by a media star at TATs level. I can't imagine what TAT would say about Nastya G and her weight or body! I think Stasya looked incredible and very fit. Stasya is about 5'7" tall and probably weighs about 115 pounds. She just looks bigger than most of the other girls because they're so small and super light for the most part.

By the way I think Stas should have scored in the seventies yesterday not 67.